BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Away Tickets

AndyNeil

I don't like the man, I don't like his style of football, and I would welcome a change - and crucially I think the right appointment would move us forward. I honestly think he's taken us as far as he can, and investment in Allardyce would not significantly improve us. Better to ensure we've got the right man at the top before throwing money at him.

Now just because you don't agree with me doesn't make you any more or less right than me, does it? Insulting people for not sharing your exact worldview (be it football or politics) - which is something you do almost every time you post - is what I would call childish and pathetic.

I didn't throw any insults. You did.

I like Allardyce, and I like the no-nonsense way his teams play. Changing the manager is not guaranteed to "move us forward" and I believe stability is far more important. He hasn't taken "Rovers as far as he can" because he's never had the chance to spend real money on the team. I think he deserves that chance.

These are my views. No doubt you don't agree.

But I repeat, to call for him to be sacked after every goal we concede and every defeat, as you do, is childish and pathetic.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DE4Life wrote:The one time he did break into the box he dived.

You were clearly were watching a different game he almost had Ollsen's shirt of his back that was a clear penalty even the Knight hand ball was clearly a penalty which the referee was oblivious to but even with all of that the main problem for our loss today was concentration at the back everyone knows after you score you are most vulnerable and to concede so close after getting back into the game is so infuriatingand should not happen also don't know if anyone noticed first half we were solid Davies & Elmander were quiet & did well to come in 0-0 at half time after the break it did not seem like the same team the defence were totally tore apart didn't pick up the men and conceded two very sloppy goals Muamba should have been closed down for their first and the 2nd from the kick off & a flick on is especially poor how one long ball completely took our team & defence fell asleepis totally beyond me the substitutions were good ones but I did think instead of bringing on Hoilett we maybe should have brought on Kalinic to try and change it I think after today's debacle it tells us one thing January can't come soon enough a striker & a decent midfielder is desperately needed. Also calling for Sam's head after one bad result is very knee jerk to say the least we are not the Barcodes.

I didn't throw any insults. You did.

I like Allardyce, and I like the no-nonsense way his teams play. Changing the manager is not guaranteed to "move us forward" and I believe stability is far more important. He hasn't taken "Rovers as far as he can" because he's never had the chance to spend real money on the team. I think he deserves that chance.

These are my views. No doubt you don't agree.

But I repeat, to call for him to be sacked after every goal we concede and every defeat, as you do, is childish and pathetic.

You repeat a lot Jim, particularly on ICBINF. ;)

I don't agree with your views on Allardyce; if that's what you believe then fine. Of course there's no guarantee of anything in football, but I think a change would do us good, yet you're happy with the status quo. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Now I would say that calling someone 'pathetic' is pretty much an insult, but hey - let's draw a line under it, and I'll agree to posting my views in a constructive manner if you can do the same.

When all's said and done we both want what's best for Rovers even if our opinions differ on who's best to deliver it.

• Backroom

DE4Life wrote:The one time he did break into the box he dived.

You were clearly were watching a different game he almost had Ollsen's shirt of his back that was a clear penalty

?

Unless we're talking about a totally different incident I saw Olsson's arm tugged outside the box, he was then let go as he got into the box and proceeded to fall over? At most it was a free kick outside the box, and it was still a dive because at the time of Olsson going down he wasn't being touched at all.

?

Unless we're talking about a totally different incident I saw Olsson's arm tugged outside the box, he was then let go as he got into the box and proceeded to fall over? At most it was a free kick outside the box, and it was still a dive because at the time of Olsson going down he wasn't being touched at all.

Have to say that's exactly how I saw it. Never a pen.

And now I remember why I used to have you on ignore. Because you clearly know absolutely nothing about football.

However, we lost 2-1 .... that's the only stat that matters.

Give it a bleedin' rest and stop telling everyone that you're the only one who knows anything about football. Whenever we win, stats don't matter to you, because you still slam the manager.

Trawl back through all your posts today and every other game and you have one agenda, and one agenda only, - Sack Allardyce. Tiresome and irksome.

Give it a bleedin' rest and stop telling everyone that you're the only one who knows anything about football. Whenever we win, stats don't matter to you, because you still slam the manager.

Trawl back through all your posts today and every other game and you have one agenda, and one agenda only, - Sack Allardyce. Tiresome and irksome.

