BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle v Rovers

jodrell

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you're sounding more and more like someone who isn't a season ticket holder and doesn't go to away games.

Di Santo was in my eyes unfairly criticised last year. Niko the same this year. We don't even create ONE clear cut chance for our strikers most games. Kalinic hasn't played the last 2 games if you hadn't noticed and tonight it isn't like he's missed any chances.

Remember Niko is still our top goalscorer despite the mistakes for the goals.

I am just avoiding condemning a guy who gets very little service. Sky Sports said he played well and it was a surprising sub so I'll go with what they say tonight as neutrals have no bias at all.

If we (pie in the sky dreaming here) had someone like Bentley again Niko would do well, unfortunately this isn't the case. He also had 2 perfect goals disallowed last year against Tottenham and Man U which meant last year looked even more unfair on him.

I'm afraid to tell you that I do both of the things you have outlined.

Di Santo is a million miles away from being Premier League level and so is Kalinic. Their goal tally makes that extremely clear. Kalinic has missed a huge amount of chances that a top quality striker would put away for fun so please do not make me laugh about service. He is one of the most frustrating players I have ever seen. If you go to Ewood as much as you say, surely you have heard the all too familiar shout of 'Get up Niko!!!"

Excellent finish from Roberts!

Proper form player at the moment.

I was going to post to say, even if we were to concede late on, it shouldn't detract from what has been a very good, disciplined performance.

However, we've kept them well at bay - Samba's error aside, they have not threatened and that's down to how well we've been set up and played - and quite possibly nicked all three :tu:

from Yahoo "And it's a goal! For Blackburn! Jason Roberts gets it after battling hard to beat Gutierrez and then Williamson in the air before slotting it through Krul's legs! He refuses to celebrate the goal and just shakes his head looking really angry! Not sure what's going on there - but it's 2-1 to Blackburn!

What I say is, treat em mean and keep em keen ;)

If I'd been treated the way Roberts has I'd be gestering at the bench as well.

The treatment of him at the start of the season was appalling to be fair. Not my favourite player, but no way to treat him.

Archived