BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Chelsea

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olsson was tracking Drogba's run. Nelsen ran straight across watching the ball and ran right in to Olsson.

That's what it looked like from where I was sitting anyway. (directly infront of them)

I sit right across from where it happened too. I saw it the way you did. Pretty much everyone who sits near us did too. Took his own man out gifting them a goal.

So much better at the back with Nelsen and Samba in.

Played some great football on the deck today especially in the first half, this is why we were effective, Benjani did excellent was a shame he had to stay off because of a tight hamstring, thought Roberts did very well when he came on but again unfortunately didn't have the finish. Pedersen was lacklustre today and his deliveries were woeful from set pieces.

The 2 Dioufs were brilliant in supporting the striker today, as was Brett busting through from midfield.

Deserved more but that's what happens when you play the champions, we must ensure we play this well V.S. Wigan and hopefully we adopt a similar approach of actually passing the ball on the floor as it worked today and we dominated the champions for a good 20 mins!

Why do I get the feeling that the team that played so well today will be a.w.o.l. against wigan and we'll play terribly again. Experience of being a rovers fan me thinks!

Haha! Already got that feeling, too. I don't know if it was the potential owners in the stands and a game against the Champions that stirred us into life, but I can't see us being this positive against Wigan.

I sit right across from where it happened too. I saw it the way you did. Pretty much everyone who sits near us did too. Took his own man out gifting them a goal.

But do you expect Olsson to beat Drogba in the air? Especially when he's behind Drogba when the ball's played into the box.

Here, Olsson is behind Drogba running into the box. Nelsen the player you'd expect to win the ball.

Defending1.jpg

Here, Olsson's still not caught up with Drogba and Nelsen looks perfectly positioned to head the ball, it looks like the ball's going to land directly on Nelsen's head.

Defending2.jpg

And here, Nelsen's going to ground, obviously because he ran into Olsson and not the other way around ;)

Defending3.jpg

It was actually Olsson that tried to get infront of Drogba that collided with Nelsen, a regular back four that plays together all the time would'nt have the communication problems we have at the moment.

But it's been nice to see you argue nelsens corner :) We actually looked a lot stronger with him back.

But do you expect Olsson to beat Drogba in the air? Especially when he's behind Drogba when the ball's played into the box.

Here, Olsson is behind Drogba running into the box. Nelsen the player you'd expect to win the ball.

Defending1.jpg

Here, Olsson's still not caught up with Drogba and Nelsen looks perfectly positioned to head the ball, it looks like the ball's going to land directly on Nelsen's head.

Defending2.jpg

And here, Nelsen's going to ground, obviously because he ran into Olsson and not the other way around ;)

Defending3.jpg

Jesus Christ. Nelsen is in the middle. Olsson is tracking the run of Drogba on the left.

Did you expect Olsson to drop off?

Olsson will be expected to mark anyone that is running down the left no matter how tall that person might be.

You're starting to sound abit "mothery" and dare I say it abit "stalkery" towards Nelsen recently; like he can do no wrong. It's a bit creepy

Jesus Christ. Nelsen is in the middle. Olsson is tracking the run of Drogba on the left.

Did you expect Olsson to drop off?

Olsson will be expected to mark anyone that is running down the left no matter how tall that person might be.

You're starting to sound abit "mothery" and dare I say it abit "stalkery" towards Nelsen recently like he can do no wrong.

No, I'm just proving a point. People mentioned what they saw at the game and I showed some pictures to try and clear up the discussion. What's wrong with that? I'm backing up my point with evidence, I'll not bother next time ;)

No, I'm just proving a point. People mentioned what they saw at the game and I showed some pictures to try and clear up the discussion. What's wrong with that? I'm backing up my point with evidence, I'll not bother next time ;)

The second picture. You say the ball is set perfectly for Nelsen's head. I can tell you now from being perfectly positioned in the Blackburn end that it definitely wasn't.

I like Nelsen. I think him and Samba are one of the best central partnerships in the league.

BUT he made a mistake today that cost us a goal. No-ones calling for his head, just merely pointing out his mistake.

Its like you take it as a personal attack whenever someone criticises Nelsen.

There's one thing I'm not sure I understand about today's game. Or more, the crowd. Dave Whelan was in the crowd even though Wigan were playing at the same time. My only guess is, he came to pay his respects for Ronnie?

