BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Away Tickets

AndyNeil

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good news is he's staying. Why don't you leave here instead ?

Why don't you allow people to have their own views? If everyones views matched your own we wouldn't have much of a dicussion forum would we?

We conceded twice - against 10 men. We had the lion's share of possession but no ambition to do much with it.

It's an awful result.

They had TWO good chances all game. We had about 10, it was only Jussi and the centre backs who stopped us hammering them. We were far more slick than Bolton, we just didn't have the finishing.

I'm not worried at all.

That's equally as pathetic. The players AND manager both carry the can.

I was being sarcastic, We lost because of individual errors, positive subs and we played with two up front, have blamed Sam in other games but don't think he did much wrong today.

WTF is with everyones comments? We outplayed the 'New Bolton' and passed them apart, they had 2 good chances and scored them. Knight was immense in the second half and Robinson too.

We will play worse and win.

Thank God in all of these overreacting posts (Sam out?!), there is some sense.

Sam's been at fault in some of our previous losses but I think today would rest firmly on the players shoulders. Couldn't finish 16 of the 17 shots on goal and some very poor defensive lapses. Professional footballers at the top level should know how to make the man advantage work for you and they didn't.

Terrible management? Nope. Subs were the right ones. Today our execution was very very poor.

Nelsen had one of his worst ever games in a Rovers shirt

Roberts is one of the worst strikers to have worn the blue and white. Embarressed to see him in our side. When he starts he offers nothing. He spent more time whining to the ref than he did playing the game.

Bolton deserved to win. To score twice and win the game with 10 men is enough.

Jones was our best player, but nobody else stood out. We have no pace in midfield, no creative spark. In many cases we had no option but to launch.

If there was ever a game which highlighted our deficiencies this was it. No striker, no one able to beat a man and no creativity. January cannot come soon enough.

• Backroom

Dunn was absolutely awful.

He has been all season he's a spent force, we desperately need to replace him.

Did he even find one of our own players today?

Still not quite sure how we managed to lose that one we dominated the game and Bolton had two half-chances and managed to score two goals. We had countless half-chances but blocks (with and without the use of hands) somehow prevented us from scoring more than the one goal. Thought Nelsen had a bit of a shocker at the back and could be blamed for both goals.

Terrible management? Nope. Subs were the right ones. Today our execution was very very poor.

Nelsen had one of his worst ever games in a Rovers shirt

Roberts is one of the worst strikers to have worn the blue and white. Embarressed to see him in our side. When he starts he offers nothing. He spent more time whining to the ref than he did playing the game.

Bolton deserved to win. To score twice and win the game with 10 men is enough.

Jones was our best player, but nobody else stood out. We have no pace in midfield, no creative spark. In many cases we had no option but to launch.

If there was ever a game which highlighted our defencies this was it. No striker, no one able to beat a man and no creativity. January cannot come soon enough.

I agree with the vast majority of your post but Jones the best player and Nelsen the worst?

I thought Jones was average at best, gifting easy possession on a few occasions and aside from Bolton's 2nd goal, I though Nelsen had a decent game.

Won the battle with Davies all day long - well, until the 88th minute...

And the thing is, the real problem is much deeper. Had the game ended 1-1, Sam would have been delighted, the players would have been delighted, many of the people here would have been delighted - it would have been an euphoria of mediocrity, and that's why we lost. Instead of the players settling back down immediately and thinking about the rest of the game, they lose their heads and allow Bolton to score from the kickoff. Complete and utter clowns.

I was being sarcastic, We lost because of individual errors, positive subs and we played with two up front, have blamed Sam in other games but don't think he did much wrong today.

I know you were and it was childish. IF we win, it's hats-off to the manager, if we lose it's the player's fault? They're both responsible for today's miserable result.

Daylight robbery, but if you don't take your chances, or get the decisions, we should have had 2 pens but that shouldn't of mattered, you don't win games. 

BFS's tactics worked today, the players just didn't execute them well enough.

