BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We salute you Duggie!

Well done to Bryan Douglas for fighting our corner in responce to the rubbish accusations of two-bob footballer Danny Murphy about Rovers being a thug side.

Its heartening to see an Ewood legend making a stand for HIS club.I think we are all sick and tired of the shyte thrown our clubs way.

Douglas said: “He is talking rubbish and he should be embarrassed by what he has come out with.

"Any manager worth their salt wants their players to compete. But we are no thugs.

“Of course we compete on the field but you look through our team and I can’t think of one player you would consider a hard man.

"We tackle but within the laws of the game. Perhaps we could do with a few bigger tackles being made.

“He should be hauled over the coals for this, by both Fulham and the FA.

FULL ARTICLE

"“I was at the Wolves game the other week when Karl Henry was sent off for his challenge on Jordi Gomez. I’m not even sure he really touched him and if it was me I would just have given him a yellow." :wacko:

He played in a totally different era where people were really kicked etc, he probably sees todays tackles as powder puff compared to what he played through but that doesn't mean his opinion is right. Infact I disagree with everything he says apart from the Danny Murphy being an average player.

Infact I disagree with everything he says apart from the Danny Murphy being an average player.

1. Any manager worth their salt wants their players to compete. But we are no thugs.

2. Of course we compete on the field but you look through our team and I can’t think of one player you would consider a hard man.

3. We tackle but within the laws of the game.

So you disagree with these three statements? You think Blackburn are thugs who don't tackle within the laws of the game? I take it your following of the Rovers extends all the way to the last 30 seconds of Match Of The Day then?

I was thinking the other day I would actually like us to be more physical. We don't have anyone who really gets stuck in and can win the ball.

Remember seeing Danny Murphy as a pundit last season, he was trying to be outspoken for the sake of it. Hopefully he realises his comments in respect to us are wrong and has made himself look a kn0b.

"“I was at the Wolves game the other week when Karl Henry was sent off for his challenge on Jordi Gomez. I’m not even sure he really touched him and if it was me I would just have given him a yellow." :wacko:

He played in a totally different era where people were really kicked etc, he probably sees todays tackles as powder puff compared to what he played through but that doesn't mean his opinion is right. Infact I disagree with everything he says apart from the Danny Murphy being an average player.

Defending one of your own ffan?....Rovers are NO thugs. <_<

What struck me about Murphy's comments was why he even included us. Yes Wolves and Stoke have dished out some pretty shocking challenges of late. But we haven't threatened to end anyones career. If he had said Rovers were culpable for the demise of the English game through deploying a long ball game, nurturing young talent to play percentage football and relying on set pieces to win football matches, he may have had a point. But kickers we are not.

Seems he was just a little bitter about the result the other week. Overlooking the penalty claims we had turned down incorrectly.

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway feels Danny Murphy was wrong to criticise the managers of Blackburn, Stoke and Wolves for their style of football.

"Danny Murphy owes a few apologies. I was shocked to read his comments about Blackburn, Stoke and Wolves being too physical and playing the game the wrong way.

"He said those teams are over-zealous in their tackling and have a win-at-all-costs attitude which should be looked at.

"Danny, you are totally wrong and a bit out of order. Teams play in different ways, that is football."

Infact I disagree with everything he says apart from the Danny Murphy being an average player.

Then you didn't pay a blind bit of attention to any of them.

There are a couple more things about Murphy's comments I find ridiculous that don't seem to have been picked up on. He seemed to be accusing managers of amping up their players too much. Is he really saying they're putting too much passion into them? That's an integral part of the game! He was also accusing players of going into their challenges too fast. Firstly, they're always going to go in at the speed they're capable of, as this is often what gives the best chance of winning the ball. Secondly, any good tackler (read: Not Danny Murphy) knows that if you pull out of your tackle, in many cases that can be what CAUSES an injury.

• Moderation Lead

The guy's a mug who misses the limelight seriously.

We were dirtiest under his current manager when we really did have a team of dirtbags- Lucas(lucash/judas) Neill, Mokoena, Dickov and Savage (still open to debate imo). He really does need to check his facts before spewing out a load of nonsense like he did.

As someone rightly pointed out earlier- I'd love it if we were more physical!

"DANNY MURPHY does straight-talking and commonsense better than any current footballer. If he’s not managing my football club in a couple of years, I hope he’s the first name on any TV producer’s list of pundits."

Usually I like what Dave Kidd has to say...

They were very strange comments from Murphy, particularly in the way that the only charge he really made was that clubs are sending out players "too pumped up". Now what on earth is that supposed to mean? God help the teams not up for a game. He stopped short of illustrating any partucular tackle, because he knows that evidence of bad tackling can be brought from any footballing era.

The League managers association have responded to his accusations,, "Two of the three clubs mentioned have yet to receive a red card in the Barclays Premier League this season."

I also believe he's been dropped from commentating on tonights England International game because of those comments.

Would have thought from what Murphy has said, the FA should charge him with unsporting behaviour, and stretching this to, gaining an unfair advantage by publicising and potentially influencing future match officials of the three clubs forth coming games.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

Says it all really. Although I agree that what EH Diouf did was wrong, there was no chance of injury, which is what Murphy's main argument is really. Fair enough we don't play the prettiest football, but I can't remember any instances where one of our players has done a two footed lunge, or been sent off for serious foul play in recent history.

One thing that has not been mentioned in this thread is that Bryan Douglas was one of the most skillful of players. The reason he didn't play more for England was the number of skillful forwards in England at the time and (Most pertinent at this time) that he was kicked off the park at every oportunity.

In my book, he was the best of the best, he was only lacking in a bit of beef, but had he played today, would have been worth millions, maybe tens of.

Archived