BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle v Rovers

jodrell

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win. Good tactics from Big Sam. The 3-5-2 worked today. Newcastle should have had 2 players send off. Big Sam surprise everybody with his tactics and team selection today. Very good 3 points and up to 13th place now and 2 point off 5th place and 4 points off the bottom 3.

WELL DONE ROVERS!!! BIG SAM BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!! :rover::D:D

Yes. And Tony Parkes was manager.

Yes I was referring to League and not Cup games.

We had depressingly long runs without wins at Old Trafford and Elland Road but we set those records to rights in recent seasons.

The daftest winless ground is actually Kenilworth Road Luton where we have never won in something like 30 League visits but of course we notched a 4-0 win there on Samba's debut which was an FA Cup game.

How can we be so predictable!!???

There is a problem, at the start of the second half. Is it normally Samba that doesn't switch on immediately?

Hoilett should never play for this club again. Unforgivable.

Over reaction. He is young and dumb, and thinks he's a top drawer striker. He'll figure it out someday. In the meantime, he gives us bags of pace.

Barton's a ####.

Always has been, always will be. Which is why he shouldn't be on the pitch, let alone near this club (as has been discussed over the summer).

Jesus, what the hell man. Does Sam say, right guys, lets give them a goal to make it interesting 2nd half?

I doubt it. I suspect that one or two players like the break, and are slow to get back into the game. It is a consistent problem.

judging from the commentery it's either a poor match or this 365 commentary is alot worse than it seems.

It's been an excellent match, so the commentary sucks.

2-1 Roberts!!!!

If I'd been treated the way Roberts has I'd be gestering at the bench as well.

Nah, stay angry Jase, keep scoring!

He can sulk all he wants if he notches!

I think Sam is a master manipulator. I wouldn't put it past him to get Roberts in a ###### off mood, as he appears to play better when he's angry and doesn't have time to think.

Colocini should be off, you can't raise your hands to someone's face.

Yes. Newcastle is lucky not to have seen multiple reds. And they say Rovers is a physical side. :wacko:

[quote name='SouthAussieRover' date='10 November 2010 - 22:09 PM' timestamp='1289426951' post='974780')

Up yours to some of the earlier posters on this thread with your negative comments and predictions.

:brfcsmilie::rover:

I agree with you SAR. Don't get why people are always negative on here. I said we would win before the game at work today and i'm glad we did. Some rovers work mates were saying we would lose 3 or 4 nil. And I said we wouldn't. prove who was right!!!

Rovers match highlights on Sky sports 2 now, we are match 7 on interactive. What a good finish by Pedersen!!!

Just got back from the game. St. James' Park was dead as usual apart from the Rovers supporters.

Great performance. Solid at the back, apart from switching off for their goal. Great finish and awareness from MGP for the first goal and Jason turned into Drogba for a moment for the second goal.

I think Newcastle only hit the target twice and scored from one of those.

Work is going to be a good place to be tomorrow.

Just got back from the game. St. James' Park was dead as usual apart from the Rovers supporters.

Great performance. Solid at the back, apart from switching off for their goal. Great finish and awareness from MGP for the first goal and Jason turned into Drogba for a moment for the second goal.

I think Newcastle only hit the target twice and scored from one of those.

Work is going to be a good place to be tomorrow.

What was our away support like? How many did we take?

According to the Mail's chart, we are now 13th with only a -1 goal difference. 4 points from 18th and 2 points from 5th. :D

Imagine the result if we beat Tottenham this weekend. :rover:

MGP MOTM today . . .

MGP deserves MOTM today. I see what Sam saw in him. If only we saw more of it.

I agree with you SAR. Don't get why people are always negative on here. I said we would win before the game at work today and i'm glad we did. Some rovers work mates were saying we would lose 3 or 4 nil. And I said we wouldn't. prove who was right!!!

The reason why a lot of us are so pessimistic is because we watch Rovers regularly and judge their performances over a long period of time.

Since Mark Hughes left, a long period of watching the way Rovers play has gradually worn me and others down. So we never expect a worldbeating performance (as in the days of Dalglish, Shearer etc.)

Most performances have been dire. Of course there have been exceptions e.g. Chelsea the other week and a few games towards the end of last season.

Personally, I have never been so downbeat about the Rovers since before Jack Walker's take-over.

The reason why a lot of us are so pessimistic is because we watch Rovers regularly and judge their performances over a long period of time.

Since Mark Hughes left, a long period of watching the way Rovers play has gradually worn me and others down. So we never expect a worldbeating performance (as in the days of Dalglish, Shearer etc.)

Most performances have been dire. Of course there have been exceptions e.g. Chelsea the other week and a few games towards the end of last season.

Personally, I have never been so downbeat about the Rovers since before Jack Walker's take-over.

3 years of no financial backing in the cut throat world of the PL and here we are.

Ps worse than Brian Kidd? Behave!

Jesus..there's just no pleasing some people..What a thoroughly dispiriting response to a great performance AND a great result.

3 years of no financial backing in the cut throat world of the PL and here we are.

Ps worse than Brian Kidd? Behave!

Lack of investment.........agreed

But we had Jack's money. Jack employed Kidd. And we had exciting players such as Dunn, Duff and Janson who brought us back up after relegation.

• Backroom

$55 back for predicting a 2-1 win.

Up yours to some of the earlier posters on this thread with your negative comments and predictions.

:brfcsmilie::rover:

Nice one, we get a great win and you would rather slag off genuine fans who predicted a loss due to our inconsistent form.

Anyway great result and I'm happy to see Chimbonda and especially Junior get some game time, maybe Sam has been getting him to concentrate on his strength before using him more.

Once again Roberts shows us just what Niko doesn't have, Roberts and Benjani can both create chances for themselves, Niko can't.

Well done Sam, suprised us all there.

Archived