BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2010

ewoodpo

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real have 11 men behind the ball. They playing purely to stop Barca. If Barca score then the whole thing will kick off, but for the time being its clear that Mourinho is petrified of losing an away goal.

Allardyce would be proud.

I thought the match was an appalling spectacle.

Twenty-two posturing, petulant players whose main aim was not to play football but to get their opponent sent off either through feigning injury or play-acting after an innocuous tackle.

Pepe was challenging for the ball and should not have been sent off but Alves should certainly have been shown the red card for coming back on the field after being carried off on a stretcher.

Rovers have some poor players but at least they are honest - the players of Real Madrid and Barcelona are a disgrace to the beautiful game, including Messi.

Give me Sam Allardyce's solid, yeoman English football any day of the week.

Jisty, I agree with you. That Barcelona team is easy to hate.

Very good goal, but it doesn't make up for a terrible match.

I too dislike Barca, they have a petulant cheating side to them and set out to get a Real player sent off and did just that, Pedro an Busquets are two of the worst.

I think I must be the only person (in the world) who doesn't like Messi.

Good player, without a doubt, but needs a slap.

Any particular reason? I'd be interested in any evidence you have on a footballing basis.

If its just an irrational dislike, then fair enough.

Game spoiled by the ref falling for Barca's soft ass tactics. Now I can see exactly what Arsenal model themselves on.

Until the red, Real looked more likely to win.

Good 2nd goal, but cannot understand why none of the 4 close to Messi didnt make an actual challenge. Take one for the team.

To think Messi deserves a slap after watching tonight's game is ridiculous. Almost every outfield player BAR Messi deserved to be disciplined for their behaviour.

Real were shocking. Terrible performance.

Not a massive fan of Mascherano or Puyol, but Iniesta/Xavi/Messi are the greatest trio of players this, or any other generation has seen.

Any particular reason? I'd be interested in any evidence you have on a footballing basis.

If its just an irrational dislike, then fair enough.

Nothing to do with his football. I'd love to see him in the PL. Bet he daren't though.

I think he personifies the petulant, cheating, "who me?", face of Barca. At least Mourinho is an honest cynic. Barca are underhand at it.

If that makes me irrational, so be it,

What a horrible advert for the Spanish game. That wasn't a football match, it was a con/intimidate the ref competition. Contemptible diving, rolling around and play-acting at every opportunity and a scrum of players charging at the ref gesturing frantically a centimetre from his nose at the slightest hint they might be able to get an opposition player punished. Barcelona won the pathetic antics contest in the end by manging to turn a challenge that wasn't even in a booking into a red card. Great team they may be but I thought they were a total joke tonight and played more than their part in a massive embarassment to the champions league.

EDIT: Messi apart of course. That guy is a joy to watch and seems to rise above the odious cheating of most of his team mates.

Archived