BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal Preview

Eddie

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our goal was a fine one, and yet the pundits are trying to imply it typifies our 'direct football'. Take away the stereotype and people would be lauding the sublime link-up play.

I'm watching ESPN, and Macmamnnna mannn had to eat his words, They were all throating about Arse, but then the Rovers produced a class goal.

Just realised our bench includes what many people suggested as our best midfield 4 at the start of the season with Emerton, Dunn, Nzonzi and Olsson yet we are playing really well today. Our squad might just be strong enough to really compete in this league IF we can keep up performances like this.

At the game. Given the opposition that was the best first half performance by Rovers by a million miles under Allardyce.

We're playing football against the best footballing team this side of Barcelona, and we should be ahead. Funny that, plenty of clever dicks on here said we could never hope to survive in the Prem by playing anything other than percentage based hoofball, even against the weak teams. ;)

Why bigger teams have yet to snap him up I will never know. Obviously i'm not complaining! :D

I'm positive we'll have had numerous bids for Samba in the last couple of years.

He's been awesome, as has EH Diouf.

It'd be unfair to not mention that the whole team has done really well though and my only worry is that Walcott can potentially tear Gael a new ringpiece every time he goes up against him.

1st half performance completely justifies the selection - EH Diouf has been better than what we could have hoped for in Olsson and Grella has been at least on par with the standard Nzonzi performance.

Let's hope we can keep them out and take one of our chances in the 2nd half - but how good does our front three look at the minute: EH Diouf, Kalinic, M Diouf :tu:

Interesting point raised by Richard Keys about the Blackburn pitch. It seems slightly narrower and the grass is slightly longer to give Arsenal less of an advantage.

I like the little tricks that happen at football clubs. A classic example is when they change the temperatures in the opposition changing rooms to make it really cold (to affect the muscles) as well as sometimes giving them a flickering light or cold showers to make it less comfortable.

Archived