BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Gunning should be now looking to step up.

Ramm, more likely. Gunning isn't a right-back, AFAIK.

Chimbonda is overpaid, overpriced and doesn't play. We should have dumped him at West Ham instead of being greedy, which is exactly why we're trying to extend his contract. Then the club wonders why the wage bill is so high...

Keep Salgado (doubtful we could get rid on his huge wages) and Emerton. Ramm might push for a place as well.

Giving Chimbonda a new deal would be a stupid move. I find it hard to have any sympathy for the club when it moans about wages and not being able to afford players, but at the same time they offer new big money deals to average players.

"Sam Allardyce's truffle-hound's nose". Good grief. Has Paul Wilson (if that is his real name) got proof of this? Has he actually seen Sam sniffing for truffles on all fours in a hound stylee? I haven't and quite frankly I don't want to, not that I believe it or anything.

This is clearly another attempt to undermine the entire football club by claiming Sam has a massive truffle problem. I fully expect Sam to issue a statement today / tomorrow and issue a claim for damages at half time on Saturday.

Don't truffles sell for a very high price? Perhaps this is the club's new way of raising transfer cash.

Keep Salgado, make him part of the coaching staff. Bring back Toogs as well, Salgado and Toogs FTW

I can actually see that offer coming, but would he be willing to settle down in Lancashire? If he wanted to coach I'm sure he has contacts in that small town club Real Madrid...

I can actually see that offer coming, but would he be willing to settle down in Lancashire? If he wanted to coach I'm sure he has contacts in that small town club Real Madrid...

don't be silly, Blackburn's better than Madrid in every measurable area, plus he's far more attached to us than Real....

Players that will end contract with Rovers in the end of the season:

Benjani

Chimbonda

Salgado

Mame Biram Diouf

Jason Roberts

Jason Brown

Grant Hanley

With the exception of Hanley (that I would keep if he is good enough), all of them should leave.

That would make right back and strikers the priority for next season.

As a right back, how about Ivanovic? After all, his contract is ending too lol

I would also try to keep Mame.....all the rest can go (takeover permitting)

As far as Mame goes,(reading todays article in the LT) I doubt that would be a hard buy for us, convincing red nose may be harder, especially if he does well. Cost them 2m 12 months ago.

I'll start the bidding 4m. :)

Players that will end contract with Rovers in the end of the season:

Benjani

Chimbonda

Salgado

Mame Biram Diouf

Jason Roberts

Jason Brown

Grant Hanley

With the exception of Hanley (that I would keep if he is good enough), all of them should leave.

That would make right back and strikers the priority for next season.

As a right back, how about Ivanovic? After all, his contract is ending too lol

Suggesting Benjani should leave before we have even seen him play.

I'm prepared to watch him a few times before deciding if he should leave or not!

No need to worry about not signing anybody boys Chimbonda has revealed that he was far to important to sell and that were going to offer him a new contract

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6366315,00.html

Horsefeathers! No chance would we offer our second choice right/left back a new improved deal, on what is an already attractive package. Given the fact he stopped putting a shift in about half a dozen games in too, I hardly think that'll be one of Sam's priorities.

He couldn't get more desperate if he actually said give me a new deal please. Mind you we may well need a right back given Salgado's age and Emerton looking a shadow of his former self. But if he continues to wuss out of tackles and the like, I think I'd be looking for a new right back.

As for the rest out of contract - only Hanley and Diouf looks worth a punt of a new deal. The rest aren't good enough and/or are past it.

Archived