BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

No need to worry about not signing anybody boys Chimbonda has revealed that he was far to important to sell and that were going to offer him a new contract

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6366315,00.html

Therein lies all that is wrong with our club.

Pascal Chimbonda - the perennial mercenary, forever touting himself for a move, wants to commit to Rovers despite never playing. I know Nicko has denied this story, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was true.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen so far we shouldn't be at all upset about missing out on Nikica Jelavic.

I do wonder where he'd fit in though, I wouldn't like to think Kalinic would have been on the bench to accommodate him, and he would have been an expensive sub.

If we can keep Kalinic and M. Diouf fit then I don't think we have striker problems. Benjani and Roberts are decent impact players from the bench as well.

Jason Brown joins Leeds on a month long loan.

If this was at least three months I'd say "Ok, cool", but I don't much see the point of loaning him for just one month. Doesn't it limit his chances of getting a proper loan for the season unless Leeds extend it? That rule about not playing for three clubs inside one year does apply to loans right? And he was second choice keeper here last year...

Chimbonda being offered a new deal better not be true.

Our midfield definitely needs strengthening.

I think Gai Assulin was invited back to City after he impressed there first time around until his knee gave him some trouble. Not sure when he'll recover from the injury but seems unlikely he'll be coming to us, even though I agree it would be a very very exciting move.

I must admit while watching the Hammers/Chelsea game I'm relieved we dodged a massive bullet by not getting Pokemon. He makes JR look good when it comes to hitting the crossbar from 1 yard with an open goal. Even Benjani for all his limitations would have buried that. I was also thinking while watching that why did he not head the ball down instead of up?. Heading upwards there is always a chance you will hit the crossbar!. Dindane would have been ok but Pokemon I doubt he is good enough if he can miss simple headers like that. Also isn't it strange Mr Carthy claimed he was moving to WHU to help his chances of getting in the world cup squad yet he can't even make the matchday squad or the bench!.

I was hoping someone might be able to confirm I remember a while back we had a partnership with Cercle Brugge of Belgium. Where we sent some of our players to get experience of the Belgium league and in return we got some of their promising players who might make it over here. Can someone confirm do we still have this partnership?. If so, have we been looking over there to see if any promising youngsters could do a job for us over here. Surely you would have thought we might have found a striker over there someone better than Banjoni does anyone know if we looked?.

Players that will end contract with Rovers in the end of the season:

Benjani

Chimbonda

Salgado

Mame Biram Diouf

Jason Roberts

Jason Brown

Grant Hanley

With the exception of Hanley (that I would keep if he is good enough), all of them should leave.

That would make right back and strikers the priority for next season.

As a right back, how about Ivanovic? After all, his contract is ending too lol

7 of our 25.. I know its a bit early and the takeover is potentially coming.. but too me its worrying we will never be able to replace those chaps with the sort of funding we had this pre-season.

Players that will end contract with Rovers in the end of the season:

Benjani

Chimbonda

Salgado

Mame Biram Diouf

Jason Roberts

Jason Brown

Grant Hanley

With the exception of Hanley (that I would keep if he is good enough), all of them should leave.

That would make right back and strikers the priority for next season.

I've been saying for awhile now that the 2011 summer is shaping up to be an interesting one. A significant number of our first team is going or gone. IF Syed is the real deal and the sale goes through, Sam will have plenty in transfer fees and budget capacity to make the Rovers more than a top ten contender. Assuming Sam doesn't let the cash go to his head and ensures that every sale is value for money. I don't want the Rovers to go the ManCity route.

My link

History. ;)??????

Sorry about that. I read articles before I leave for work and usually only get to the first few topics. I get the balance during lunch. Kudos on breaking the news first. Next time I'll beat you and in no time at all we'll be scooping nicko (not). B)

I've been saying for awhile now that the 2011 summer is shaping up to be an interesting one. A significant number of our first team is going or gone. IF Syed is the real deal and the sale goes through, Sam will have plenty in transfer fees and budget capacity to make the Rovers more than a top ten contender. Assuming Sam doesn't let the cash go to his head and ensures that every sale is value for money. I don't want the Rovers to go the ManCity route.

Sorry about that. I read articles before I leave for work and usually only get to the first few topics. I get the balance during lunch. Kudos on breaking the news first. Next time I'll beat you and in no time at all we'll be scooping nicko (not). B)

I was bored and just looking for an argument, took that long to answer I beat the dog up instead. ;)

I just dont see Rovers, a cash rich Rovers wasting money like city have

lescott £24m

milner £20m

jo £19m

Barry £12m

adebayor £24m

robinhood £32m

etc etc etc

For a tiny fraction of that amount Rovers could easily progress into a top 8 team in one season with the right players.

Archived