BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with all that. But also, we have put a competent manager on the market that other relegation-threatened clubs will be keen to talk to.

We're plainly weaker than we were a couple of weeks ago. I don't see how anyone could argue that. It's been motivated by things other than league position.

Either they spend big in January and start acting like proper owners of a Premier League club or they'll lose any crumb of support I've got left and my custom indefinitely.

Furious, but prepared to be even more furious come end of Jan.

We are far weaker. There is absoultely having no point in having cash to spend if the manager has no draw in persuading players in

I think that now would be a good time to get behind the new guy and show him our support.

We don't know much about him and we were all shocked by the sudden departure of Big Sam, but let's give Kean a chance to prove himself to the club. :rover:

Couldn't agree more. Whether we agree with the appointment or not, the only way we, as fans, can have any influence on our chances of survivial/finishing above 10th is to show our support

Hold on a second.

We had no money to spend under The Walker. We had to sell to buy. Now we have Venky's who are willing to give us some money. Something the Walkers didn't do.

We got rid of a very good manager that would have kept us up. He has now been replaced by Steve Kean who, by the sound of things, isn't the best but is more than capable of keeping us up this season.

Now why the negativity?

For the first time in years we can go into a transfer window knowing we can spend. Look forward to signings without players leaving. If Kean does not do well, I'm sure he will be replaced. If he has a decent season, then he may get replaced or we have the whole summer to look for a good manager.

You really think Venky's threw £43million at our club to mess us around?

Some people need to get a grip and chill the f*** out!!

Couldn't agree more. Whether we agree with the appointment or not, the only way we, as fans, can have any influence on our chances of survivial/finishing above 10th is to show our support

I find it incredibly difficult to support them as they dismantle a well run club, piece by piece.

They wanted a young manager with enthusiasm who was British, is that not who Kean is?

As Jisty said, he wasn't a manager till Venkys made him one. And What about their other criteria - experience, someone who had already managed in prem?

Press release issued from London office, and even reinforced in the text of the press release.

This all stinks.

Jason Roberts seems happy about it, This is what he has said on Twitter

Steve Kean is a very good coach and the lads are happy with him, he's a familiar face too. Now it's time to move on, starting with Stoke.

You're not just taking a 'wait and see' approach though, you're acting like this is the right appointment for the club.

We're now huge risk to be relegated.

There is nothing stable about this either. Bolton tried the same with Sammy Lee when Allardyce left them - did that bring stability? Do the comments from various players suggest we're heading for stability?

It's hard to take you seriously because you'll just back anything that happens, I think you'll just succeed in winding a lot of emotional people up if you keep trying to tell people it's a good thing that Kean has been appointed.

1. Would you rather Venkys appoint a manager like Pardew on impulse, or take a wait and see approach?

2. We have Steve Kean in charge who was first team coach, he knows the place inside out, from youth players to senior players so he should instantly command respect from them (Nicko- said that they like him), with a transfer window upon us, he knows the weakest areas of the team and more importantly knows the strengths and weaknesses of the players now rather than a new manager who it would have taken a while to find out.

3. Sammy Lee was appointed full time manager with no fixed limit like Kean who is manager til the end of the season, how is this the same? If Kean does badly we can safely say he will not be the manager next year.

4. Ironically I am finding it very difficult to take people seriously who at every little thing (not aiming this at you) will find a negative. "Oh look the statement on the official site resembles a corporate message, NO!!! Blackburn Rovers FC as we know it is over..."

I have my own opinion and I feel that now that Kean is in charge he should be given a chance and bizarrely enough I can see reasons for hiring him, can't you? Why should this wind people up?

ALL the management team has done so far: Is a fire a manager because his vision did not fit theirs, appointed someone who does til the end of the season and promised "a lot more funds that £5 million in January"

EDIT: Liked Jason Roberts comment on Twitter- hopefully means as I have said that the team can focus on football again.

As Rovers fans its our duty to get behind the team and therefore the manager.

All right I'll admit last Saturday was dire, but I doubt Mourinho could have done much with one day of training in what was possibly the most topsy turvy week in the clubs history.

Lets get behind Kean and the boys and re-assess in the summer.

By my calculations we need 18 points to be safe.

Any of the following will keep us up.

6 W, 0 D

5 W, 3 D

4 W, 6 D

3 W, 9 D

2 W, 12 D

1 W, 15 D

0 W, 18 D

OK so we're not happy and its not what we wanted to hear , but its not like we were'nt told what was going to happen , i have concerns as to who will want to come in January after the way things have been handled recently and barring any departures or injury disasters i think the squad is comfortably capable of staying up , its not the players fault , its not Steve kean's fault ,we've got a crucial run of games where we need to take points , lets get behind the team and support them come matchday ....we can slag off the owners and advisors the rest of the week :brfc::brfc::brfc:

Not supporting them necessarily, just the club we all love

Precisely. Do I like any of the events of the last few weeks - no. Will appointing a permanent manager, whoever he may be, bring more stability - probably. I'm totally underwhelmed by this appointment, but the owners have made it plain that he is their choice and so we have to offer him our support as long as he's in the job. May not be very long if results and performances don't improve, but like every manager he has enough to worry about without thinking about whether the fans are going to be on his back throughout every match.

