BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Away Tickets

AndyNeil

As per usual after a Rovers defeat, you have been very prolific on here since the final whistle with gleeful barbs aimed at the manager yet when Rovers win you offer only grudging praise and then slink back into the primeval slime which you inhabit. Strange kind of supporter who enjoys his team losing.

Yawn. Give it a rest Jim FFS.

I've said it to you before, but your senility is getting the better of you once again. For the record, and in simple English - and please try to remember then you don't have to bore me and everyone else with your repetitive tripe again (at least not on this board - no doubt you'll continue on ICBINF):

I never enjoy Rovers losing. Plain enough?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen it again - a few times

Roberts was clear of BOTH defenders, therefore it has to be classed as a 'professional foul' and therefore a red card.

Mark Davies could also have gone for a straight red with his nasty foul in the 1st half.

Theres no such thing Hughesy as a professional foul when it comes to applying the Laws of the game from the referee.

What you should be saying is, did Night deny a goal scroring opportunity, unfortunately, Cahill was so close to the incident that you couldnt say Roberts would have scored, so the yellow card was issued and not the red card a correct decision from the referee who had I might say a very good game.

Theres no such thing Hughesy as a professional foul when it comes to applying the Laws of the game from the referee.

What you should be saying is, did Night deny a goal scroring opportunity, unfortunately, Cahill was so close to the incident that you couldnt say Roberts would have scored, so the yellow card was issued and not the red card a correct decision from the referee who had I might say a very good game.

Even if Cahill hadn't been there you couldn't say Roberts would have scored.

Didn't seem like it at the time. Frequent ironic cheers when he awarded us free kicks seems to indicate I wasn't the only one who thought he was a bit one sided.

I think the crowd felt generally that every 50/50 went their way. He got nothing really wrong apart from possibly that handball decision but he wasn't very even-handed over the 50/50s which meant that they got a lot more out of him than we did.

People shouting for pens, under the current rules we should have had at least one - perhaps two - penalties. But we must not forget that Bolton also had a goal disallowed for nothing. Petrov's goal should have stood.

We'll just have to take your word for it. Ignored and lying on the MoTD cutting room floor. Either they really hold an undeniable agenda against Northern clubs or the editor responsible is a woman.

I hoped we might see an improvement now some old producer / editor / whatever has retired. Maybe it'll take more time.

I think the crowd felt generally that every 50/50 went their way. He got nothing really wrong apart from possibly that handball decision but he wasn't very even-handed over the 50/50s which meant that they got a lot more out of him than we did.

See in the Bolton end we felt that you got the best of the decisions and most of the 50-50s.

As usual Davies got nothing off Clattenberg but it seemed as though Roberts could back into defenders as much as he liked!

I think on the major decisions he got them right. There is no way on this earth that Knights handball could be considered "deliberate", yes I've seen them given but it by the rules it shouldn't be.

The Knight tackle I think Cahills presence saved him from a red and again I've seen them sent off from those situations but Roberts had knocked the ball wider and Cahill was covering so probably not a "clear goalscoring" opporunity.

Mark Davies sending off was fair enough although I still think the second booking was a little harsh.

Overall I don't think Clattenberg is a very good referee!

See in the Bolton end we felt that you got the best of the decisions and most of the 50-50s.

As usual Davies got nothing off Clattenberg but it seemed as though Roberts could back into defenders as much as he liked!

I think on the major decisions he got them right. There is no way on this earth that Knights handball could be considered "deliberate", yes I've seen them given but it by the rules it shouldn't be.

The Knight tackle I think Cahills presence saved him from a red and again I've seen them sent off from those situations but Roberts had knocked the ball wider and Cahill was covering so probably not a "clear goalscoring" opporunity.

Mark Davies sending off was fair enough although I still think the second booking was a little harsh.

So you agree that a handball could have been given.. And that a separate penalty decision could have been given.. And that the sending off against your team was fair.. Yet think we had been given all of the decisions?

You've just stated that Blackburn could have had two game changing decisions, and agreed that the other major decision was fair. I'd say from your summary the Bolton end has a very low level of intelligence about football!

So you agree that a handball could have been given.. And that a separate penalty decision could have been given.. And that the sending off against your team was fair.. Yet think we had been given all of the decisions?

You've just stated that Blackburn could have had two game changing decisions, and agreed that the other major decision was fair. I'd say from your summary the Bolton end has a very low level of intelligence about football!

Come on, I think its clear what he meant. The ref made the right calls on the big issues but on another day they could have, incorrectly gone our way.

However you view the referee's performance, he wasnt the reason for why we lost.

They definitely win in the Debt table. :o

That lot o'er t'hills should be very very worried about their future. imo They will almost certainly have to sell Cahill in Jan, and they need to get something for Elmander too if he will go. Come May he is on a free to the highest wage bidder.

With no money to bring in new players where will that leave them do you think?

Only if you read the National newspapers. Eddie Davies, their version of Jack Walker, has 80 or 90% of the debt to him personally and has said he's in no hurry to reclaim the debt.

Unlike ManU, City, Rovers, Chelsea plus others who have just got to hope their financial backers don't get bored with their new teams and pull the plug. At least Eddie Davies is a supporter much the same way as Jack was.

Am I the only one who worries that the Chicked killers will do a runner without putting too much in?

The thing that annoys me is that if Samba get tangled with a striker, he gets a red...when its Roberts it doesnt matter they just get a yellow. Sorry but its inconsistent refs for me. I dont care whether Cahill could catch him or not, FACT is that both defenders were still behind Roberts with only 20 yards from goal.

MickyD - I could be wrong but isnt Eddie Davies only worth about £200m or so anyway?! If so £90m debt is huge!!

