BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

Shocked nobody has mentioned the LT article today where Mrs Desai said there will be MUCH MORE than £5m available for trasnsfer, but they wont publicly say how much.

If Keen has been given the role till the summer only, then that is a good move by the owners (in terms of not getting stuck into a 4 year contract etc)....it then gives us more time to assess the current caretaker & any other options out there.

Steve Kean couldnt beat the worst team in the premier league, at home, last saturday, says it all really about the guy.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feb 26th his 10th league game

1.5 now odds dropping in ten mins..

Hit 1.8 and dropping like mad since

Just put some cash on, tempted to go more but odds falling big time.

Wow, really that long? I allowed the moment to get the better of me yesterday and put quite a bit on, I'm wondering how wise that was now.

Shocked nobody has mentioned the LT article today where Mrs Desai said there will be MUCH MORE than £5m available for trasnsfer, but they wont publicly say how much.

If Keen has been given the role till the summer only, then that is a good move by the owners (in terms of not getting stuck into a 4 year contract etc)....it then gives us more time to assess the current caretaker & any other options out there.

I've got to say Hughesy, I may not agree with the things you say, but my God do I admire your ability to stay positive no matter what is going on. I'd tell you not to let the negative amongst us grind you down, but to be fair to you I don't think there's much chance of that happening anyway.

Steve Kean couldnt beat the worst team in the premier league, at home, last saturday, says it all really about the guy.

That is the most ridiculous statement I have read.

Just think for a minute - three injuries to key players - ONE training session - utter turmoil at the club (not of his making) - btw West Ham have so far beaten Man Utd, Tottenham, Stoke & Sunderland (even if bottom of the league they are no push overs).

I've got to say Hughesy, I may not agree with the things you say, but my God do I admire your ability to stay positive no matter what is going on. I'd tell you not to let the negative amongst us grind you down, but to be fair to you I don't think there's much chance of that happening anyway.

Thanks - you have to stay positive mate...its the only thing that keeps you going through tough times.

All i said is im shocked nobody has mentioned it on here (of what iv checked anyway).

Had it been bad news then it would have been plastered all over here :wacko:

That is the most ridiculous statement I have read.

Just think for a minute - three injuries to key players - ONE training session - utter turmoil at the club (not of his making) - btw West Ham have so far beaten Man Utd, Tottenham, Stoke & Sunderland (even if bottom of the league they are no push overs).

Thats the cold hard facts of last saturdays game. Do you think Kean is going to get any easier games in the prem than the first one he had aginst West Ham - dont think so!

Theres no excuses, it is the most ridiculous decision to have promoted the guy in the first place.

Thanks - you have to stay positive mate...its the only thing that keeps you going through tough times.

All i said is im shocked nobody has mentioned it on here (of what iv checked anyway).

Had it been bad news then it would have been plastered all over here :wacko:

I meant more your comment that appointing Kean till the end of the season was a good move by the owners! I can see the logic in what you are saying but I still cant say I totally agree with it.

As far as the transfer budget goes, it was mentioned on one of the other threads, but I'm not sure how clever her saying that was. Especially as Kean appears to be trying to play it down. Yet more mixed signals, I just wish everyone at the club would get on the same page.

Thats the cold hard facts of last saturdays game. Do you think Kean is going to get any easier games in the prem than the first one he had aginst West Ham - dont think so!

Is that the same team we havent beat at home in the last 5 games?? Back in 2005, way before Big Sam?

Is that the same team we havent beat at home in the last 5 games?? Back in 2005, way before Big Sam?

Regarding that same team, that was clearly the worst bunch of professional players West Ham have had in a long time. A definite decline in overall standards from last season and past seasons.

The league doesnt lie regarding West Ham.

I will be astonished if it is more than £5m plus net proceeds of sales- the Venky's don't have enough liquid cash to go above that number without use of debt. Typically cost of doing a transfer transaction is 20% but with Jerome Anderson involved, make that 30% getting "lost" in all probability as a rule of thumb. So if Samba goes for £6m, expect £4m to be available for his replacement.

Quite the contrary. Our smacked arse players couldn't beat the worst team in the league. They were far too busy being 5 yards off the pace and pretending they have never passed a ball in their lives.

Hmmm. Rather similar to many games under Sam then. I wonder if Sam left his white surrender flag for Kean to use on his first away game

Whilst Samba's words are unprofessional, Nelsen said more or less the same yesterday. That's two of our three senior players being extremely disgruntled with what's going on. How many more? I know Steve Kean has a thankless task but the players can't have that much respect if they're kicking off this much.

Archived