Playing devil's advocate, what happens if Steve doesn't win any of his first 5 games? Or we play Chelsea away and get hammered?

Is he completely fire-proof?

I personally doubt it.

If we are bottom in January after a very poor run of results and it's clear that if we don't make a change then we are heading down towards the Championship i would expect there to be a change.

Anyways hopefully we won't be in that situation. It's time to now get behind Steve.

He has now been replaced by Steve Kean who, by the sound of things, isn't the best but is more than capable of keeping us up this season.

How do you know that? The guy hasn't managed anywhere and the best thing we've heard so far is that he is a good coach and there are plenty of them around.

It just reminds me of Brian Kidd all over again.

Given the position we are in we need an experienced manager to come in and just reunite the team, not someone the players fell a bit unsure of because he is linked to Kentaro.

I've nothing against the guy and I hope he is a success but I just have the feeling that this is going belly up and we're the mugs who will suffer for their stupidity.

Oh dear me.

This is a total farce and the credibility of it all wouldn't even stand-up in the literary world of fiction.

My next task is to see what odds I can get on Rovers being relegated and to earn some big money.

After some 46 years, my heart is no longer in the club - I simply cannot relate to these new owners, their thinking nor their principles.

RIP BRFC along with Uncle Jack, Bill Fox and Ronnie Clayton etc.

An unbelievably sad time.

Hold on a second.

We had no money to spend under The Walker. We had to sell to buy. Now we have Venky's who are willing to give us some money. Something the Walkers didn't do.

And at what price does this supposed £5m come at?

We got rid of a very good manager that would have kept us up. He has now been replaced by Steve Kean who, by the sound of things, isn't the best but is more than capable of keeping us up this season.

The sound of things are the sound of Steve Kean's own voice and the deafening silence of Venky's. I trust Sam's opinion of his management abilities more than Mrs D's, given the length of time they have worked together, respectively.

Now why the negativity?

Because everyone is scared witless that they are watching our club go down the drain. Plus the fact that when our new owners do speak, they say one thing and do something worse. Finish one:"we are going to invest £5m in January..."

For the first time in years we can go into a transfer window knowing we can spend. Look forward to signings without players leaving. If Kean does not do well, I'm sure he will be replaced. If he has a decent season, then he may get replaced or we have the whole summer to look for a good manager.

Our club has been turned into a circus and relegation candidates. We have just employed a guy who puts the cones out to lead the team. Who is going to sign for us? We'd better hope that Kentaro can bring in some good players. Oh, wait, forgot that's against the rules!

You really think Venky's threw £43million at our club to mess us around?

I think they threw their money at advertising and expanding the Venky's brand. They've certainly managed to advertise themselves but I've not seen much evidence of a plan to improve BRFC at the same time.

Some people need to get a grip and chill the f*** out!!

Oh, okay then.

6 weeks from now, I think we will all know where we stand.

under...whelmed

Under-stated

Disgusted they sack Big Sam and then dont hire anyone apart from Kean! Venkys havent a clue, throwing their toys out of the pram because we had a bad result against Man Yoo when they held a party.

Wish we were never sold

just thought i would share a little quote i heard once that seems rather fitting right now Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records

lets hope we have the men who want to break records and not break

Let's hope they aren't records like our 7-1 defeat to Man Utd!!

Oh dear me.

This is a total farce and the credibility of it all wouldn't even stand-up in the literary world of fiction.

My next task is to see what odds I can get on Rovers being relegated and to earn some big money.

After some 46 years, my heart is no longer in the club - I simply cannot relate to these new owners, their thinking nor their principles.

RIP BRFC along with Uncle Jack, Bill Fox and Ronnie Clayton etc.

An unbelievably sad time.

And the OSCAR goes to.......

Keep the faith, nothing bad has happened yet, we've not lost any of our players, we've not lost any games since Kean took charge, papers are hardly the most reliable of sources yet everything suggested on here at the moment is taken as gospel!

How do you know that? The guy hasn't managed anywhere and the best thing we've heard so far is that he is a good coach and there are plenty of them around.

It just reminds me of Brian Kidd all over again.

Given the position we are in we need an experienced manager to come in and just reunite the team, not someone the players fell a bit unsure of because he is linked to Kentaro.

I've nothing against the guy and I hope he is a success but I just have the feeling that this is going belly up and we're the mugs who will suffer for their stupidity.

excellent post, its exactly how I feel.

I don't like this one bit, I always like a experienced manager, even when Tony Pasrkes was manager he "knew" that an experience man was needed.

very very worried about all this.

replacing Sam with a experienced manager...........great

replacing Sam with an unknown unexperienced manager who realistic will not command the respect Sam did from the team.

stupid football decisions going on.

How is Kean going to attract decent players?

Dalgish, Souness, Hughes, Hodgson.........Kean.

whats wrong with this pichure

Anyway good lunk to him.

Archived