BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle v Rovers

jodrell

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We now just need to sit back and defend this lead for 75 minutes.....

I assume that's sarcasm because surely that's the last thing we need to do...we always seem to fail at holding leads when sitting back, we should capitalise whilst Newcastle are wobbling.

According to Sky, we have had several really good chances. I think this highlights our need for a goalscoring forward again..

We haven't had many real clear cut chances, mostly long shots and balls into the box causing that shaky defence some problems.

Pedersen mistake almost creates a chance for Nolan. Looks like Nolan has injured himself with the shot.

We haven't had many real clear cut chances, mostly long shots and balls into the box causing that shaky defence some problems.

Pedersen mistake almost creates a chance for Nolan. Looks like Nolan has injured himself with the shot.

Looks like Nolan has injured himself with the shot.

Hope it's nothing Trivial, fat nacker.

In a twist of fate, Paul Gallagher and Jonny Stead have also notched so far tonight???!!!

I can't remember if I posted this earlier, but I'm not surprised if we do end up winning, this season is going to be completely unpredictable as anyone can win against anyone. If Spurs can beat Inter 3-1 and then lose 3-0 to Bolton a few days later, then we can conquer Newcastle as well.

HT

Sam's tactics have worked, we have nullified the threat from Nolan with Jones and Samba so far has outplayed Carroll. In terms of attacking we have had a few chances, nothing really clear cut though. Hoilett has imo been a breath of fresh air, running at their defence with pace and control.

Pedersen's goal was a good finish and took advantage when Newcastle were caught in possession, his overall play though hasn't been great. He almost cost us when he was caught in possession and Nolan's snapshot went wide.

Still only one goal in it though and Newcastle will try and adapt to Sam's tactics. I expect Carroll to drop deeper if he can't compete with Samba, the main problem is that will put him in contact with Jones who is already on a yellow card.

Overall we have been the better side (don't think Robbo has made a save yet?) but with there being only one goal in it the result could still go either way.

What a really good performance this is considering it's away from home.

We're building attacks rather than just hoofing it, and Kalinic is well supported in whatever system this is. Hoilett has been excellent so far, as has Chimbonda (shame he has no left foot!).

Archived