BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

And the OSCAR goes to.......

Keep the faith, nothing bad has happened yet, we've not lost any of our players, we've not lost any games since Kean took charge, papers are hardly the most reliable of sources yet everything suggested on here at the moment is taken as gospel!

I think you are in denial, fella. Don't worry its part of the mourning process - you'll get to anger soon.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Replacing Allardyce with Kean is change for change's sake. We have a government doing exactly the same.

Net result will be no improvement and quite likely the reverse.

Ronnie Clayton timed his departure to perfection.

Under-stated

Disgusted they sack Big Sam and then dont hire anyone apart from Kean! Venkys havent a clue, throwing their toys out of the pram because we had a bad result against Man Yoo when they held a party.

Wish we were never sold

I hated when Mrs D said one of the reason we like Kean is he works hard and stays late.

So did my Tesco's manager when I saw 19 and he was a loser, I use to throw mushrooms at him.

oh well

I think Bryan mentioned hallucinogenic chicken pieces yesterday and clearly he’s an insight into the regime after this decision today.

You sack Allardyce, not a problem with that, then replace him with a novice and hand him the transfer budget, what the hell is all that about? I know Allardyce blew millions at Newcastle, but giving Kean the cash is tantamount to suicide for me or the brothers fancy a game of championship manager.

In the words of Kamara – UNBELIVEABLE!

You sack Allardyce, not a problem with that,

In the words of Kamara – UNBELIVEABLE!

It's you who has a problem if you think the Allardyce decision was correct.

Agree about Kamara though - he's so dense he cannot spell correctly even when he's talking.

1. Would you rather Venkys appoint a manager like Pardew on impulse, or take a wait and see approach?

2. We have Steve Kean in charge who was first team coach, he knows the place inside out, from youth players to senior players so he should instantly command respect from them (Nicko- said that they like him), with a transfer window upon us, he knows the weakest areas of the team and more importantly knows the strengths and weaknesses of the players now rather than a new manager who it would have taken a while to find out.

3. Sammy Lee was appointed full time manager with no fixed limit like Kean who is manager til the end of the season, how is this the same? If Kean does badly we can safely say he will not be the manager next year.

4. Ironically I am finding it very difficult to take people seriously who at every little thing (not aiming this at you) will find a negative. "Oh look the statement on the official site resembles a corporate message, NO!!! Blackburn Rovers FC as we know it is over..."

I have my own opinion and I feel that now that Kean is in charge he should be given a chance and bizarrely enough I can see reasons for hiring him, can't you? Why should this wind people up?

ALL the management team has done so far: Is a fire a manager because his vision did not fit theirs, appointed someone who does til the end of the season and promised "a lot more funds that £5 million in January"

EDIT: Liked Jason Roberts comment on Twitter- hopefully means as I have said that the team can focus on football again.

If we are talking about things that I would rather..

I would rather they had not stupidly fired the manager in the middle of the season. The rest of your post would then have been redundant.

I have refrained from commenting until we appointed someone permanent because I was still hoping beyond hope that we'd get a Martin o'Neill or someone with the right credentials. Now that we have not, I am as lost as many on here. Something just does not add up. There are way too many inconsistencies, so I'll try to look at this rationally. There are two main schools of thought - 1.) conspiracy theories about a Kentaro coup, and 2.) idealistic dreams about Wanky's big plans. I think the truth is probably in-between. Since we have no evidence of conversations between the Wanky princelings and their Kentaro privy councillors, we have to go by logic. I don't have a conclusion yet, but will share my train of thought to see what everyone thinks.

Analysis

The start point has to be that Wanky’s did not spend circa 50m pounds on something to destroy it. We know with some certainty that Wanky's strategic objective in buying our club is to profile their company worldwide. So there is simply no sense in trying to beat it down. So why sack big Sam at such a crucial time? At Wanky's decision-making level, the likeliest answer has to be that they believe doing so will improve the club. Some may say they wanted someone cheaper to run things to minimise costs. But this cannot be the case because Sam and McDonald would have had to be paid their severences anyway.

So assuming that the decision was taken with the club's best interests at heart, then the next question is who advised them to make the decision? Did they take it themselves? The only people we know who sit on their privy council is Kentaro, with Jerome Anderson as the privy council president. Since he has their ears, Anderson appears to be the likeliest coup plotter. But there is some evidence this is not the case - the talk that Kentaro advised Raos to keep Sam after the trashing at Old Trafford. Clearly, the thought to do away with Sam was already there in the owners’ heads. What we can say now is that Anderson was probably aware of the coup plan, though it is inconclusive that he was the chief instigator. But Kentaro are probably the only winners in this episode. At the very least, they have definitely advanced their interests by installing Kean as the replacement. (My guess is they may take a cut off Kean for negotiating the contract and also a cut off the club for doing the deal. But isn't that a conflict of interest?)

