BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Bobby, Samba has found the perfect excuse to leave the club knowing fans would not ask too many questions. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck...

Why would you be looking for a move for MONTHS with the intention to leave a year later?

May explain some of it, it would kind of ruin your party

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-mauling-forced-embarrassed-blackburn-owners-fire-allardyce-1337971

I agree on previous post on Samba being no worse than others, but, they don't have to conform to the drains like some of his professional colleagues do they?

Perform better with the ball than without it??? How much do the clowns know, all modern day coaching is about work off the ball, creating options for other players, movement from set plays and movement to pull opponents out of position!!

Samba IS just another player who fancies making a few more quid. No problem there.

It just gets ludicrous when he is painted as a Che Guevara, leader of the propletarian revolution tripe that some would like to have you believe.

He is also probably going to look stupid. No club is even taking an interest.

Very well-advised decision to ask away. :lol:

You missed out the bit that Samba was the target of bids in the summer of 2009 but agreed to stay provided he could move in the summer of 2010. This summer, Sam persuaded him to stay again. He was thrilled to bits with the captaincy.

I am sure Samba would've stayed till the summer and then left if Sam was here (if he was going to leave).

Leaving or wanting to leave in January is a product of the last week. Any person with sense can tell that.

Have you checked that out with one of the agents who have been working on the move for the past few months?

Or are just assuming?

You missed out the bit that Samba was the target of bids in the summer of 2009 but agreed to stay provided he could move in the summer of 2010. This summer, Sam persuaded him to stay again. He was thrilled to bits with the captaincy.

So why was he working with an agent who brought a Spanish club over to watch him in the Sunderland game?

Shame he fell on his ass after a few minutes.

This may be the wrong place to throw more light on this. But what the hell.

Samba has had about three agents working to get him a move for the past few months.

One of them used to be the former manager's agent.

But it turns out his latest agent is even more intriguing - Kenny Shepherd, son of Freddy, who used to be Sam's boss at Newcastle.

Are we getting a picture here yet?

Anyway...Samba's strop over Sam's axeing does not really fit so well when you consider he has been looking for a pay day elsewhere for quite some time.

The one picture I am getting, thanks to your articles in the Mirror, is that we now have a manager whose main qualification seems to be having the right agent. Samba's outburst, coming after what Nelsen said the other day suggests that the players aren't too keen on losing Sam and seeing him replaced by Kean.

Nicko, will Kean be confirmed soon? (kean to know after my Betfair splurge last night!)

I have heard no word from the meeting.

I can't believe you would back a manager who is clearly a running dog like him...

Is that the moral high ground I hear breaking beneath your feet?

:lol:

I have heard no word from the meeting.

I can't believe you would back a manager who is clearly a running dog like him...

Is that the moral high ground I hear breaking beneath your feet?

:lol:

Harry Harris was pretty adamant in his article that Kean would be confirmed today (until end of the season).

Not backing Kean because I want it to happen mind, but probably best decision considering all (ridiculous) circumstances.

The one picture I am getting, thanks to your articles in the Mirror, is that we now have a manager whose main qualification seems to be having the right agent. Samba's outburst, coming after what Nelsen said the other day suggests that the players aren't too keen on losing Sam and seeing him replaced by Kean.

I have written everything I could find out about Steve Kean in the past week. His qualifications, the jobs he has had and almost had...and was first to mention he was a Kentaro client. Nothing held back or spared.

Samba's outburst is up to Samba. He fancies a move. He has done for some time.

Nelsen's comments - as always - were from the heart. However the 'lack of communication' but made me smile. While it is true, it was also even more true of the Trustees era.

I hear the players like Kean, but that means nothing either.

All that matters is getting results.

In the words of a former chief executive of a leading club..."I would not hand a dog on the word of a footballer."

The REAL issues here are [a] getting a manager who is secure in his position and making the signings that have been needed for some time.

Funnily enough, sonce the Kentaro thing first came up I have spoken to many other agents about it. Their attitude is the same. If there is a deal to be done - in or out - it won't change their worlds. Nobody cares if Kentaro are tied in with Venky's...apart from a 'precious' few.

So Samba is an opportunist. Why digress that the actual point is players are unhappy.

What about Nelsen? Dunn? Robinson? Diouf?

So no one can actually be peeved at how the club is being run right now and everyone has some selfish motive.

Ok glad that's cleared up.

Nelsen is unhappy. Has he asked away?

Dunn is unhappy? Really. Unhappy being on the bench? Has he asked away?

Robinson is unhappy? Why, exactly?

Diouf COULD be unhappy because Sam is his pal. So what?

I wouldn't believe all you are told in daft wee e-mails from the Conspirator General.

Oh dear, what a mess. Every day another story of discontent and more instability.

The players are clearly upset with what's been going on at Ewood but it doesn't mean everyone should automatically assume we'll morph into relegation fodder during the next few weeks.

Okay, the manager has gone and nobody really knows what's happening. But the players are the same players and are still capable of performing to a decent standard.

