BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Away Tickets

AndyNeil

• Backroom

Calmed down a bit now, days like today make you hate football or love it when your on the other end of it.

I still maintain Sam got a couple of things wrong, I said straight away they went to ten we shoul throw ollson on to stretch them and still believe it was what we should have done.

I think people are being overharsh singling out Givet he got some great tackles in, Nelsen was the problem at the back. I also thought Jones was poor, apart from a couple of nice balls his passing was poor.

On to next week and a bit of a bogey team.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget the past - I bet Bolton finish above us this season.

They definitely win in the Debt table. :o

That lot o'er t'hills should be very very worried about their future. imo They will almost certainly have to sell Cahill in Jan, and they need to get something for Elmander too if he will go. Come May he is on a free to the highest wage bidder.

With no money to bring in new players where will that leave them do you think?

I'm surprised by how soft we seem in the tackle these days, I know the bully boy title grew abit thin but we seem to really pull out of tackles in our midfield. Also I'm a tad concern with how much time we spend on our arses! Think a few of our stars need to 'man up'!

Don't think I can be too critical of Sam today, terrible defending for both goals but all substitutions were positive and 442 is what everybody would have wanted. If I'm being honest I thought we looked good at 451 and I thought a goal was imminent. We seemed to slow down at 442 but against 10 men I thought the formation change was correct, just wasn't to be today.

Totally under-rated Kevin Davies proved what a top striker he is. Anybody want to critise him now? His contribution in the last half hour was awesome.

As you know Mr Nixon, Davies was bought by us for big money and basically bottled it, then he tried to instigate a move to Sheffield when the going got tough and he couldn’t even manage that.

He’s good at what he does, flick the ball on and fall over on the half way line, but apart from that he’s poor, very poor indeed.

Give me Tony Diamond any day.

They definitely win in the Debt table. :o

That lot o'er t'hills should be very very worried about their future. imo They will almost certainly have to sell Cahill in Jan, and they need to get something for Elmander too if he will go. Come May he is on a free to the highest wage bidder.

With no money to bring in new players where will that leave them do you think?

Good point, that debt is pretty crippling and at least one of them if not both will surely be on their way. Guess we'll see what Coyle's really made of then? Can't knock the job he's done so far in less than 12 months though.

Jones gives 100% but its blatantly obvious to me he is a centre back not a central midfielder.

Not too sure about that. I think Sam see's him as a new Nolan and I wouldn't completely disagree with that, he's a strong lad who can physically dominate the oppoosing players and he has lots of the necessary box to box credentials. Problem is that to play him there we desperately need a new Campo!

Good point, that debt is pretty crippling and at least one of them if not both will surely be on their way. Guess we'll see what Coyle's really made of then? Can't knock the job he's done so far in less than 12 months though.

But you can knock the job that Sam has done in 18 months. Which is better than Coyle with a minus budget...

Not too sure about that. I think Sam see's him as a new Nolan and I wouldn't completely disagree with that, he's a strong lad who can physically dominate the oppoosing players and he has lots of the necessary box to box credentials. Problem is that to play him there we desperately need a new Campo!

Thing is, Nolan chipped in with goals - Jones has never struck me as a goal getter.

Take your last point though, could work - but I see him as a centre half - people were touting him as the new John Terry, no matter how good he turns out at centre midfielder, he will always be a better centre half for me

No, I call for him to go all the time - I'm very consistent in that respect. He did a good job in keeping us up, but I don't like the man (he's nearly as arrogant as you), I don't like his style of football, and I would welcome a change - and crucially I think the right appointment would move us forward. I honestly think he's taken us as far as he can, and investment in Allardyce would not significantly improve us. Better to ensure we've got the right man at the top before throwing money at him.

Now just because you don't agree with me doesn't make you any more or less right than me, does it? Insulting people for not sharing your exact worldview (be it football or politics) - which is something you do almost every time you post - is what I would call childish and pathetic.

I honestly believe that Sam has done a brilliant job on very little money - in Premier League terms. The least he deserves is to be given the opportunity to spend some big money to buy better players. I'm not sure how you ensure you have the right man. Mike Ashley seems to be having a problem finding him at Newcastle with managers being changed on a regular basis and making that club a national laughing stock. I hope the new owners have more backbone than the management at St. James' Park and are prepared to back our present manager. It's very least he deserves after dragging this club from the position it was in under Paul Ince to midtable security.

