BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Thugs

Kelbo

And clearly not having the courage to step in and help a friend has never been an issue for some has it?

Still it's easy to be a keyboard warrior and accuse others of.. and I quote " Blowing Goats"

Easy to be cocky behind a keyboard aint it?

Miker

Tony gales mic

I'm glad I never had to go out on patrol with either of you

Oh!.... And one more thing. Tell me. How you can watch someone else bleed out and do nothing about it and still have any honour?...... Honour?... You don't even know the meaning of the word.

Dude, I'm a doctor, if I watch someone bleed out there's a hell of a lot of better things I can do about it than smacking some bloke round the head. Still, no honour in that is there?

Any kind of assault charge and that's my career effectively finished and I'd imagine it's the same for a few other professions too.

When you're agreeing with the semi literate Abbey on this board you know you're onto a loser.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why should Jim bother even trying to communicate with you in a reasonable way when you keep throwing out insults such as coward and tosser.

Also,in my book Cyprus is welcome to you,you seem a very angry individual.

errr!...... yeah, ok dude, thanks for your contribution. Can I suggest(In a very reasonable Hippy sh1t kind of way Cos I don't want such a sensitive little soul such as youself to be offended or think I'm angry with you or people like you who just happen to think that getting smacked and.. A) Not having the Tesstickles to fight back or B) Not having the tesstickles to help your mate is in fact a rare form of Courage) (Please don't use that word again) OFF!..... By the way. Would have fought back or just Snivveled cos some one had called you names?.........OH NO! Jim he's being rude! Don't fight back. :wacko:

:wstu:

Discipline? I was a soldier Kelbo. I understand discipline. discipline under fire, discipline on the parade ground, discipline of the mind(sic) self discipline, in fact discipline you have probably never even imagined let alone experienced. No disrepect dude but would "YOUR" discilpine have been any consolation had your mate have died because of this morons behaviour?..... Nah... I didn't think so! hey and as for your "prospective Councillor" must be better to lose a mate rather than votes eh?.....Keep digging mate, keep digging

You seem to have invented your own version of Kelbo's story here, throwing a liberal dash of 'drama queen' over it in the process.

He got a smack in the mouth. Why are you rambling on about life support machines and death? I would like to assume that the others would have intervened if it was more serious. I guess only Kelbo can give a reasonable answer to that.

Dude, I'm a doctor, if I watch someone bleed out there's a hell of a lot of better things I can do about it than smacking some bloke round the head. Still, no honour in that is there?

Any kind of assault charge and that's my career effectively finished and I'd imagine it's the same for a few other professions too.

When you're agreeing with the semi literate Abbey on this board you know you're onto a loser.

Good for you TGM when I need A). A bottle merchant and B). A plaster I'll send for you.

When I need a mate cos I'm in the ###### I won't! Oh and by the way doc. You were the keyboard warrior I was refering to.

Remember the "Blowing goats" Jibe. Next time you're due in Cyprus let me know. You can say it to my face!

Spot on otto..I'd stand up for ANY of my mates..abd that's not keyboard talk that's fact ! Cant believe anyone could let their mate get assaulted .one surprise punch yes it happens but two and the lad didn't fight back is very strange.

Bloody Hell Abbey! It is not often I agree with you, but on this occasion you are spot-on. So also is Otto and Bazza. In situations like this you don't have time to think about it; it is simply an instinctive reaction. You are under attack...... deal with it fast before it is too late. That is the the only thought process that goes on in your head, and if it is your friend on the receiving of the initial punch instead of you; that makes NO difference. The reaction is precisely the same.

I learnt all this the hard way by being bullied at school and reacted. I was never bullied again!!

Good for you TGM when I need A). A bottle mechant and B). A plaster I'll send for you.

When I need a mate cos I'm in the ###### I won't! Oh and by the way doc. You were the keyboard warrior I was refering to.

Remember the "Blowing goats" Jibe. Next time you're due in Cyprus let me know. You can say it to my face!

:lol: You're unhinged.

When I'm in need of a hired thug I'll send for you, until then you're no good to anyone.

You seem to have invented your own version of Kelbo's story here, throwing a liberal dash of 'drama queen' over it in the process.

He got a smack in the mouth. Why are you rambling on about life support machines and death? I would like to assume that the others would have intervened if it was more serious. I guess only Kelbo can give a reasonable answer to that.

!Whatever you say dude. You think I'm rambling because. Either can't be arsed to read all my comments or you just don't understand them. But thanks for your insights into the discussion. I'm sure people found them very thought provoking.

:blink:

What an interesting read this thread is.

Kelbo has come one here to tell others about a disgraceful incident that has occurred involving someone who claims to be one of our own. He's being placed in the position of being attacked because "its not what I would I have done". Not one of the attackers on here was there, you cannot appreciate the situation nor understand the implications that can occur to those involved.

His mate, got a couple of quick smacks for saying he was from Burnley, what an absolute joke that some are saying he shouldn't have said that. How low has society become if a man/woman can no longer say his home town without fear of violence. Shocking.

Next you all start saying that they can't be decent mates because they didn't all pile in a start a brawl. I need a CRB check to work and I can tell you right now I know of incidents where people have done exactly what you all say. Yes they have only been either defending themselves or others, but alas its not always as black and white as that. I can think of one distinct incident where a friend defended himself, the assailant came off worse and the defender lost his job in football as he was accused of ABH. And yet eventually he got off and was not charged. Shades of grey and all he did was what you all suggest, who was the real loser in that situation?