And your script is as dull as it is predictable Den - Rovers win, Sam's a genius. Rovers lose - the players are crap.

And now I remember why I used to have you on ignore. Because you clearly know absolutely nothing about football. I still laugh about the classic "playing the long ball is much harder than playing like Barcelona". :lol:

I provide my views on our team and football in general openly and provide reasons for my views. I have never made blanket statements like "their tactics were superior because they won". Wow really? You must know a lot about football, please tell me more.

I NEVER said playing long ball is harder than playing like Barcelona. I pointed out passing along the ground is NOT harder than passing it successfully in the air and completely disagreed with the notion that long ball is what is played in the schoolyard by kids. I can't believe that point is so hard to put across to anyone that's not seriously thick.

Coyle could have changed Elmander or Davies for Muamba, and defended but chose to keep two strikers on. I (and anyone who knows about football) would call that pretty positive under the circumstances. He could have stuck Davies up on his own, had two solid, rigid banks of 4 behind him but kept a fairly fluid, positive system - again, under the circumstances I would call that pretty positive.

Uhhh Bolton went 4-4-1 after the sending off, what do you think they lined up as or what would you have expected them to do? What the hell is a "fluid, positive system"!? Yes, I would call that pretty positive too because you called it positive, so it clearly can't be negative. Strange that they then scored 2 goals off a set piece and a long ball and we scored ours from open play isn't it?

Now imagine that Sam was in charge of Bolton. Elmander would have been off, Davies would have been up front 50 yards from his teammates, and would have had to deal with the odd defensive clearance that fell in his direction. The midfield would not have crossed the halfway line unless Davies won a freekick.

Wasn't there at least one game in which we improved immensely after a sending off? I can think of two instances, once when Olsson was sent off and the other when Grella was sent off.

Sam did go 4-4-2 which was positive from our perspective, but he thought that Coyle would react as he would have and was simply outfoxed IMO.

Just because we go 4-4-2 doesn't suddenly mean we've gone gung ho. It can be as attacking and defensive as any other standard formation. I'm pretty sure Sam changed to 4-4-2 because there wasn't much point of having 3 central defenders against 1 striker. But you know, you don't need to listen to my views. My knowledge is inferior to yours, oh great Oracle of football. If you say something is true, it must be so!

To be fair to Coyle he has only been at Bolton since last Christmas and in that space of time he's made a far greater impact than Sam has in his two years at Ewood.

Far greater impact Rev?

Saving us from relegation and taking us to a top ten finish along the way. Last Saturday we were 8th after having a negative budget previously and no transfer budget at all in the summer.

Yet Coyle has made a far better impact? What else do you want from Allardyce in the position he has been in financially?

I provide my views on our team and football in general openly and provide reasons for my views. I have never made blanket statements like "their tactics were superior because they won". Wow really? You must know a lot about football, please tell me more.

That was pretty tongue-in-cheek, and I thought the ;) smiley might have been a clue.

I NEVER said playing long ball is harder than playing like Barcelona. I pointed out passing along the ground is NOT harder than passing it successfully in the air and completely disagreed with the notion that long ball is what is played in the schoolyard by kids. I can't believe that point is so hard to put across to anyone that's not seriously thick.

I can't be bothered to dig out your posts, but you *did* try to argue that it was more difficult to play the way Rovers did/do than the way Barca do.

Uhhh Bolton went 4-4-1 after the sending off, what do you think they lined up as or what would you have expected them to do? What the hell is a "fluid, positive system"!? Yes, I would call that pretty positive too because you called it positive, so it clearly can't be negative. Strange that they then scored 2 goals off a set piece and a long ball and we scored ours from open play isn't it?

Fluid, in that it was more like 4-3-2 when they attacked, yet 4-4-1 when defending.

Wasn't there at least one game in which we improved immensely after a sending off? I can think of two instances, once when Olsson was sent off and the other when Grella was sent off.

Which games were they then? I can think of the Villa one but I'm sure we were already 1-0 up when we went down to 10.

Just because we go 4-4-2 doesn't suddenly mean we've gone gung ho. It can be as attacking and defensive as any other standard formation. I'm pretty sure Sam changed to 4-4-2 because there wasn't much point of having 3 central defenders against 1 striker. But you know, you don't need to listen to my views. My knowledge is inferior to yours, oh great Oracle of football. If you say something is true, it must be so!

