BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Away Tickets

AndyNeil

i think nzogbia is a great player and would be a great addition and then sam can drop eh diouf who for me gets worse every game.

EHD has had two below par performances since he was being widely praised on here. N'Zogia's a good player without a doubt but what would your opinion be should he have two poor games?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly you're forgetting how bad Bolton had been under Megson before Coyle took over.

Comparing like for like there.

If my auntie had ###### and all that but comparisons are difficult. I don't rem Bolton getting rid of 4 top players in a fire sale just before he took over. How do you think we'd have fared under SA if he'd had the services of Bentley, RSC, Warnock and Freidel to call on?

Warnock - good player.

RSC - was injury prone, moody and hardly played that second season.

Derbyshire - never good enough at Prem level, and Roberts is a better super-sub.

I've given Sam credit before for blooding youngsters, and as well as Hughes did he was very reluctant to use youth.

When you look through Allardyce's buys, only 3 are at present first team regulars; Salgado (done well although time is against him), Givet (good player but seems to be prone to increasing lapses of concentration - is that because he's out of his natural position?) and Diouf (who's done well this season although can still phone one in like today). Of the others:

N'Zonzi - looks OK but nowhere near the finished article

Linganzi - as above

Niko - Sam appears to have written that £6m off

Benjani - not good enough

Chimbonda - as good as sacked

Goulon - unproven

M Diouf - on loan, decent player

Di Santo - not good enough

Van Heerden - not good enough

Basturk - not good enough

I may have missed a couple, and granted some are frees, but looking at that do you think that's £15m wisely spent? I'm not sure tbh ....

Kalinic- 6 million

Givet- 4 million

Diouf- 1 million

Chimbonda- 1.5 million

That's 12.5 million the rest make up 2.5 million. Nzonzi is our Current player of the year and cost 400k, he has been injured but obviously has been a massive success, the others have been a result of a policy of being given little to no money, Lets see what happens if Sam is backed, we would have had Guti and Raul playing for us and they would have done brilliantly but sam was not backed.

Nicko is right about Davies, I know he was rubbish for you guys but he's reinvented himself here and he's the best centre forward/target man I've ever seen.

He is immense and a nice bloke to boot.

I have recurring nightmares of what we'll do when he retires. For us it doesn't bear thinking about!

Lets see what happens if Sam is backed, we would have had Guti and Raul playing for us and they would have done brilliantly but sam was not backed.

Sam was backed at Newcastle and blew the budget, spectacularly, lets hope history doesn’t repeat itself, as we may not get another chance.

a good game, should of been a draw, however we need someone who can score between 10-15 goals a season.

The only thing that Big Sam has done wrong is to buy a forward for 6 mil who cannot play the system that big Sam plays ie the lone striker.

We need some one like roberts but who can score.

Going to get some hammer om tuesday for a bolton fan. still roll on the next game

One other point, for me Hoilett has to start the next game, he wasn't on for long enough today but ran at people and got a couple of good tackles in as well.

Something is wrong if he can't get a game.

Impact player as yet. That said imo he should have come on as a straight swap for Olsson.

btw I think the tactics were good today for an away fixture. We started with an uncompromising and experienced team selection but with plenty of attacking talent on the bench. But for bad defending on our part and a string of last ditch defending by Bolton we'd be 7th.

Kalinic- 6 million

Givet- 4 million

Diouf- 1 million

Chimbonda- 1.5 million

That's 12.5 million the rest make up 2.5 million. Nzonzi is our Current player of the year and cost 400k, he has been injured but obviously has been a massive success, the others have been a result of a policy of being given little to no money, Lets see what happens if Sam is backed, we would have had Guti and Raul playing for us and they would have done brilliantly but sam was not backed.

Out of interest, how are Raul and Guti doing now?

In response to Raul and Guti, Theno made a fantastic post the other day saying how the league position wouldn't have improved massively, so the wages wouldn't have covered the extra income - perhaps making it a bad move overall

Sam was backed at Newcastle and blew the budget, spectacularly, lets hope history doesn’t repeat itself, as we may not get another chance.

Wasnt really backed tbh. Mike Ashley takeover meant that He miss out on his top targets and had to settle for second rate targets. Enquire was signed before the takeover. He wanted Distin but miss out on him due to the takeover.

Big Sam signings at Newcastle were Enquire(still there), Barton(still there), Smith(still there), Beye(good signing played most games before the went down, move to Villa), Cacapa(poor signing), David Rozehnal(ok signing), Viduka(ok signing but couldn't keep fit)

Big Sam was going to sign Modric before Newcastle sacked him

http://www.tribalfootball.com/blackburn-boss-allardyce-spurs-star-modric-should-have-been-newcastle-signing-825961

Wasn't newcastle 10th when they sacked him, best start to a season since Bobby Robson last full season in charge!

And now I remember why I used to have you on ignore. Because you clearly know absolutely nothing about football. I still laugh about the classic "playing the long ball is much harder than playing like Barcelona". :lol:

Coyle could have changed Elmander or Davies for Muamba, and defended but chose to keep two strikers on. I (and anyone who knows about football) would call that pretty positive under the circumstances. He could have stuck Davies up on his own, had two solid, rigid banks of 4 behind him but kept a fairly fluid, positive system - again, under the circumstances I would call that pretty positive.