• Backroom

This is so hard to take, we could have been up to 7th yet stay 13th and still looking below us. Next week can't come soon enough.

I still can't work out why our most effective player was taken off and our least effective one left on for as long as possible.

Childish? Ok. Someone makes a comment immediately after a game that we should sack Sam, does not say it when we win, that's childish. Can you explain what Sam did today which was so poor that he can be blamed for the defeat? Dunn was poor but the sub was a positive one.

I agree with the vast majority of your post but Jones the best player and Nelsen the worst?

I thought Jones was average at best, gifting easy possession on a few occasions and aside from Bolton's 2nd goal, I though Nelsen had a decent game.

Won the battle with Davies all day long - well, until the 88th minute...

Jones was brilliant. I'd like to see the stats, but I'm pretty sure he won every single header in midfield and was impeccable in his tackling and overall defending, frequently running back to help out the defence. Not only that, but I would say his passing was probably close to about 90% with some of his passes being spot on as well. Some lovely through balls and great vision. People that criticise him as a midfielder are obviously not watching because I think he's been playing really well there and it was exemplified today.

• Backroom

I didn't think Allardyce did much wrong today. Starting formation was perfect, until Bolton went down to ten we were in control and they never looked threatening (neither did we, but that's more down to the players than the manager).

As soon as we switched to 4-4-2 though, everything went out the window. Suddenly we looked vulnerable, and because the players have either forgotten or don't know how to be creative we ended up using the same long-ball tactics that we employ in our usual formation without much success.

Seems like Sam perhaps had too much faith in the players, if anything. Probably should have stuck to the formation we were playing, as at that point we were doing well. Obviously if the game had ended 0-0 plenty of people would have slaughtered Allardyce for not being more adventurous, but rather a 0-0 than losing 2-1.

Another away day, another defeat. Against ten men.

Keep racking 'em up Sam - Barcelona /Real will come knocking soon enough. :rolleyes:

Givet's had a nightmare today. Surely he should have been the one picking up the Bolton scorer for the first, and got done for the second as well.

Sublime finish from the United Diouf for the shortlived equaliser, I think this lad has real talent but he'll probably never get the chance to show his best form undr Sam's system.

I'm a Rovers supporter. What's your excuse ?

Guess what? So am I - that's why I'm on here. Except I'm just not blindly following everything Rovers (and the Labour Party) do without question, and I don't believe I'm always right and insult anyone who has the temerity to disagree with me. People have different opinions, and I can respect and acknowledge that without recourse to insult, unlike you Jim.

Until you grow up, and stop being such an arrogant old tosser, please just go away.

This is so hard to take, we could have been up to 7th yet stay 13th and still looking below us. Next week can't come soon enough.

I still can't work out why our most effective player was taken off and our least effective one left on for as long as possible.

What would you have said if he'd been kept on and then got sent off for a second yellow card?

Im sure we will be fine, we really did'nt play that bad but like always we lack quality and cutting edge, I dont really think Sam did anything wrong apart from set up a bit too defensive at the start.

The defence on the other hand has been really crap for a while now, Givet is shocking sometimes and Samba is gradually making more mistakes every week, Did'nt really agree with Olsson being taken off he is one of the better attacking players we have but he was on a yellow and the ref probably would have evened things up.

We should'nt really have lost in that manor but Coyle has them set up well and they know when to switch from long ball to short unlike us who when they were down to 10 men really should have put a foot on the ball and stretched their team instead we constantly launched it forward commiting more and more players in shear desperation.

I think that their tactics were superior today but they would'nt have scored 2 if our defence was'nt so bad, time to drop some defenders for me and give others a chance.

i think sam would have been happy 11v11, i think we would have nicked 1 goal for the win, but the sending off forced him to change it which he was right to do,

i dont know what Nelsen was doing for there 2nd goal samba would have handled davis.

nelsen trying to clear the ball from davis just created the space for the goal :(

we never looked like losing the game, but we did, maybe bolton just wanted it more?

Archived