BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the ruling states that a player, needs to play at least 25% of international games, within a 2 year period to be granted a work permit. Has Rafael Van Der Vaart played this for Holland? If not, then surely he should be denied a work permit as well? :unsure:

Holland are in the EU so he doesn't need a work permit.

The European Union is composed of 27 sovereign Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.

according to that so are bulgaria so how did he need 1?

I

Rovers were set back financially because of the Ince era. In my view for a club like Rovers it would take more than one and half seasons to recover from. Add to the fact that gate receipts have dropped due to lower season ticket prices.

I do not hear anybody asking for those to increased.

/quote]

I'm not sure that's right is it? I thought the "gamble" had paid off and that we had made up in additional supporters for what we lost on prices. I thought I remembered john Williams expressing satisfaction about that. Is that not right?

1. You are not allowed to loan two players from the same Prem club I believe?

True. Checked the rules from premierleague.com, and it says only one loan is allowed from one club. Wasn't sure if that was just a rumour or real.

Oh eck, this is getting messy...I can't imagine rovers pulling a media con trick, can you? Does Popov have a twitter or anything like that....be nice to get his side of things.

Sadly not. Doesn't appear to be as big in Bulgaria yet...

Can we get clarification that Rovers actually applied for a work permit? The guys at the LT seem to think this is untrue and the whole thing is highly suspicious.

According to the portuguese press, Rovers asked for a work permit but they were denied because he didn't play enough international games.

He said he refused offers from Benfica, Liverpool and Tottenham among others. He thinks Birmingham is the best place for him.

Which means Birmingham are paying him top whack. We could have paid him with the Benni money + wages saved on those offloaded. It would only be until the end of the season, and if the takeover happens, a relative spit in the ocean where wages are concerned.

He said he refused offers from Benfica, Liverpool and Tottenham among others. He thinks Birmingham is the best place for him.

More like "big club" offered more money,why would you turn down Liverpool,Benfica and even Spuds ahead of them.

More like "big club" offered more money,why would you turn down Liverpool,Benfica and even Spuds ahead of them.

Spurs have a strict wage limit rumored to be 50-60k per week, sounds like that's the reason.

Hleb would have cost big bucks

Turns out Gudjohnsen was a permanent move too - £2m + big wages!

Which means Birmingham are paying him top whack. We could have paid him with the Benni money + wages saved on those offloaded. It would only be until the end of the season, and if the takeover happens, a relative spit in the ocean where wages are concerned.

And if it doesn't?

This 25 man squad thing is going to leave a lot of players unhappy. I also cannot see how it can be legal under european working rules.

Why would it fall foul of European legislation (or UK for that matter)? Any player not selected for the 25 man squad will still be entitled to the benefits of his contract as long as he turns up for work - he just can't be selected for certain games. He will still get paid. I'm sure no one has a contract which stipulates that he will play in specific games. It won't stop them being ###### off but it's not illegal.

If we had the paperwork in before 6 p.m yesterday for Popov, is there any reason or obstacle in the way for Rovers to Appeal the Home Office decision and the Transfer still go through ? (special case) not sure if anyone knows the answer or not ?

Strange that we haven`t actually heard anything official from Rovers yet.

After our thrashing by preston in the pre season friendly last month. Sam was believed to have thrown a massive tantrum after the game and threatened to quit unless the board backed him with more funds. This story was confirmed by many reputable posters on here such as nicko etc

If I am right, then supposedly the board had agreed to relase more funds, which i think people had estimated to take our budget to around £4m maybe even £5m.

Was this story complete rubbish? Or did something change and the money was taken away again?

I apologise if I have some of the facts wrongs, but this story is sticking in my mind, as I am certain it was confirmed he demanded more money from the board, or he was off?

Why would it fall foul of European legislation (or UK for that matter)? Any player not selected for the 25 man squad will still be entitled to the benefits of his contract as long as he turns up for work - he just can't be selected for certain games. He will still get paid. I'm sure no one has a contract which stipulates that he will play in specific games. It won't stop them being ###### off but it's not illegal.

And I don't think any team has any problems with the squad size. City has 27 over 21 yr players, and that includes David Gonzales, Michael Johnson, Shaleum Logan and Kelvin Etuhu. Not sure if Johnson is fit, but even if he is, throwing Logan and Etuhu to Championship will reduce their squad to 25.

Edit: Spurs has 25 without Van der Vaart, but that includes Woodgate.

Archived