Now imagine that Sam was in charge of Bolton. Elmander would have been off, Davies would have been up front 50 yards from his teammates, and would have had to deal with the odd defensive clearance that fell in his direction. The midfield would not have crossed the halfway line unless Davies won a freekick.

Sam did go 4-4-2 which was positive from our perspective, but he thought that Coyle would react as he would have and was simply outfoxed IMO.

5 shots on target each when all's said and done. However, we lost 2-1 .... that's the only stat that matters.

Unbelievably stupid.

Davies was a disappointment when he came. A huge one. It is to his eternal credit that he has turned into the player =- and person - that he is today.

Did he not have a serious illness during his time at Rovers, which hampered things quite a bit

Won? ;)

Kept his team on the front foot, pushing forward, and looking for the win instead of trying to play for the 0-0. Fortune favours the brave ....

If you are saying that Rovers did not play to win, you obviously did not watch the game. Look at all the stats from the BBC to sky etc. Rovers dominated and had more chances than Bolton. Those stats do not lie. But Rovers went to sleep, lost concentration after scoring themselves - that lost the game. Nothing else.

If you are saying that Rovers did not play to win, you obviously did not watch the game. Look at all the stats from the BBC to sky etc. Rovers dominated and had more chances than Bolton. Those stats do not lie. But Rovers went to sleep, lost concentration after scoring themselves - that lost the game. Nothing else.

I didn't say that - you've taken my post out of context. Of course Rovers went for it, but I also think Coyle didn't do what Allardyce expected him to do which was sit back and defend. He could have shut up shop and defended for a 0-0 but he also tried to attack as much as being a man down would allow, went for the win and I think he got the upper hand in that little battle.

The bottom line is that you should have got something from the game, but the totally under-rated Kevin Davies proved what a top striker he is. Anybody want to critise him now? His contribution in the last half hour was awesome.

You can't blame Sam for that. Decent decisions, correct tactics.

Davies made the difference because he can play a defence virtually on his own. Awesome player.

Not underrated by people who are not irrationally prejudiced and who understand the game. Davies contribution to Boltons cause has been immense. A Sam Allardyce signing that Garside appears to have forgotten. Coyle is fortunate indeed to have him.

btw Alan.... hows 'Coyley' getting on with his chairman or can/dare you not comment? I've a feeling relations might become a little frosty after January.

I think we lost our concentration after Bolton scoring their first too, it took us a long time to re-take a firm grip of the game. Their second was a string of schoolboy mistakes, so many of our players were ball watching and Nelsen got beaten fair and square against Davies - he's not the first to come out on the losing end of a challenge against that man. Not managing to take Holden out was extremely poor, he was the only Bolton player other than Davies in our half.

I would have been happy with one point considering the way we played today.

Not underrated by people who are not irrationally prejudiced and who understand the game. Davies contribution to Boltons cause has been immense. A Sam Allardyce signing that Garside appears to have forgotten. Coyle is fortunate indeed to have him

btw Alan.... hows 'Coyley' getting on with his chairman or can/dare you not comment? I've a feeling relations might become a little frosty after January.

Sam did brilliantly to sign Davies. However I would say that he has had the best 12 months of his career since Coyley came in. He now gets more varied service and a partner to play beside [most of the time].

There is absolutely no problem between manager and chairman. The debt story is balls - the money is owed to the owner who is as happy as a piggy in sh1t.

Currently there are plans to bring in two players in January - maybe a third.

And no chickens need to be slaughtered in the process either.

.......What concerns me most about today was that they had us on the rack several times and scored twice when they had a man less. The onus was on us to attack and we looked a bit clueless.

ONE WORD.... TUGAY.

And don't give it the big one about "being there" or harp on about people being critical of the manager - everyone remembers your little non-attending bitch-strop when Ince was here. :P

I WAS RIGHT THEN, YOU ARE WRONG NOW. IRREFUTABLE AND INDISPUTABLE.

btw sorry to sound like Jim. ^_^

Guess we'll see - have Venky's come out and offered their full, unwavering support of Sam yet?

Who cares? Be honest wtf do they know?

Sam did brilliantly to sign Davies. However I would say that he has had the best 12 months of his career since Coyley came in.

Your love affair with Mr Coyle and all things Notlob appears to be getting deeper.

Is the love being requited ?

Calmed down a bit now, days like today make you hate football or love it when your on the other end of it.

I still maintain Sam got a couple of things wrong, I said straight away they went to ten we shoul throw ollson on to stretch them and still believe it was what we should have done.I think people are being overharsh singling out Givet he got some great tackles in, Nelsen was the problem at the back. I also thought Jones was poor, apart from a couple of nice balls his passing was poor.

On to next week and a bit of a bogey team.

:rock: Do you mean Hoillett?

Your love affair with Mr Coyle and all things Notlob appears to be getting deeper.

Is the love being requited ?

So people are in love with others because they speak the truth?

Get real mate.

P.s. No, I'm not in love with Nicko, nor am I a "nicko-teen"

Archived