Can you just see the front page of the papers should those involved have jumped in? "Local councillor involved in brawl" - New career required. "X club football coach involved in brawl" - New job most likely needed. The police were there they moved in quickly and decisively and dealt with it in seconds as they where most likely on the platform, but hey lets jump in anyway. My friends have made it clear to me that if ever anything like that happens, I am under no circumstances to get involved. They all know exactly how much time and money I personally have invested in my career to date, I say the same to them. Those are true friends who would never ask me to give up / risk my LIFE and CAREER over a petty incident, like a smack. But yet you are all taking it to an extreme saying "he could end up on life support", but alas that is not what happened and so is a mute and completely different point.

I would recommend to one or two that cutting down on caffeine would be a good move.

!Whatever you say dude. You think I'm rambling because. Either can't be arsed to read all my comments or you just don't understand them. But thanks for your insights into the discussion. I'm sure people found them very thought provoking.

:blink:

You're right...I don't understand your comments. I don't understand why you were talking about life support machines and death when it was a smack in the mouth.

Dr know it all...stop being a patronising cock and try shoving your stethoscope up your arse and listen to the ###### you write. Would you stand by and let a nurse at your hospital be attacked? Or do you have double standards .and dude as for me being a loser I would like to compare what I have won and how high I represented at. Get over yourself just because your a dr doesn't make a better person than anyone on here. I bet you fart and wipe your arse with toilet paper.

:lol: You're unhinged.

When I'm in need of a hired thug I'll send for you, until then you're no good to anyone.

Really? 46 years old, retired at the age of 43........4 kids: two at uni, one a dentist and one a fleet air arm pilot(Flys choppers for the Royal Marines) Was able to retire at 43 because I was very succesful in business after leaving her majesty's forces(where did you get the idea I was an ex copper jim?) NO GOOD TO ANYONE?........Ok have it your way! :wstu:

Makes you despair when ex policemen are advocating meeting violence with more violence.

Or perhaps that's just the way they operate.

I can only assume you are referring to me Magoo. In my short post I referred to restrain and protect, and the inadequences displayed by so called toughies when faced with a real situation.

Now then, with all your 'skills' as a hack, please explain where violence is advocated ?

I am gobsmacked, I make a remark, of which the essence really was, why was a guy smacked in the mouth because he said he lived in Burnley and what do we get, a few morons on here who think 'oh its normal' yep its normal, normal for idiots and thugs, kids unable to hold their drink!

To say I am disgusted is an understatement, as for the ex military guy in Cyprus, what is the consequence of you retiring at 43? does that make you any less of a thug, the Krays were still active in their 50s!

I did believe most were proper people, but some of you disgust me to the extent that it could have been someone on this messageboard who carried out the assault, who obviously is unable to handle his beer!

Dr know it all...stop being a patronising cock and try shoving your stethoscope up your arse and listen to the ###### you write. Would you stand by and let a nurse at your hospital be attacked? Or do you have double standards .and dude as for me being a loser I would like to compare what I have won and how high I represented at. Get over yourself just because your a dr doesn't make a better person than anyone on here. I bet you fart and wipe your arse with toilet paper.

If a nurse at my hospital was attacked, along with others at the scene would restrain the attacker along with calling security. I wouldn't get involved in a fist fight.

However in the case of this chap he was hit twice before the police come which either means they came very quickly and everything happened very quickly (it only takes a few seconds to throw a couple of jabs) or he punched him twice and then didnt do very much for a while that required restraining.

I couldn't give a toss what you've won or who you've represented. You have the opinions and the mind of a 4 year old child.

Really? 46 years old, retired at the age of 43........4 kids: two at uni, one a dentist and one a fleet air arm pilot(Flys choppers for the Royal Marines) Was able to retire at 43 because I was very succesful in business after leaving her majesty's forces(where did you get the idea I was an ex copper jim?) NO GOOD TO ANYONE?........Ok have it your way! :wstu:

I'm sure they're proud to have a 46 year old father who offers out fights to people on the internet who make joking remarks about blowing goats....

Jesus, can't believe some of the nonsense on here.

Self-defence isn't violent retribution or protecting your honour, it's about getting home safe and with your front teeth (and more ...) intact.

If it was one punch and then the Police were there I could understand it since there was no reaction time. But two being thrown, you just can't stand there and get walloped because of your job, that's nutty.

The best form of self-defence is to avoid these situations in the first place. I know this guy didn't ask to be smacked and it's not his fault, but a little bit of streetwise attitude goes a long way. But having found himself in that situation, I'm very surprised as a boxing coach, he didn't stand up for himself. Still, it's his front teeth, not mine.

Jesus, can't believe some of the nonsense on here.

Self-defence isn't violent retribution or protecting your honour, it's about getting home safe and with your front teeth (and more ...) intact.

If it was one punch and then the Police were there I could understand it since there was no reaction time. But two being thrown, you just can't stand there and get walloped because of your job, that's nutty.

The best form of self-defence is to avoid these situations in the first place. I know this guy didn't ask to be smacked and it's not his fault, but a little bit of streetwise attitude goes a long way. But having found himself in that situation, I'm very surprised as a boxing coach, he didn't stand up for himself. Still, it's his front teeth, not mine.

Do teeth grow back if you give the other guy a smack too after the fact?

Or does it simply encourage the loss of more teeth when he then gives you a 3rd punch in response?

Archived