BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle v Rovers

jodrell

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh geez, I opened up a stream SUPPOSEDLY showing the game and instead it was a black & white war documentary. Unbelievable.

Is that another name for Newcastle United?

Anyway, great first-half performance. Good to see Hoilett taking his chance and beating his man. Let's keep it up in the second half and hope another chance comes to give us some breathing space. One clean sheet in 12 doesn't inspire me with any confidence for a 1-0 win.

pedersen may have scored BUT,his set pieces are still woeful but that ain't stopping the damn commentator saying "wand of a left foot" every time he fluffs one

starting to wind me up a bit

Peds got heavily criticised on Saturday but he was at the centre of most of our key moments in that game and it appears the same is happening again now.

If he has a few woeful set pieces but makes the key contributions he's been making of late then he's more than justifying his inclusion in the side.

What a really good performance this is considering it's away from home.

We're building attacks rather than just hoofing it, and Kalinic is well supported in whatever system this is. Hoilett has been excellent so far, as has Chimbonda (shame he has no left foot!).

I have to say, it's really good to see players that aren't regularly in the starting line-up, come in and really fight for their place. We saw Benjani come in and score, then we saw Roberts come in and score, now apparently we have Chimbonda and Hoilett putting in a decent shift. Might have something to do with new owners coming in though?

Good first half.

Kalinic is getting a lot more support but I still dread it when he gets the ball in space. He just doesn't seem to know what to do. Wouldn't be suprised to see Roberts or M Diouf second half.

Hoilett has been impressive. Pedersen apart from the goal has been terrible! I'll forgive him though...

3 at the back is a clever tactical move which has worked extremely well. Kudos to Sam (so far....!)

Looking good after the first half. Pressing the ball well and giving newcastle no time on the ball. I'm a bit worried about this ref though, pretty sure someone is gonna be given their marching orders this half. Wish I was there tonight shame its on a wednesday night. Remember last time when we were battered all game only for matty to pinch it at the end. Great memories.

Really good first half - cancelled out their threat, countered well (David Hoilett has been fantastic) and played some nice football too.

Wingbacks working superbly.

Fantastic tactics on this occasion :tu:

Let's see if we can do it in the second half, once the opposition have made their changes...

Archived