BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle v Rovers

jodrell

I agree about Roberts having a point to prove, however I don't think in the long term he is going to win himself any friends in the dressing room if he carries on with his childish reaction at both the goal and at full-time. Yes he might be p!ssed off with Allardyce becasue of the way he was treated during the pre-season/start of the season (and I don't blame him), but not to celebrate with the fans and/or players when he scores an important goal or after an important victory comes across as a bit immature - and as for the BS he came out with in the interview on Football First.....

Good win, spoilt by that little scouse thug Joey Barton - who needs a good pasting.

Just to add, I'm not sure why people still watch MOTD when you can get a much more balanced picture on Football First :brfc:

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Robbo and I appreciate the point he has been trying to make over the past week but he needs to calm down and stop behaving like a prat. Really didn't like his reaction to Samba after Robbo got the yellow.

What was that? Must of missed the reaction? You talking about Roberts or Robbo the keeper? :wacko:

If your on about Jason, then he needs to remember its a team game...he also needs reminding how many GREAT opportunities he has failed to take in his time at Ewood, and to consider why he sometimes might not play!

- and as for the BS he came out with in the interview on Football First.....:

What did he say on football first??

Hughesy I have to take umbrage with you moaning at everyone for being negative on here. In your eyes the club can do no wrong and yet even you predicted a 4-0 drubbing!!!

Hardly mister positive were you!!

Ah I'm going to have to go to more away games, my first away game since Goodison on the opening day a few years back :rover:

I had a good feeling on the way up on the coach about this game and was sure we wouldn't lose.

Really impressive performance from all concerned with Rovers last night from the 11 men on the pitch to the men on the bench. It was really evident from the opening few seconds that we where set up with 5 at the back when defending and three when on the attack, leaving a spare man at all times to enable us to have two men on Carroll at all times and the only chance they had of note was when our three centre backs failed to double up on him.

Pedersen for all he did well last night could have cost up against a better side but I'm pleased for him to get another goal and it can only help his game going forward.

Hoillet and Chimbonda never put a foot wrong last night apart from the silly yellow, however the worlds best have been doing it for years. I have to say it was a joy to see a player taking the ball and running at a defence, it was a joy to behold.

Roberts did well for his goal and I could see the reasoning for replacing Kalinic once they leveled, although I did think the young Croat did have a good half to be fair. As for the treatment of Jason I don't think Sam has been too harsh on him, but he has been given his chance and the ball is now firmly back in Sams court as he has taken them.

Our fans where really great last night, I thought we took a fairly decent following given a midweek game up there. We out sang them for almost the entire game apart from their goal. I have to say that I don't think I have ever heard a poorer home crowd in my entire life. I know that we where up in the gods but I couldn't make out even one song or chant from the Geordies last night. I've been to overhyped grounds such as Anfield and Old Trafford before, but St James' is easily the quietest I've been to.

Finally, anyone fancy buying me a ticket and flights for our next away match :xmas:

Edit: Joey Barton, I'm sorry but the guy can only be given so many second chances. He's a complete and utter idiot and has no place on a football pitch or even in normal society in general. I really thought he had turned a corner after some of his recent performances and especially his reactions following the treatment he received this season especially from a a certain Wolves player.

Finally, finally, I wouldn't pay much attention to Hughtons comments at all. The man was second in command to Brian Kerr with us during one of the worst periods in Irish football history!

Pedersen for all he did well last night could have cost up against a better side but I'm pleased for him to get another goal and it can only help his game going forward.

Talking specifically about the Nolan chance? We got lucky that Pedersen's mistake on the ball wasn't punished.

Good to see people acknowledge Hoilett's good performance. On Roberts it’s going to be interesting to see what happens. We have seen Roberts push for a start on many occasions after a goal or two but when he does start he looks pretty rubbish. He has always been more effective coming off the bench against tired legs in my opinion. I also wonder what his behaviour after the goal and after the final whistle will do for his chances for selection.

The treatment of him at the start of the season was appalling to be fair. Not my favourite player, but no way to treat him.

Bloody good management based on bloody good psychology. If Roberts needs a point to prove lets make sure he has one all the time. Allardyce has been in management a long time and appears to be working Roberts like a puppeteer works a puppet.

HOWEVER Lets not get all gushy about Jason's goal. It came from the worst attempt to trap a ball that I have seen since Frank Lord's day. :lol:

Agreed. Barton's was worse though, a pure punch. Cowardly

He'll get done fot that I'm sure. Just a point with these suspensions though is that if he is given a three match ban in the first half of the season then the third match should be the return at Ewood.

HOWEVER Lets not get all gushy about Jason's goal. It came from the worst attempt to trap a ball that I have seen since Frank Lord's day. :lol:

He could have fallen over the ball and hit it in with his arse for all i care, he scored the goal and won us the game.

And lastly, Mr. Roberts. Glad to see he's playing with a chip on his shoulder, because it's looked to have really fired him up.

Just think howe good he'd be if we could manage to put a chip on both shoulders!!!

We have just brought back 3-5-2! I thought it had been lost forever to the 4-5-1.

A classic formation.

Sometimes.

I'd have thought him scoring proved his point enough, the behaviour towards his team mates was childish though, as was him storming off without shaking hands or applauding the travelling support who were singing his name.

Goals speak a lot more words than a hissy fit.

I'd suggest that we are seeing the main reason for Sam wanting him out during the summer. There is no room for a bad attitude in any team.

Remember that theno is a big fan of Barton and wants him to wear the famous blue and white halves.

If you see him in a bar, for gods sake dont brush past him, you will get punched in the chest.

