BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal Preview

Eddie

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EH Diouf is playing brilliantly, infact all season he has been good. I wonder what has changed? Him and Gamst seem to be like new players!

All season? 3 games? :lol: I agree, though, he's been eating his Weetabix.

H/T: 1-1

Resolute performance by Rovers, with the occasional wobbly, and we could be 3-1 up - Nelsen had a header cleared off the line, and Samba also went very close with a header. Mame Diouf has looked lively, if a little raw, and his namesake has looked different class. Also, wonderful stuff by Samba in the build-up to our goal. He's been massive.

With Van Persie off with an injury, we have every incentive to win this game! Let's hope we don't switch off in the second half!

HT

Got to be very happy with that performance so far. Man of the match so far has to be between Samba and E.Diouf for me. Samba has been outstanding so far, rock solid and a fantastic run and pass in the build up to the goal. Diouf looks a completeley different player, quicker, takes players on and his control and crossing is better.

The game is very much in the balance and could go either way, if we put in the same performance in the second half i will be happy no matter what the end result might be.

Very intense first half. We've been great, done almost everything perfectly. Fighting for every ball, getting into Arsenal, putting them under pressure, producing some strong attacks...Diouf especially has been on fire. Only problem is - you blink and Arsenal might have scored. That's how fast they can sneak a goal in. Walcott is more dangerous than the entire English midfield that played at the World Cup.

Hopefully we can keep up the tempo the 2nd half and allow them as little possession as possible.

Givet looked suspect for the goal but ever since he has got closer to Walcott. We just need to keep getting stuck into them as soon as they get the ball. Fabregas has managed to find a bit of space on times which is slightly worrying so maybe Jones needs to get a bit closer to him. I have noticed Jones give the ball away a few times in our own half so he needs to learn not to mess about there but sometimes just hit it to safety rather than try and find a pass. Otherwise a very good performance. We are more than holding our own and even look dangerous on the counter. The Dioufs linking up and playing very well, Salgado dealing well with Arshavin, Pedersen knocking some decent balls about and of course Samba is just class.

The most enjoyable game I've seen for ages. Gotta keep Walcott quiet though! EHD is man of the match for me but Samba is always class. The 2 forwards give us so many more options....and the goal was fantastic - Diouff and Samba.........sheeeesh!

Clash of 2 styles at its best. Arsenal were very scary in the first few minutes but we seem to have their measure now. Let's hope we can keep up the pressure. Good deliveries from Gamst too.

Archived