BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2010

ewoodpo

I thought Barca lost their way and perhaps their shape a bit when Villa went off.

They'd lost it well before that. They were poor for most of the second half to be honest, Arsenal were by far the better team. Barca were unbelievably good for most of that first half though. Had they maintained that in the second half Arsenal would have been out of the tie already.

How good was Wilshere by the way? Stunning control, awareness, composure and passing. I thought Paul Scholes was going to be the most intelligent English midfield player I'd see in decades, looks like I was wrong. Wilshere was the best player on the field last night.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'd lost it well before that. They were poor for most of the second half to be honest, Arsenal were by far the better team. Barca were unbelievably good for most of that first half though. Had they maintained that in the second half Arsenal would have been out of the tie already.

I disagree I thought Barca were the better side overall, but did let Arsenal get back into the game in the second half. The game should have been over in the first half and would have been had the wrongly disallowed Messi goal stood. There was also the penalty chance that should have been given in the second half when Arshavin handled the ball.

How good was Wilshere by the way? Stunning control, awareness, composure and passing. I thought Paul Scholes was going to be the most intelligent English midfield player I'd see in decades, looks like I was wrong. Wilshere was the best player on the field last night.

He does look a talent but I wouldn't go that far yet, still a lot to prove.

In person I actually thought the opposite. He's obviously a wonderful prospect, but I wasn't very impressed by his movement and the spaces that he went into.

Arsenal are one of the clubs top of most people's dislike lists so I couldn't care less if they win or not.

Even worse is the constant fawning by media and fans over Barcelona. I find their constant passing and passing and passing style a bore to watch and I can think of numerous European teams over the years who have been more exciting, the 1960s Real Madrid team of Di Stefano being one and the Benfica teams of Puskas and Eusebio and the Ajax team of Cruyff being others.

That's because to go through Arsenal have to avoid defeat and/or stop Barca from scoring in the Camp Nou, both of which are very unlikely.

Actually, that isn't true. They might not have to do either of those. If they lose 3-2 they go through on away goals.

I disagree I thought Barca were the better side overall, but did let Arsenal get back into the game in the second half.

Sorry I did only mean that Arsenal were the better team in the second half. Barcelona were miles ahead in the first half. I agree Barca shaded it overall and a draw probably would have been a result more reflective of the game.

In person I actually thought the opposite. He's obviously a wonderful prospect, but I wasn't very impressed by his movement and the spaces that he went into.

I was thinking of his use of the ball in incredibly tight situations. He had the ball in quite a lot of deep positions but showed great composure and awareness to wriggle out of situations and play an accurate pass. For a small lad he uses his body very well.

Arsenal are one of the clubs top of most people's dislike lists so I couldn't care less if they win or not.

Even worse is the constant fawning by media and fans over Barcelona. I find their constant passing and passing and passing style a bore to watch and I can think of numerous European teams over the years who have been more exciting, the 1960s Real Madrid team of Di Stefano being one and the Benfica teams of Puskas and Eusebio and the Ajax team of Cruyff being others.

I thought they were wonderful to watch, the one touch football is so very difficult and is totally dependent on the work of the players off the ball, played at the pace it is now, even though I grew up watching Puskas etc, they would have struggled against that Barca side, indeed Gento who was quick, may just have got the pace of the game!

I would urge anyone who sits high up in the stands, to go and watch from close to the dugouts a Rovers youth team game and look at the pace the ball is pinged around.

Last night at pace, Barca players were collecting balls and turning in one movement, great to watch.

Barcelona are clearly not a boring team to watch. Theyre the most entertaining team for some time

Some of the moves you are left shocked as to what happened as they are so good. The pace they play at is unreal.

Having said that, I do want arsenal to win, we should be supporting the English teams in the champions league!

• Backroom

Got to disagree on both counts, other than Rovers if I could pick to watch any two teams it would be these two anyday.

As I said last night I hope Barca win as they have a better chance of winning the whole thing than Arsenal IMO but either of these winning the cup would please me.

Got to disagree on both counts, other than Rovers if I could pick to watch any two teams it would be these two anyday.

As I said last night I hope Barca win as they have a better chance of winning the whole thing than Arsenal IMO but either of these winning the cup would please me.

I agree entirely, the Arsenal brand of football is wonderful to watch (as is Barca) they need no space to play those short passes and move them forward or out of trouble, I would love to watch that each week.

He said: "We don't think that the Champions League final is overpriced.

hmmm really!!

What a rip off (much like the Olympics!)

Last year I went to the Europa Cup final (not the same cup I know before anyone says), and those tickets were €40 which included free local transport. I also applied for Champs League Final tickets, and I cannot remember exactly how much they were - they definitely were nowhere near much because I wouldn't have applied!!

Archived