BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rebranding Ewood

Mc Love

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really makes no difference to me if somebody buys the naming rights - it will still & always be Ewood.

Aren't most of the stands already sponsored anyway?

As for the new owners (whoever they may be)calling the ground after themselves - what would be the point?

The whole idea of sponsorship is to bring in new money to the club.

By putting your own name or logo on the shirt or stadium you would be denying yourself fresh external revenue...

I've read it differently - that the new owners are looking for sponsorship around the ground, not the ground itself.

Back page of the LT headlines - RENAMING EWOOD 'IS AN OPTION'

If its something like Air India @ Ewood Park then thats fine by me - especially if it gives us an extra £5m a season or whatever.

In this day & age you really do need to milk every penny possible if you want to become competitive with the big boys.

If changing the name generates some decent revenue for the club then i have no problems with it. I think most fans will always call it Ewood Park anyway and it could always be changed back in the future. Its likely they would leak out the proposed name to see what the fan reaction would be, let's wait until then (if it happens).

As reports have come out of the new owners rebranding, what are your thoughts?

However, if it did come down to it, and we had to rebrand the stadium, I think it would have to retain the Ewood in the name.

First the serious stuff.

Totally agree with you, probably inevitable that the naming rights will be sold and probably to a name that's recognised on the sub continent. As long as they keep Ewood in there I'll be OK with it. Maybe something like 'The xxx Stadium at Ewood Park'.

Also happy with any plan to replace with the riverside stand with a hotel and terraces. I just hope they make the most of the river itself in the design ie maybe clean it up, put boulders in it for a bit of white water and either leave it open in an atrium or cover it over with a see through floor and lighting. Please don't just pave over it like the Blakewater in the town centre. The town council wanted shooting for that.

On fun note ... let's rule out 'Chicken Sh!t Circus' or 'Innit Park' :lol:

My two favourite chicken gags :

What Is Chicken Teriyaki? The Name Of The Oldest Living Kamikaze Pilot.

Microsoft announces the release of Chicken 2.01a, which will both cross roads and calculate the energy it used. There are bugs, yes, but if you uninstall Traffic 2.0 and Farmer 1.2 it will run. If it freezes at WhiteLine 2.0, we have a patch ...

Sorry I couldn't resist.

On fun note ... let's rule out 'Chicken Sh!t Circus' or 'Innit Park' :lol:

My two favourite chicken gags :

What Is Chicken Teriyaki? The Name Of The Oldest Living Kamikaze Pilot.

Microsoft announces the release of Chicken 2.01a, which will both cross roads and calculate the energy it used. There are bugs, yes, but if you uninstall Traffic 2.0 and Farmer 1.2 it will run. If it freezes at WhiteLine 2.0, we have a patch ...

Sorry I couldn't resist.

:blink::blink:

Back page of the LT headlines - RENAMING EWOOD 'IS AN OPTION'

If its something like Air India @ Ewood Park then thats fine by me - especially if it gives us an extra £5m a season or whatever.

In this day & age you really do need to milk every penny possible if you want to become competitive with the big boys.

The only way you will get the kind of money that makes it worthwhile, will be if its constantly being read out on TV. If its air india @ Ewood park most commentators will just say Ewood. So its not going to be like that, if its goiing to be changed it will "the Mcdonalds Stadium" or some such as if your paying millions for it you want as much exposure as possible, that means bye bye Ewood.

Get with the times people

Emirates, Ricoh, DW, Reebok, Walkers...............

Also as said previously if they called the ground the Venky Dome what would you call it? I know I'd still say I'm going down Ewood.

:rover: all the above are new grounds :wacko::brfc:

The most valuable thing about Blackburn Rovers is our tradition. Arsenal, Man City and the rest can go and tattoo their owner's name on their arses for all I care, but they'll never have the tradition. If "growth" and improvement" is synonymous with whoring out your cub and your stadium, than I say no a thousand times.

Can we re-brand the players as well? Get them to change their name by deed poll.

"Number 1 in goal for Blackburn Venkys today is Paul Venky, playing in front of the Venky End. He punts it aimlessly upfield now, towards the Other Venky End, and Nikola Venky manages to get it to randomly bounce off his shoulder before falling over. Morten Gamst Venky quickly wins it back for Rovers, and switches play to the other touchline, right in front of the Jack Venky Stand. Rovers of course have an illustrious history, they received the Venky Shield for winning the FA Cup three times in a row. Rovers switch it up quickly now ... Venky to Venky, Venky crossing and it's Venky! The Venky stadium goes wild."

We could also change the badge and have a venky chicken laying a golden egg replacing the rose.

Can we re-brand the players as well? Get them to change their name by deed poll.

"Number 1 in goal for Blackburn Venkys today is Paul Venky, playing in front of the Venky End. He punts it aimlessly upfield now, towards the Other Venky End, and Nikola Venky manages to get it to randomly bounce off his shoulder before falling over. Morten Gamst Venky quickly wins it back for Rovers, and switches play to the other touchline, right in front of the Jack Venky Stand. Rovers of course have an illustrious history, they received the Venky Shield for winning the FA Cup three times in a row. Rovers switch it up quickly now ... Venky to Venky, Venky crossing and it's Venky! The Venky stadium goes wild."

We could also change the badge and have a venky chicken laying a golden egg replacing the rose.

Don't forget the Fraser-Chicken stand!

Archived