BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Away Tickets

AndyNeil

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful management, awful execition today, terrible.

If we get sucked into trouble this year you can look back on today

So changing to 4-4-2 to try and win the game was awful? Or that Diouf the impact sub scored? Our defending (once again) let us down. People continue to claim we have one of the best defensive partnerships in the PL in Nelsen and Samba.

We don't.

• Backroom

Ratings for today

Everyone - 0

Special mentions to EH Diouf and Dunn for being beyong terrible, Dunn is clearly finished he was a hinderance to us when he came on.

As Mark said- get rid of Sam... he should be blamed for the individual mistakes made by the defenders today, he should be blamed for his substitutions/ even though they were all positive ones... There were others like the weather and the fact that recession is still here that Sam is to blame for but I thought I'd save that til next week.

WTF is with everyones comments? We outplayed the 'New Bolton' and passed them apart, they had 2 good chances and scored them. Knight was immense in the second half and Robinson too.

We will play worse and win.

We conceded twice - against 10 men. We had the lion's share of possession but no ambition to do much with it.

It's an awful result.

As Mark said- get rid of Sam... he should be blamed for the individual mistakes made by the defenders today, he should be blamed for his substitutions/ even though they were all positive ones... There were others like the weather and the fact that recession is still here that Sam is to blame for but I thought I'd save that til next week.

That's equally as pathetic. The players AND manager both carry the can.

• Backroom

Where do you even begin with that?

A ###### joke. Bolton were absolutely ###### today and we've lost 2-1 to them. Not only that, but we've lost 2-1 in half an hour to ten men. That, frankly, says it all about the "quality" of our current squad. We don't have any. I hope Venky's were watching this one because we need some major, major investment in January. We'll be lucky to finish in our current position with the squad we've got, watching today's debacle left me in no doubt about that.

Not a single outfield player played well today. Not one. The only player to come out of the game with an ounce of credit was J-Rob, who had some decent touches and battled well in an unforgiving position at the head of the most uncreative team in the Premiership. EHD was abysmal, if this is how he's going to play over the winter again he should be left out of the squad entirely. MGP's deliveries were inexplicably back to their non-threatening worst, and his long-throws make me fume every time he attempts one.

We should have just stayed defensive when they went down to 10 and ground out a 0-0, switching to 4-4-2 only showed how utterly useless our players are at playing anything other than defensive long-ball.

I do think we'll stay safe this season playing doggedly and defensively, but anybody thinking we're anywhere close to a top of the table team is dreaming. No chance unless we receive some serious investment in Jan.

People will have their say, but in my opinion this was simply a really disappointing defeat to our rivals. We had bested them for the entire match, they got two chances and made them count. This should've been a draw at worst. Bring on the reverse fixture!

I actually won't fault anyone in the team today, perhaps maybe Givet for missing two sitters. Both their goals were created by Kevin Davies who is an obvious threat in the air. Once again... I have no idea why Nelsen is marking him rather than Samba. I've lost count at the amount of goals we've conceded due to Nelsen marking a forward superior to him in the air.

Archived