Yes. I took a photo just before the game and it shows him and Bryan Douglas on the side of the pitch during the minutes applause.

Good to see a positive line-up and a very different approach from last week.The cruelty of this league is that we ended up with exactly the same result!

Surely though we finished the game knowing we should have done better and knowing that we can. Last week seemed to indicate we were a lost side with nothing to offer.

I too would like to see the same personnel next week, particularly Little Diouf starting ahead of Kalinic. No point loaning him if he's not given the chance to show what he can do.

As for Jason I feel desperately sorry for him, I always feel things are going to go right but they never do. You just know that when the crucial chances come along he'll be there to miss them. Shame.

Usually we complain about mid-field, today it was all about finishing.

A lot of work to do to get out of this mess, starting against Wigan. When you look at Wolves' result it makes you realise how precarious our position is.

Didnt see much of the game, thought Roberts looked a far, far, better player than Kalinic, even despite his miss and Olsson should only be our left back when the opposition allow for it, its that simple.

Must'nt forget to mention Paul Robinson as hes now beginning to look like a complete Keeper, WELL DONE ROBBO!

The second picture. You say the ball is set perfectly for Nelsen's head. I can tell you now from being perfectly positioned in the Blackburn end that it definitely wasn't.

I like Nelsen. I think him and Samba are one of the best central partnerships in the league.

BUT he made a mistake today that cost us a goal. No-ones calling for his head, just merely pointing out his mistake.

Its like you take it as a personal attack whenever someone criticises Nelsen.

The ball is directly above his head in the picture, which is why I said that.

Fraserkirky said this,

when dogba peeled off Nelson had to go with him, but got knocked over by a lost Olsson. Thats what I saw anyway.

RovertheHill asked the question,

Olsson took Nelson out?

I have to agree with Fraserkirky and all I've tried to do is prove a point.

It just frustrates me that Nelsen gets criticised when in my opinion he's not done anything wrong.

Hopefully it'll look more clearer on MOTD and I'll admit it if I've got this wrong :)

• Backroom

Just seen the first goal, people blame Olsson but Nelsen took him out, just a bad mix up

Edit: Cech made it easy for Roberts as well he could have tapped it in the other side :(

Just seen the first goal, people blame Olsson but Nelsen took him out, just a bad mix up

Second goal has to be down to a combination of, a debatable refereeing decision on the free kick, followed by a very poor clearance header from Dunny.

• Backroom

Yep no idea what Dunny was doing it was a simple header unfortunately he had a Derbyshire moment. At the time I thought Diouf won the ball but havn't seen a proper replay.

The turn by Diouf for Robert's chance was sublime.

Yep no idea what Dunny was doing it was a simple header unfortunately he had a Derbyshire moment. At the time I thought Diouf won the ball but havn't seen a proper replay.

The turn by Diouf for Robert's chance was sublime.

Not to mention the pass and then the control from Roberts, if we keep playing like that we have no worries.

• Backroom

If (and it's a big IF) we approach the Wigan game like that we should be comfortable, seeing how we can play makes the Fulham and Sunderland results hard to swallow

No reason why we can't attack all teams like that

Can't agree with you that Olsson took Nelson out. Though I will give you that he may not have cleared it anyway. Whatever the reasons it was terrible defending. Same with the second goal. Scored by one of the sneakiest dirtiest players I think I have ever seen, guy fouled all game then popped up and scored. No justice in football.

Going back to the first goal, Jones should have had his eye on Anelka anyway.

Just watched us on MOTD, Hanson gave a lot of praise saying we were the better team. I still think Roberts needs shooting though. Still no idea how M Diouf missed as well. Difference between top and bottom teams, they take their chances.

Playing badly and winning = mark of champions.

Playing well and losing = relegation candidates.

Whichever way you dress it up, it was one and possibly three points squandered today.

Added to the other points unnecessarily dropped and they make the difference between staying up and going down next May.

I'm worried.

• Backroom

I think we all are Jim but things looked far worse at times last season and the one before and we got out of it. Problem is there's only so many times you can escape.

Anything less than 3 points next week and it's panic time. Wigan condemned Ince and you never know what it could do to Sams reign with the new guys possibly in control.

Archived