BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wasn't written by Grooby, was it! Indian to me.

I've got to say this is crazy. Venky's have initiated part two of the plan. Kentaro now have total control of footballing affairs and in particular, transfers.

Agree with the language: "Following the departure of Mr. Sam Allardyce as Football Manager of Blackburn Rovers Football Club earlier this month, Mr. Steve Kean was appointed as manager.

"Venky's London Limited - Blackburn Rovers - has decided to continue with Mr. Steve Kean as manager, until the end of the season, June 2011."

This is no longer feels like Rovers as we used to know it. Forget family club, as far as I'm concerned, we are now a corporation.

Good luck Steve, you/we are going to need it.

Take it for what it is, a decision made which WILL give stability to the club because we have a manager now for a fixed amount of time, the players know it, the fans know it and potential targets too, now let's back the man and I for one am looking forward to the transfer window bring open to see who we sign, it's better than seeing us sign no one!!

Take it for what it is, a decision made which WILL give stability to the club because we have a manager now for a fixed amount of time, the players know it, the fans know it and potential targets too, now let's back the man and I for one am looking forward to the transfer window bring open to see who we sign, it's better than seeing us sign no one!!

Seriously imy, I wouldn't get too excited about the transfer window. So far Venky's have done nothing to show that there is ANYTHING to look forward to in January.

I've been desperately trying to look for positives in this whole fiasco but right now, I'm really struggling.

I think secretly we were all hoping that venkys were going to pull a rabbit out of the hat and bring in a top class manager. Logically, it would be the only reason to sack sam, to bring in someone to show we now have real ambition to become major players in the league once again.

However, its not to be, and logic no longer seems to apply to this 'football' club.

All I can say is that everything that has happened over the last week or so, makes absolutely no sense what so ever. It just feels as there is one big ugly ulterior motive at play here.

Agree with the language: "Following the departure of Mr. Sam Allardyce as Football Manager of Blackburn Rovers Football Club earlier this month, Mr. Steve Kean was appointed as manager.

"Venky's London Limited - Blackburn Rovers - has decided to continue with Mr. Steve Kean as manager, until the end of the season, June 2011."

This is no longer feels like Rovers as we used to know it. Forget family club, as far as I'm concerned, we are now a corporation.

Good luck Steve, you/we are going to need it.

It feels like we've been attacked by some kind of alien/Indian cyber being. It doesn't sound like our club - no it doesn't.

Wonder how Groobs feels?

They wanted a young manager with enthusiasm who was British, is that not who Kean is?

You did exactly the same when Ince was appointed, I see you didn't learn anything from it. Can you not make your own judgement of the situation rather than just backing everything that happens?

This is a dangerous appointment (one that didn't need to be made, we had a competent manager already) that puts the future of the club in jeopardy.

Edit:

That story is written in a strange manner - http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2249626,00.html

I could be wrong, but that looks like it's been written by someone foreign. i.e. someone from Venky's, not Grooby or whoever usually does the updates.

They wanted a young manager with enthusiasm who was British, is that not who Kean is?

They haven't found a young manager. They've created one.

Even Ince was better qualified. I really hope I'm eating my words in 6 weeks or so but I seriously doubt it. We weren't being talked about as relegation candidates two weeks ago. I've now seen odd of 6/1 for us to go down. Our rivals will be rubbing their hands.

You did exactly the same when Ince was appointed, I see you didn't learn anything from it. Can you not make your own judgement of the situation rather than just backing everything that happens?

This is a dangerous appointment (one that didn't need to be made, we have a competent manager already) that puts the future of the club in jeopardy.

The chairwoman has made her choice to sack Sam, I wanted him here til at least at the end of the season. Now that Kean is here I am happy that he has been given til the end of the season as it will give us some stability. I did the same with Ince and Allardyce- which is give the bloke a chance, I will continue to do so, no point predicting what is going to happen, let's see for ourselves!

Maybe we should write an open letter to the FA? In relation to fears of the fans concerning Kentaro's involvement in things. This might force the old duffers into looking a bit more closely at all this and take some action against what is happening to our proud old club. It pains me to say it but I'm glad I'm not going this weekend due to illness and I had pondered dragging myself along.

There are other things we as fans can do but whether we will or not is another matter entirely.

DON'T buy any merchandise

DON'T buy any food or beverages inside the ground, take a flask or something.

IF we're getting pasted lets all walk out after 75 minutes, the press would have a field day.

Although we as fans can't cut the ultimate revenue stream which is SKY (Venkys will do that all alone if we go down), we can still have a negative effect on their income. Now this may sound like we're hurting our club but from we're I'm sitting looking at the way this thing is unravelling our club doesn't even exist, not as far as they are concerned. They want press to increase their profile and we are their vehicle, once the vehicle has served its purpose, they will walk away and we'll all stand and look at the wreckage.

I've paid for two boxes over the last three years for individual games and I've just replied to an offer I recieved stating as long as Venkys own us the only money I will be spending at Rovers is on my ST. I'll grab a pie on the way down and a pint in a boozer.

Anyone know if any of the "Anonymous" Hackers are Rovers fans..... oh come on, it is Christmas after all.

This is a dangerous appointment (one that didn't need to be made, we have a competent manager already) that puts the future of the club in jeopardy.

Edit:

That story is written in a strange manner - http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2249626,00.html

I could be wrong, but that looks like it's been written by someone foreign. i.e. someone from Venky's, not Grooby or whoever usually does the updates.

Agree with all that. But also, we have put a competent manager on the market that other relegation-threatened clubs will be keen to talk to.

We're plainly weaker than we were a couple of weeks ago. I don't see how anyone could argue that. It's been motivated by things other than league position.

The chairwoman has made her choice to sack Sam, I wanted him here til at least at the end of the season. Now that Kean is here I am happy that he has been given til the end of the season as it will give us some stability. I did the same with Ince and Allardyce- which is give the bloke a chance, I will continue to do so, no point predicting what is going to happen, let's see for ourselves!

You're not just taking a 'wait and see' approach though, you're acting like this is the right appointment for the club.

We're now huge risk to be relegated.

There is nothing stable about this either. Bolton tried the same with Sammy Lee when Allardyce left them - did that bring stability? Do the comments from various players suggest we're heading for stability?

It's hard to take you seriously because you'll just back anything that happens, I think you'll just succeed in winding a lot of emotional people up if you keep trying to tell people it's a good thing that Kean has been appointed.

Agree with all that. But also, we have put a competent manager on the market that other relegation-threatened clubs will be keen to talk to.

We're plainly weaker than we were a couple of weeks ago. I don't see how anyone could argue that. It's been motivated by things other than league position.

Just realised that I should have said 'had a competent manager'!

Archived