BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers : A Proud Tradition.

Saturdays's win over Blackpool marked our proud Club's 1000th win in the top flight,Rovers are only the Twelth club in the country to have achieved this footballing landmark.

I would just like to say to all you 'small town club' knockers,to the 'big club' obsessed media and to the many modern day football fans who care nothing for tradition and history hear this..........

:brfc:OUR PROUD TOWN CLUB IS WHERE IT BELONGS IN THE TOP FLIGHT.THE PROUD TRADITION OF THE BLUE 'N' WHITES CONTINUES STRONG! :brfc:

WBA is part of Brum. Half their ground is in Brum, the other hslf in West Bromwich. It comes under the artificial borough of Sandwell, but is only 5 miles from the centre of Birmingham. It's a bit like saying Manure - in Trafford - isn't part of Manchester.

But as the club represents West Bromwich they are a town club, are they not?

Saturdays's win over Blackpool marked our proud Club's 1000th win in the top flight,Rovers are only the Twelth club in the country to have achieved this footballing landmark.

I would just like to say to all you 'small town club' knockers,to the 'big club' obsessed media and to the many modern day football fans who care nothing for tradition and history hear this..........

:brfc:OUR PROUD TOWN CLUB IS WHERE IT BELONGS IN THE TOP FLIGHT.THE PROUD TRADITION OF THE BLUE 'N' WHITES CONTINUES STRONG! :brfc:

Amen to that Mr W :tu:

WBA is part of Brum. Half their ground is in Brum, the other hslf in West Bromwich. It comes under the artificial borough of Sandwell, but is only 5 miles from the centre of Birmingham. It's a bit like saying Manure - in Trafford - isn't part of Manchester.

Like saying Everton isnt part of Liverpool, (Woolwich) Arsenal or Tottenham arent part of London, etc....

West Bromwich is as much a part of Birmingham as Stockport is a part of Manchester. It might be close but it's a seperate place.

Although this is going away from the the theme of " a proud tradition ", I would be interested in the views of people who live in the Midlands.

I have always thought of there being 3 teams in Birmingham; I accept I might well be wrong, but would people who live in the area like to comment?

Although this is going away from the the theme of " a proud tradition ", I would be interested in the views of people who live in the Midlands.

I have always thought of there being 3 teams in Birmingham; I accept I might well be wrong, but would people who live in the area like to comment?

If you say West Brom is in Birmingham, you have to say both Walsall and Wolverhampton are too. West Brom is NOT part of Birmingham. I used to live in Birmingham and was born just outside Wolverhampton.

I am sure tony gale's mic is going to accuse me of being paranoid and promoting an anti Rovers conspiracy theory, but I have always found post Jack, a complete lack of respect for Rovers' tradition as a club.

If you mention Sheff Wed, Notts Forest, WBA, Wolves etc to fans, many will say 'historic club', 'lots of tradition' etc etc.

However, mention Rovers it is; 'bought the title', 'plastic club', 'no fans', 'don't deserve to be in the Premier League' etc etc- even though we have as much if not more history than the bloody lot pre 1992.

For me, the media has brainwashed a generation of fans against us, perhaps it is because we have carried on achieving- putting the noses of fans of the 'bigger clubs' who win bugger all out of joint in the process, maybe it just says it all about the modern football supporter, maybe I shouldn't care less, but it doesn't half get my goat! :angry:

Archived