BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2010

ewoodpo

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greatest club side you have ever seen? You must not have seen many.

I have never used the word beautiful to describe a team but that's Barcelona. This is my opinion and have seen some great teams over 25 years, AC Milan, Real, etc.

• Backroom

Shocking refereeing denied Chelsea a last minute penalty, what is the point in having these extra officials if they don't flag up things like that?

Shocking refereeing denied Chelsea a last minute penalty, what is the point in having these extra officials if they don't flag up things like that?

Totally agree TCO.

Howard Webb last friday evening intimated that there would be some more trials carried out regarding goal line technology in the coming months, unfortunately he did not know which venues or leagues it would be at.

I thought the ref got two things wrong.

Booking Van de Sar for asking an outfield player to take a goal kick. Van had hurt his leg earlier and was struggling.

Booking Torres for diving. Torres' boot caught the calf of the United defender to send him sprawling. No penalty. No dive. Just play on.

Wrong to book the keeper.

Wrong not to award the penalty for the Evra tackle. Should have been a penalty and almost certainly a straight red card.

Having said that, Chelsea didn't do themsleves many favours with a few dives during the match. Manchester United were also full value for the win and looked the far better side. Very good away performance.

Schalke, Real Madrid and Barcelona all through. United half way there. Looks like it could be a very interesting final.

Not a penalty IMO.

Should be interesting semi finals as well.

United's goal was a good team goal. Credits in order of merit for the goal go to:-

1) Giggs

2) Rooney

3) Carrick

I couldn't stand it if United get through, mind you Terry's bleating needs to stop or I will be changing my mind

I hope Madrid win for Mourinho, Barcelona for eternal recognition, Schalke because they are a thrown together bunch of nearly theres or fading stars and Chelsea because I despise United.

Semi matchups should be cracking football to watch

• Backroom

Good news, Ray Wilkins will be commentating on Man United - Chelsea this week, stay on your feet!

EDIT Just noticed it was him tonight, sounded much better

United won't be troubled by Schalke. Schalke are just a worse version of United. Can they beat Real Madrid or Barcelona in the final? That I'm not so sure about if they don't have Ferdinand fit, but I fully expect them to make the final now.

Rooney was fantastic tonight. His cross-field passing was from another world. That really is the sort of role that he should always look to play.

Archived