BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle v Rovers

jodrell

lower league and foreign

Okay then, he showed enough last year to suggest he is better than a lower league striker :wstu:

Some people on this board seem determined to berate their own players, he hasn't had the best of times so far but his time will come hopefully.

And didn't Balaban play under 10 games for Villa before snapping his leg?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could swear that the purpose of a striker is to score goals.

I'm a teacher. If two of my sixty pupils pass their GCSES this year, I have a feeling very few people will be calling me a good teacher.

Kalinic's main strength is getting pulled off the ball and winning a free kick just over the half way line.

Also, he has had plenty of chances. In the Premier League you are not going to get six clear cut chances a game, you have to take your chances and he doesn't. He is looking more like Di Santo without the skill every day.

We never create anything for him? He would have put away Robert's mis hit last week vs Wigan for sure, but he is usually subject to appalling service.

Can't draw blood out of a stone.

Hang on a minute, where's this thrashing we were supposed to be getting, just because we conceded after HT?

Truth is, aside from Samba's slip-up for their goal, we've been really good and Sam's tactics have been spot-on, whether you like to admit it or not.

I can see us hitting them on the counter late on for all three points...

We never create anything for him? He would have put away Robert's mis hit last week vs Wigan for sure, but he is usually subject to appalling service.

Can't draw blood out of a stone.

You mean the Roberts' miss that won the game? :)

So Newcastle should be down to 9 men?

2112: Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is fuming at referee Michael Jones for not brandishing a red card to Cheik Tiote after the midfielder, already on a booking, flies into another reckless challenge. Nothing doing.

Okay then, he showed enough last year to suggest he is better than a lower league striker :wstu:

Some people on this board seem determined to berate their own players, he hasn't had the best of times so far but his time will come hopefully.

And didn't Balaban play under 10 games for Villa before snapping his leg?

some people seem determined to stick with players simply because they were expensive and are young, but at some point cut your losses when its evident that its unrealised potential and a square peg scenario and get someone who can cut it........even if they are unfashionable and called jason.

You mean the Roberts' miss that won the game? :)

Miss hit I said... shinned it the opposite way he aimed, which thankfully won us the game :P

I would have backed Nelsen to score that one though, although fair enough he was in a decent position. Would have backed Niko to make that run too.

some people seem determined to stick with players simply because they were expensive and are young, but at some point cut your losses when its evident that its unrealised potential and a square peg scenario and get someone who can cut it........even if they are unfashionable and called jason.

Spot on, even though Jason being the best man for the job makes me want to be sick.

I could swear that the purpose of a striker is to score goals.

I'm a teacher. If two of my sixty pupils pass their GCSES this year, I have a feeling very few people will be calling me a good teacher.

Kalinic's main strength is getting pulled off the ball and winning a free kick just over the half way line.

Also, he has had plenty of chances. In the Premier League you are not going to get six clear cut chances a game, you have to take your chances and he doesn't. He is looking more like Di Santo without the skill every day.

And you're sounding more and more like someone who isn't a season ticket holder and doesn't go to away games.

Di Santo was in my eyes unfairly criticised last year. Niko the same this year. We don't even create ONE clear cut chance for our strikers most games. Kalinic hasn't played the last 2 games if you hadn't noticed and tonight it isn't like he's missed any chances.

Remember Niko is still our top goalscorer despite the mistakes for the goals.

I am just avoiding condemning a guy who gets very little service. Sky Sports said he played well and it was a surprising sub so I'll go with what they say tonight as neutrals have no bias at all.

If we (pie in the sky dreaming here) had someone like Bentley again Niko would do well, unfortunately this isn't the case. He also had 2 perfect goals disallowed last year against Tottenham and Man U which meant last year looked even more unfair on him.

Niko might not cut it here, as he doesn't suit the long ball game. JR wouldn't cut it if a team played a less direct approach, as his control is very poor. Hoofing it at Niko is not going to work, same as hoofing it at Owen wouldn't work (not saying Niko is anywhere near what Owen was).

Archived