Nice to know you hang on my every word. Wewll done, it shows you have sound judgement Bucky. :tu:

Truth is Barton is a scroat from Inner city Liverpool who imo from seeing interviews and especially one a couple of years ago with Gabby Yorath is always on the edge. In that interview he had a constant troubled air.

He is a flawed talent and being as how we can't afford proper talent then if we were to sign him in center mid (Mags wages have screwed that btw) he'd be a mile in front of anybody that we have. Andrews is pants, MGP / Emerton are not naturals in that position, Grella and Dunny are simply unreliable physically (if those two were reliable there would be no need to gamble with a nutter),

Jones's future is prob centre half.

In a different time I'm sure that Brian Clough would have signed him like a shot. It would be a test of Allardyce's metal but he really is the type of midfielder that we have been crying out for for years but cannot afford. His baggage makes him a liability bit it does not make him a bad player does it?

Nice to know you hang on my every word. Wewll done, it shows you have sound judgement Bucky. :tu:

Truth is Barton is a scroat from Inner city Liverpool who imo from seeing interviews and especially one a couple of years ago with Gabby Yorath is always on the edge. In that interview he had a constant troubled air.

He is a flawed talent and being as how we can't afford proper talent then if we were to sign him in center mid (Mags wages have screwed that btw) he'd be a mile in front of anybody that we have. Andrews is pants, MGP / Emerton are not naturals in that position, Grella and Dunny are simply unreliable physically (if those two were reliable there would be no need to gamble with a nutter),

In a different time I'm sure that Brian Clough would have signed him like a shot. It would be a test of Allardyce's metal but he really is the type of midfielder that we have been crying out for for years but cannot afford. His baggage makes him a liability bit it does not make him a bad player does it?

Agree it doesn't make him a bad player. But a football club should have some ethics and standards.

There are plenty of other footballers to choose from. Sam has worked hard to shed our image of the bully boys under Hughes - signing Barton would be a big step backwards.

i aint doubting joey barton's ability to play football - i think hes better then what we have in central midfield but things like last night seriously dont help him - he should just let his football do the talking because in my opinion hes pretty good - but theres always a chance he will lose it and like last night he did . he did it to probably one of the nicest guys in football aswell

Your previous post says there is no place for a bad attitude in any team. Then in your next post you advocate signing Barton.

Well done, an amazing contradiction

Agree it doesn't make him a bad player. But a football club should have some ethics and standards.

There are plenty of other footballers to choose from. Sam has worked hard to shed our image of the bully boys under Hughes - signing Barton would be a big step backwards.

I said when I first saw Carroll at Ewood two years ago that we could do with him. I still think that we should have gone in for him when the mags were relegated but it seems that he's a thug now as well. I bet we'd well out of the running finacially if he came on the market now though. These players need careful, strong and experienced management. Rooneys been trouble, Gazza was touble too. But have em at Ewood in their pomp? You bet! If they want to descend to the gutter when they pack up thats up to them.

Hughton went down a little in my estimation last night. He really should have subbed him the minute he saw that he'd pulled the pin out.

Seen the Yahoo highlights. Nice takes foor our two goals- don't think we should have had a handball pen though. What is the idea of giving Caroll an unmarked run at a free kick unless it is a way of paying homage to the way Arsenal conceded a near identical goal just four days ago?

Really like Sam's interview on the BBC match report.

And St James was only 76% full- passionate Geordies???

I've been to St James's a couple of time and on both occasions I found this 'passionate Geordies' tag to be a right load of tosh. Only sing when they're winning and I'd say it's probably only a hardcore of about 5,000 that really make any noise.

I'd say a good 80% of their crowds only turn up because they think they're expected to.

Your previous post says there is no place for a bad attitude in any team. Then in your next post you advocate signing Barton.

Well done, an amazing contradiction

Before you get sassy give me your definition of what constitutes a bad attitude. It's a complex and wide subject.

Roberts attitude is of self centred and shows that he thinks he is too good for the team and the manager. Bartons a team player but a whip top. Completely different.

In fact it's 11/11 Armistice Day. So in deference to that awful business in the trenches I'd imagine that Barton would have gone over the top with the rest and been shot dead whilst Roberts would have refused to go over the top and been shot dead by a bullet from the pistol of an officer.

Same but different. :wacko:

In fact it's 11/11 Armistice Day. So in deference to that awful business in the trenches I'd imagine that Barton would have gone over the top with the rest and been shot dead whilst Roberts would have refused to go over the top and been shot dead by a bullet from the pistol of an officer.

Same but different. :wacko:

Good god Gordon, you are tasteless and completely lacking in class.

I've been to St James's a couple of time and on both occasions I found this 'passionate Geordies' tag to be a right load of tosh. Only sing when they're winning and I'd say it's probably only a hardcore of about 5,000 that really make any noise.

I'd say a good 80% of their crowds only turn up because they think they're expected to.

You can say exactly the same for Anfield, but unfortunately we have a media in this country that uses stereotypes and not facts when describing football supporters.

Newcastle- passionate

LFC- knowledgeable, patient, passionate

Tottenham- demand football 'played the right way'

Stoke- loud

Fulham- docile.

etc

All rollocks, there are elements of the above traits in all fanbases, but try changing these perceptions.

You can say exactly the same for Anfield, but unfortunately we have a media in this country that uses stereotypes and not facts when describing football supporters.

Newcastle- passionate

LFC- knowledgeable, patient, passionate

Tottenham- demand football 'played the right way'

Stoke- loud

Fulham- docile.

etc

All rollocks, there are elements of the above traits in all fanbases, but try changing these perceptions.

How many did we take up there last night?

Archived