The question is whether they can really be bothered or whether they are letting the events of the last week affect their heads.

I think we're really going to see our players' true colours in over the festive period and we'll quickly find out how much they really care about Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

My point is not about people asking away cause that's the last resort. Its about them being unhappy.

Dunn being unhappy despite being on the bench as you put it, tells its own story.

But I guess we will have different interpretations of things.

Football is a game of opinions after all. :closedeyes:

Nelsen's comments - as always - were from the heart. However the 'lack of communication' but made me smile. While it is true, it was also even more true of the Trustees era.

/quote]

Nicko, surely it doesn't matter that the Walker Trust didn't communicate regularly with the players. They were not seeking to actively run the club. Venkys clearly are.

Exactly what I thought and posted similar last night.

Surely if he was that 'respected' players wouldn't be so vocal (despite the ridiculously bad start that Venky's have got off to). My hunch is that the players want an experienced boss in to calm the storm. Like everything else right now, it's just a hunch.

I have written everything I could find out about Steve Kean in the past week. His qualifications, the jobs he has had and almost had...and was first to mention he was a Kentaro client. Nothing held back or spared.

Samba's outburst is up to Samba. He fancies a move. He has done for some time.

I hear the players like Kean, but that means nothing either.

All that matters is getting results.

In the words of a former chief executive of a leading club..."I would not hand a dog on the word of a footballer."

The REAL issues here are [a] getting a manager who is secure in his position and making the signings that have been needed for some time.

Funnily enough, sonce the Kentaro thing first came up I have spoken to many other agents about it. Their attitude is the same. If there is a deal to be done - in or out - it won't change their worlds. Nobody cares if Kentaro are tied in with Venky's...apart from a 'precious' few.

Nelsen is unhappy. Has he asked away?

Dunn is unhappy? Really. Unhappy being on the bench? Has he asked away?

Robinson is unhappy? Why, exactly?

Diouf COULD be unhappy because Sam is his pal. So what?

I wouldn't believe all you are told in daft wee e-mails from the Conspirator General.

Not just one or two nicko, there is a flood of stuff coming out that practically all the players are unhappy.

As for Trust communicating, the structure is there is a board, a chairman and owners behind.

Two things have changed- the owners are now very communicative with the press, particularly in Pune (we never had to follow the Jersey papers- did we?), but remain mute in talking with the players

- and the Chairman is no longer seemingly in charge of football matters so is unable to nip issues in the bud or talk with authority.

As for the bit at the bottom. :lol:

Not just one or two nicko, there is a flood of stuff coming out that practically all the players are unhappy.

One of these days you will produce evidence.

All the players?

Who told you this? The guy 20 rows back from the VIP box beside the Rao brothers? Mr Syed?

Gentlemen, play nicely. You've both done so much for the site and given so much, I don't want to have to start rapping knuckles, so debate to your heart's content, but don't turn it into something personal between yourselves.

Nicko any news yet on whether Kean has the job or not? It's imperative in my mind that we appoint him immediately or if he is not the man really step up the search for someone else.

Nelsen speaking out, Dunny speaking out, Roberts to a degree and now Samba looking like handing in a transfer request. I don't subscribe to some people's beliefs on here that there is a complete meltdown and that all players are unhappy but it's looking like there is clearly some discontent about what has gone on behind the scenes.

Appointing a manager officially and very soon might quell some of the uprising, the longer it drags on the greater risk of unrest spreading in my opinion.

Quick question.

For the sake of the question, let's say Steve Kean is now our permanent manager.

Sam and McDonald are gone, and all remaining coaches have taken a step up the ladder. That means we are now two coaches short at the bottom of the ladder - from where and when will these positions be filled? To me this is just as important as who will be the next manager.

It can't be good to no be two coaches short..?

Have you got links?

Judging from interviews after Sam left, Nelsen were in shock, Dunn were very sad, Roberts were happy because he may now be able to play...

Nicko any news yet on whether Kean has the job or not? It's imperative in my mind that we appoint him immediately or if he is not the man really step up the search for someone else.

Nelsen speaking out, Dunny speaking out, Roberts to a degree and now Samba looking like handing in a transfer request. I don't subscribe to some people's beliefs on here that there is a complete meltdown and all players are unhappy but it's looking like there is clearly some discontent about what has gone on behind the scenes.

Appointing a manager formally and very soon might quell some of the uprising, the longer it drags on the greater risk of unrest spreading in my opinion.

I understand Steve Kean is likely to arrive back very shortly.

I would hope that a statement is made soon. The key point is the length of time involved.

Don't stress with player quotes. They sway in the breeze. Jason Roberts, for one, didn't get a squad number off Sam - and suddenly he is upset? Come on.

You are spot-on about the timings needing to be quick. I have said the same for the past few days.

End the uncertainty.

Get some players IN - get shot of those who don't want to be here if you are lucky enough to find a buyer.

And move on.

Archived