No, you're right - no point in 3 centre-halves against 1 striker. Except that it wasn't that straightforward as Elmander kept pushing on when Bolton had the ball.

I welcome anyone's views but to come across like a spoilt child (like you did in your initial response) just because you don't agree with someone does you no favours. And no, I'm not right all the time. Just most of it. ;):P

Just got back after watching us dominate Bolton for long periods. Lack of concentration from the restart at 1-1 has cost us.

If that is Owen Coyle's brave new football frontier he can keep it!

'You see a different game on the TV' was never more apt looking at some of the comments on here.

I watched it on TV. We lost that game 3-1. They scored a perfectly good goal immediately after taking the lead. I was glad and relieved when we equalised towards the end but they played route one and regained the lead.

No complaints. Bolton deserved it......... just.

Just got back after watching us dominate Bolton for long periods. Lack of concentration from the restart at 1-1 has cost us.

'You see a different game on the TV' was never more apt looking at some of the comments on here.

I totally agree Matty. Rovers played well, had about 5 shots of the line. M.diouf played well, Pedersen played well, thought Roberts was awful today. Rovers fans were very good and vocal, espically the 20 or so fans with chicken hats on!!!

Instead on moaning on here about rovers these armchair rovers fans, why do you go to the games and support your team???

100% mate,

I totally agree Matty. Rovers played well, had about 5 shots of the line. M.diouf played well, Pedersen played well, thought Roberts was awful today. Rovers fans were very good and vocal, espically the 20 or so fans with chicken hats on!!!

Instead on moaning on here about rovers these armchair rovers fans, why do you go to the games and support your team???

Pedersen was awful today, his deliveries were shocking. Not sure why but he seemed to drift every one of them in instead of whipping them in with pace which he's been doing to great effect recently.

+1 Matty.

Coyle is gaining another "footballing genius" kind of reputation. He gained this at Burnley and is carrying it on now at Bolton. The truth is though, that Burnley played no such kind of football and neither did Bolton today. Bolton's game was based on the high ball to K Davis - as ever 'twas.

Was there at the game today, the biggest factor in our loss was the substituting of the M.O.M for me (in a Rover's shirt) Olsson, this left Givet exposed as usual and this in turn allowed them to score the first goal... As for him having a yellow card so what, he was vital in the role he was playing for us.

I was actually surprised when we scored the equaliser as up till then (and beyond) we never looked like we was going to score in a million years, good to see the Clattenberg Roadshow carries on, he missed a clear handball decision in the penalty area and God knows how many other handballs and dodgy tackles.

I think against West Ham we have to play Olsson on the wing offering support for Givet and get Hoillet / M Diouff on as well, I didn't think our central defence was that bad we just lacked everything in the midfield as usual, Pedersen was not poor but it wasn't his best performance for sure, as for Dunny, he has very little left these days to offer Rover's (pains me to say this)and surely Sam is seeing what we are as well.

This is the 3rd consecutive away game that has highlighted the desperate need for a competent left back. At Spurs and again today Givet went missing and left opponents unmarked well inside the box. And as for the alternatives - we already know how useless they are. Givet should be nothing more than cover for the left side full back or centre back. Unlikely to win away with such ineptitude on that side of the defence.

That's because Coyle's a good manager.

Is he? Odd then that when Davies was sent off they were huffing and puffing and they then simply reverted to pre Coyle type and played massive hoofball. They looked miles more effective, put us under pressure and scored two typical long ball goals. Yet you and others are praising their football. Don't argue either cause I was there, sat high up on the halfway line and not watching through the bottom of a beer glass.

You and others need to simmer down and put your brains into gear before you make yourselves look ever more stupid and ignorant of football basics.

As Mark said- get rid of Sam... he should be blamed for the individual mistakes made by the defenders today, he should be blamed for his substitutions/ even though they were all positive ones... There were others like the weather and the fact that recession is still here that Sam is to blame for but I thought I'd save that til next week.

You've forgotten his part in raising tuition fees, trashing Prince Charles car and voting Cher out of X Factor imy. :rolleyes:

Archived