Today we were let down by a failure to take our chances, some very poor defending and some bad luck. But that's football, it happens. Last week Robinson made a string of excellent saves and we won 3-0. Today he hasn't really had to do anything but pick the ball out of the net twice. I can't say that I thought Bolton played any better than ourselves. Indeed, I thought we outplayed them for long periods. It was ironic that the winning goal came from what some would describe as a long pass, unless it's a Big Sam team and then its a 'hoof it and hope' ball.

On a different note, how rabid was the Chav corner today?

A very one sided rivalry (just like when they play Man Utd).

Haha yeah they looked like they'd just won the league - running at us like they intended to do anything, before (obviously) hitting a line of police.

Pathetic.

Saw a Rovers fan with blood down himself after the game, not sure what went on.

Upset after today though, they were there for the taking!

But you can knock the job that Sam has done in 18 months. Which is better than Coyle with a minus budget...

Sam's been here two years, and has been way more active in the market than Coyle. He's spent £15m - how much has Coyle spent?

And I don't buy the minus budget thing - we got £18m for Roque, but we certainly didn't lose £18m worth of player IMO, not given how much he offered that 2nd season.

I still maintain Sam got a couple of things wrong, I said straight away they went to ten we shoul throw ollson on to stretch them and still believe it was what we should have done.

So one of the things you think Sam got wrong he didnt actually get wrong at all!!

Ollson was on from the start.... so not really sure how sam was supposed to 'throw him on to stretch them'

Warnock- player of the year

RSC- player of the year

Derbyshire- our super sub

Three big players we have lost and spent little to replace, as Drog said it'll be interesting to see what Coyle does when Elmander and Cahill leave and Coyle spends a pittance.

Jones, Hoillett, Hanley, Morris, Olsson, Five youth players who have been given a chance by Sam- that noteworthy of credit?

Sam's been here two years, and has been way more active in the market than Coyle. He's spent £15m - how much has Coyle spent?

And I don't buy the minus budget thing - we got £18m for Roque, but we certainly didn't lose £18m worth of player IMO, not given how much he offered that 2nd season.

The club has been selling top talent for 3 years and to make out Sam hasn't done a good job in very difficult circumstances in a very difficult league is beyond churlish.

As you know Mr Nixon, Davies was bought by us for big money and basically bottled it, then he tried to instigate a move to Sheffield when the going got tough and he couldnt even manage that.

Hes good at what he does, flick the ball on and fall over on the half way line, but apart from that hes poor, very poor indeed.

Give me Tony Diamond any day.

Davies was a disappointment when he came. A huge one. It is to his eternal credit that he has turned into the player =- and person - that he is today.

It's an old football truism that you are never more vulnerable than after scoring a goal and Rovers unfortunately proved it today.

Alot of angst on here over a schoolboys' error but it could easily have been the 1-1 draw we deserved.

Important now that we bounce back in our next match.

Don't think we played badly today, to be honet I thought our performance last week was worse. We just made elementary errors at crucial times, particularly the 2nd Bolton goal and our players do seem to mark space rather than the opposition at times.

However, after today's game I have one question only - Brett Emerton - Why?

Warnock- player of the year

RSC- player of the year

Derbyshire- our super sub

Three big players we have lost and spent little to replace, as Drog said it'll be interesting to see what Coyle does when Elmander and Cahill leave and Coyle spends a pittance.

Jones, Hoillett, Hanley, Morris, Olsson, Five youth players who have been given a chance by Sam- that noteworthy of credit?

Warnock - good player.

RSC - was injury prone, moody and hardly played that second season.

Derbyshire - never good enough at Prem level, and Roberts is a better super-sub.

I've given Sam credit before for blooding youngsters, and as well as Hughes did he was very reluctant to use youth.

When you look through Allardyce's buys, only 3 are at present first team regulars; Salgado (done well although time is against him), Givet (good player but seems to be prone to increasing lapses of concentration - is that because he's out of his natural position?) and Diouf (who's done well this season although can still phone one in like today). Of the others:

N'Zonzi - looks OK but nowhere near the finished article

Linganzi - as above

Niko - Sam appears to have written that £6m off

Benjani - not good enough

Chimbonda - as good as sacked

Goulon - unproven

M Diouf - on loan, decent player

Di Santo - not good enough

Van Heerden - not good enough

Basturk - not good enough

I may have missed a couple, and granted some are frees, but looking at that do you think that's £15m wisely spent? I'm not sure tbh ....

Archived