BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2010

ewoodpo

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the most boring game I have seen for a long time.

United's midfield lacks so much creativity without Paul Scholes pulling the strings.

Two handballs in the box whilst Giggs and Edu (i think) were on the ground in the penalty box. So much for the touchline officials making an impact on the game. What's the point in them being there :wacko:

Full time - 0-0

Alex Ferguson's fault for putting out a weak team.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea looking very laboured tonight, although to be fair they do have 9 points from their first 3 games, so a draw would hardly be the worst result in the grand scheme of things.

Interesting stat that at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have scored 40 goals since Cech last let in a goal. Incredible.

Chelsea looking very laboured tonight, although to be fair they do have 9 points from their first 3 games, so a draw would hardly be the worst result in the grand scheme of things.

Interesting stat that at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have scored 40 goals since Cech last let in a goal. Incredible.

ITV always pick the classics.

• 3 months later...
  • Backroom

Strangely Barca didn't seem too bothered about going back to the Nou Camp just one down.

Arsenal did well but got lucky barca should have had a penalty at the end and the disallowed goal looked borderline to me.

I like Arsenal but want Barca to win the tournament.

Strangely Barca didn't seem too bothered about going back to the Nou Camp just one down

That's because to go through Arsenal have to avoid defeat and/or stop Barca from scoring in the Camp Nou, both of which are very unlikely.

Might be a bit late to mention this but prior to the Barca game, Messi and Xavi were all talking about their concerns about the pace of Walcott. Lennon also cut Milan to pieces with his pace the other night. It seems that if you have pace, you will trouble even the best team. Hopefully Kean will takes note and play Olsson and Holliet on the flanks every game as well as get some quick fullbacks in the summer.

I went to the game last night and it was a bit of an odd one. From about the 20th to 60th minute Barcelona were a different class, but before and after that Arsenal did a much better job of pushing up and breaking up Barcelona's possession. Surprisingly good atmosphere as well.

I went to the game last night and it was a bit of an odd one. From about the 20th to 60th minute Barcelona were a different class, but before and after that Arsenal did a much better job of pushing up and breaking up Barcelona's possession. Surprisingly good atmosphere as well.

I thought Barca lost their way and perhaps their shape a bit when Villa went off.

Archived