Having just seen the highlights again on Sky I would say their disallowed "goal" could have very easily stood, overhead kicks our not outlawed in the game so while some are allowed and some are not Bolton may feel a tad hard done to. More worryingly that whole chance came from a throw into the box and a free header flicked on to Holden, I think there were 3 opposition players in the box who all got a touch on the ball.

Seen the Knight incident again, Cahill the "covering" defender was behind Roberts so still would have had to make a pretty risky tackle from behind to stop Roberts getting into the box, the thing that probably chokes most Rovers fans is that Knight seemed to make a pretty calculated decision that Roberts was going no further and just took him out, as I say I still think removing the Knight tackle Cahill would have had to make a very risky challenge, more than likely in the box.

The first goal, Muamba is not tracked by M.Diouf but this can be eradicated if Nelson gets a better defensive header to clear away, its a poor header in fact very poor, maybe Morten could have closed Muamba quicker than Nelson too.

The second goal, well its just disgraceful (I don't use that word lightly). We didn't celebrate the goal as we felt we should push on for a winner, I agree with that so a big punt comes up pitch to Davies who to be fair gave Nelson a torrid time, with 4 defenders having the time to watch the ball travel from right back to centre forward you would hope the strongest player in the air (Samba) would have helped Nelson out and challenged Davies too but this didn't happen they watched and watched as the ball dropped to Holden. People say no midfielder tracked him, I wanted the midfield to stay up for our next attack as surely those 4 players between them would have cleared up the attack. I watched the goal between my fingers as it was so cringeworthy from our point of view!

The thing that annoys me is that if Samba get tangled with a striker, he gets a red...when its Roberts it doesnt matter they just get a yellow. Sorry but its inconsistent refs for me. I dont care whether Cahill could catch him or not, FACT is that both defenders were still behind Roberts with only 20 yards from goal.

MickyD - I could be wrong but isnt Eddie Davies only worth about £200m or so anyway?! If so £90m debt is huge!!

Roberts last touch took him slightly away from goal and both Cahill and Knight were close enough to make a tackle. Roberts may have been an inch ahead but that was all. If Cahill hadnt been on the scene then you're dead right, but he was. 'I dont care whether Cahill could catch him or not' - catch? Im pretty sure he was virtually next to Roberts when Knight tackled. Never a red. Correct decision.

Plus, as correctly mentioned above, they had a perfectly good goal chalked off for no reason. That there was the biggest mistake the referee made so I wouldnt say they got away with much yesterday.

Hughesy, take your blue tinted specs off mate, the foul on Roberts was never ever going to be a red card. There was another defender there so Roberts wasn't clean through and Knight wasnt the last man. It was the correct decision.

It was a sending off without question. He was blatantly fouled from the back by Knight when his stride pattern and body shape illustrated that he was just about to shoot (or scuff :rolleyes: ). Cahill(?) had no chance of either getting to him nor getting inbetween him and the target. Basically a clear goalscoring opportunity (a shot on goal) was denied by a foul from behind. There really was no other decision to be made Ricky.

Seen the Knight incident again, Cahill the "covering" defender was behind Roberts so still would have had to make a pretty risky tackle from behind to stop Roberts getting into the box, the thing that probably chokes most Rovers fans is that Knight seemed to make a pretty calculated decision that Roberts was going no further and just took him out, as I say I still think removing the Knight tackle Cahill would have had to make a very risky challenge, more than likely in the box.

Spot on

Il remind everyone about the arguement next time Samba gets a red & we get punished for exactly the same scenario...because you can gaurantee it will happen!

After yesterday id like to see Jones start partnering Samba in the centre of defence more now.

Mark Davies could also have gone for a straight red with his nasty foul in the 1st half.

His elbow on Jones was much more a straight red imo. Interestingly the Bolton fans around me were angry at him and calling him a thug, it seems he must do such stuff regularly.

Odd how the numties in the cheap seats roundly booed Jones after that for the crime of being elbowed in the back of the neck. Football does attract some thicko's doesn't it.

Spot on

Il remind everyone about the arguement next time Samba gets a red & we get punished for exactly the same scenario...because you can gaurantee it will happen!

After yesterday id like to see Jones start partnering Samba in the centre of defence more now.

When Samba scythes down a forward when he's in on goal without any covering defenders its a red. When Knight fouls Roberts (cynically) but has another defender beside him who could have made a tackle afterwards, its a yellow. Roberts wasnt away from either of the defenders and Cahill was close enoungh to make a tackle.

I hate sticking up for an opposition player, but I cant stand the persecution complex some Rovers fans suffer when decisions dont go our way. As has been mentioned, the biggest mistake by the ref was disallowing the Bolton goal. There was nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

I think what I'm saying is that probably both sides got a fair deal (by accident rather than design), but as supporters usually do, both sides feel hard done by it.

The comments about "if Samba had done it, he'd be sent off" are exactly what Bolton fans say in similar situations, in fact I heard it yesterday (Jones got away with a foul having been booked and all our fans were going on about how Davies was sent off for less). Overall fans always think they're team gets the roughest deal.

When in reality its usually that the ref is equally bad for both sides. Clattenberg let the game get out of hand at times yesterday!

Really? Well Davies got the free kick off Clattenburg for the first goal. He simply stood there and raised his arms and fooled Clattenburg into blowing up. Never a foul in a million years .... just a good old fashioned Sam tactic to win free kicks in the opponents half when down to 10 men. As soon as Davies was sent off you left Coyle mode and reverted directly to Allardyce mode. Is your memory so poor?

btw you lot gave the MoM to the wrong man. Davies scammed that free kick, he cleared a certain goal off the line and he set up the winner to perfection. Robinson had a good game without a doubt but Davies was the difference between three points and none.

Archived