SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle v Rovers

jodrell

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is:

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Chimbonda, Emerton, Jones, Pedersen, Hoilett, Kalinic.

Subs: Bunn (GK), Dunn, EH Diouf, Goulon, Roberts, Hanley, MB Diouf.

I wasn't expecting that many changes...

Looks like a 5-3-2 in defence and 3-5-2 in attack?

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet Chimbonda

Emerton Jones Pedersen

Hoilett Kalinic

The lineup doesn't look too bad. Hoilett and Kalinic as a partnership worked in some of the cup games last season.

So either 3-5-2 or Salgado (or Chimbonda) in midfield.

Or he's parking 6 5 defenders in front of the goal. :P

Looks like a 5-3-2 in defence and 3-5-2 in attack?

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet Chimbonda

Emerton Jones Pedersen

Hoilett Kalinic

The lineup doesn't look too bad. Hoilett and Kalinic as a partnership worked in some of the cup games last season.

I agree. It looks like a line up that might get something, considering the injuries. Quietly optimistic. :rover:

Robinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Jones

Chimbonda Pedersen Emerton

Hoilett

Kalinic

Is how I see it.

I do hope it's not 3-5-2. That's suicide in this league.

Would agree with your theory - though possible Emerton on right rather than left.

3 at the back would be unwise given they play with two big blokes up front - and as you have Jones just in front of the defence to mark Nolan.

I'll give Sam his due - never saw Kalanic, Chimbonda or Hoilett starting - sure this line up will catch Houghton unawares.

Big chance for Hoilett to prove himself here.

His chance to shine. I wonder if he'll actually cross or pass the ball as opposed to go it alone? He does too much of that, last I saw him play.

I just signed up for Fox Soccer TV (http://www.beta.foxsoccer.tv/page/Home) so I can watch the match. I love modern technology. :)

Wow, bizarre lineup!

Um, could even be:-

---------------------Robinson

---------Nelsen----Samba-----Givet

Salgado------------------------------Chimbonda

-------------Emerton--------Jones

----------------------Pedersen

-------------Kalinic----------Hoilett

Although that's probably too attacking. I would say Exiled Rover's lineup is correct, perhaps with Chimbonda and Salgado swapped round.

It's going to be a 3-5-2/5-3-2 according to Five Live.

Well if they are right it is probably the one I put down above.

Big gamble for Sam. Lets see what Kali can do in a partnership. Surprised Mame Diouf doesn't get a crack - Hoilett's performance in reserves must be turning heads.

ps. Goulon's got a great chance of getting some minutes today seeing how the bench is. Where does Hanley play? Is he the CB who was in the ressies last year with Jones?

Archived