BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question.

For the sake of the question, let's say Steve Kean is now our permanent manager.

Sam and McDonald are gone, and all remaining coaches have taken a step up the ladder. That means we are now two coaches short at the bottom of the ladder - from where and when will these positions be filled? To me this is just as important as who will be the next manager.

It can't be good to no be two coaches short..?

That was another reason for the meeting in India.

You HAVE to have a boss to bring in the staff he wants and the players he wants.

That is why the caretaker went all that way in this weather - to get the bleedin thing moving.

<P>Do you think that if Kean is given the job until the end of the season he will be able to bring in a full backroom team or will he have to make do with what he has with Brunskill and Bowyer and fill those positions</P>

There would have to be new staff. The short time factor does not help, but that may have to be the way it goes.

No point in guessing.

The meeting has happened.

Now the announcement will reveal all [or most of it].

Judging from interviews after Sam left, Nelsen were in shock, Dunn were very sad, Roberts were happy because he may now be able to play...

Yep, I've read all of that, but from what Phillip is saying apparently a 'flood of stuff' have come out about people wanting to leave...I'll hardly call a couple of interviews a flood...

I was talking to one of the youth coaches yesterday and he was saying our dressing room is full of difficult characters and kean will do well to keep a lid on things.

Do none of these people ever stop to consider the impact their words may have and whether they can trust the discretion of those they talk to? I have heard quite a few bits of news about various clubs before they come out publicly but I've never posted even a hint on any message board.

It will never happen however, if it did I for one would be delighted as it would:

- Mean we had an experienced manager at the club

- Show some ambition

His CV looks like:

Real Madrid Castilla Youth B

Real Madrid Youth B

Real Madrid U-19s - Real Madrid U-19s Spain U-19 League Winner 1993, Spain U-19 Cup Winner (2): 1991, 1993

Real Madrid B

Real Valladolid

Osasuna

Extremadura -Segunda División Promotion (1): 1997–98

Tenerife - Segunda División Winner (1): 2000–01

Valencia - La Liga Winner (2): 2001–02, 2003–04, UEFA Cup Winner (1): 2003–04

Liverpool - UEFA Champions League Winner (1): 2004–05 Runner Up (1): 2006–07 Premier League Runner Up (1): 2008-09, FA Cup Winner 2004-05, FA Community Shield Winner (1): 2006, UEFA Super Cup Winner (1): 2005, FIFA Club World Cup Runner Up (1): 2005

Internazionale - Supercoppa Italiana Winner (1): 2010, FIFA Club World Cup Winner (1): 2010

That is not too shabby!

However as I have said it will never happen.

Rafa would be a step up from both Kean and Allardyce, and under the current circumstances I'd welcome his appointment.

I agree about Kean, not sure about Allardyce and, give the circumstances, I too would welcome Rafa's appointment. Or Kean's. Or anyone, for that matter. The club needs a manager to get back on course.

I reckon Ian Hollowhead might be coming your way. Good luck, if that is the case.

Better than Rafa, in my opinion. But I don't think he'll come. First, he has said he won't. Second, he's always regretted the move from Plymouth Argyle under similar circumstances. I doubt he'd repeat them.

We are NOT entitled to a place in the Premier League and . . .

This is sacrilege. Angels are weeping. Have you no shame? :P

Don't understand why anyone wouldn't want Benitez. A move like that would speak volumes for the ambition of the club and allay many of the fears we have had since last Monday. Benitez or Kean....mmmmm....what a choice. Champs League winner, La Liga winner or ex-Coventry asistant. Benitez could bring decent players in, Kean couldn't.

That wasn't written by Grooby, was it! Indian to me.

I've got to say this is crazy. Venky's have initiated part two of the plan.

Venkys London Limited - Blackburn Rovers - has decided to continue with Mr. Steve Kean as Manager, until the end of the season, June 2011.

That bit is odd from a corporate governance point of view. Which of those two companies took the decision? Have Rovers effectively ceded day-to-day control of their business to the parent?

If we were trying to get relegated this would be a good way of maximising our chances. A rudderless ship now for half a season. Disaster. Even if we stay up by a whisker we have probably lost £5 or £6 in prize money as well as any payments to pay off BFS. Disaster, no 2 ways about it.

What could be worse? Sell Samba and bring in Boyd and Gioxanni? I am fearing the worst. A lot of people have been trying to paint things in a positive light but there are really no positives here and to be fair the club haven't even tried to do it for themselves. I don't know if it's stupidity or there is an alterior motive.....time will tell I suppose.

Blackburn Rovers can confirm that Steve Kean will continue in the role of manager for the rest of the season.

I think that now would be a good time to get behind the new guy and show him our support.

We don't know much about him and we were all shocked by the sudden departure of Big Sam, but let's give Kean a chance to prove himself to the club. :rover:

Archived