So next point to consider. Steve Kean - Puppet or coup plotter? Was Sam referring to Kean when he said he was stabbed in the back? Kean strikes us as the ambitious sort, but it seems far-fetched to say that he had enough access to influence the owners when even Sam did not have much contact with them. Did he do this through Kentaro? Perhaps. But it could also be that Kean was proposed by Kentaro (because he's their client and at the club already) to replace Sam after the decision was taken to do away with Sam. On balance, its unlikely that he’s a coup plotter though he may have been in cahoots because he was in the right place at the right time.

At this point, Kentaro is clearly the strongest common denominator in this affair. So if they had input on the coup, and input on the manager, what are their objectives? Conspiracy theorists think it is to unload all their rubbish players on us. But again, where's the logic? A man like Anderson cannot be thinking with such short-termism. If Kentaro's plan is to use us as a revolving door/showcase for their players, the players must perform and the club must do well. It simply cannot work otherwise because there'll be no one to pick up the players at a profit.

Overall, things will only become clearer when we see who comes in during the January window. If it is thrash like Boyd and Geovanni (ok, maybe a bit harsh to use them as examples), then it is a good indication that Kenatro is indeed using us as a dumping ground. Then at that point, it will be apparent that Wanky’s have committed a huge tactical error by taking their advice. But until then, there is still a chance that we'll bring in some quality. (Although I am not a financial analyst, I venture that there is a more than good chance that our owners' wealth goes beyond what is listed in the company accounts. The publicly available accounts provide a snapshot of the company's holdings, but not the owners' personal assets. So the optimist in me is hoping that more than 5m would be released - something the chairperson had said publicly - and this could see us bring in some good players. Fingers crossed)

Conclusion

Whatever the case, this episode has raised many other questions. What role did John Williams play in this mess? It's quite clear that he was the unwilling army chief who had to do what the queen ordered. But give him credit for sticking around. Some may say he should have walked (and I would not have blamed him for sticking to his principles), but I admire him for staying to steady the ship. His staying also offers us a silver lining - surely after a full day of meeting the day after Sam's sacking, Williams must have been told something that he agreed with in that meeting for him to stay. There is also uncertainty over our players. What about Nelsen and Samba? Chief-of-staffs who are standing up to the administration? Or mercenaries trying to get a quick exit? These questions and more remain to be answered but what is clear is that change is well and truly afoot and unfortunately, regime changes are almost never smooth.

As fans on a messageboard, we’re perfectly entitled to discuss things. But I think with the degree of uncertainty, fear mongering (including passing information off as facts even when they are not) is simply not helpful. The best option now is probably to observe developments, and if there are more indications that our fears are playing out, then take action. Sit-in at Ewood or take over an intersection outside it… but now, perhaps more than ever, the players need our support on match day.

Why go to all the fuss of making the caretaker manager a caretaker manager, which is basically all they've done. Instead of being here a few weeks he's here 6 months, so what? - the job still isn't his permanently. Footballers must be incredibly stupid if they are suddenly happy because of this - J Roberts (alledgedly).

That wasn't written by Grooby, was it! Indian to me.

I've got to say this is crazy. Venky's have initiated part two of the plan. Kentaro now have total control of footballing affairs and in particular, transfers.

That's what I thought. It's definitely written in broken Indian.

Very strange move. Perhaps another move to stamp their authority on the club and situation?

If we are talking about things that I would rather..

I would rather they had not stupidly fired the manager in the middle of the season. The rest of your post would then have been redundant.

Brilliant, short, straight to the point and Very effective!

Why go to all the fuss of making the caretaker manager a caretaker manager, which is basically all they've done. Instead of being here a few weeks he's here 6 months, so what? - the job still isn't his permanently. Footballers must be incredibly stupid if they are suddenly happy because of this - J Roberts (alledgedly).

Where did you get that info?

Why go to all the fuss of making the caretaker manager a caretaker manager, which is basically all they've done. Instead of being here a few weeks he's here 6 months, so what?

Jerome Anderson and Venky's will be able to ascertain during the Jan transfer window, whether Kean is prepared to go along with Anderson's policy on transfers. If he doesn't, he'll be gone in the summer.

Let's get real. It's not as though the club have looked at anyone else is it? Kean wasn't the best option was he, because no other options have been looked at?

OK so we're not happy and its not what we wanted to hear , but its not like we were'nt told what was going to happen , i have concerns as to who will want to come in January after the way things have been handled recently and barring any departures or injury disasters i think the squad is comfortably capable of staying up , its not the players fault , its not Steve kean's fault ,we've got a crucial run of games where we need to take points , lets get behind the team and support them come matchday ....we can slag off the owners and advisors the rest of the week :brfc::brfc::brfc:

crap unwanted journeymen by the boatload will be who signs in janurary, anyone the agents can invoice a fee for

rudderless club, mr nobody as manager, clowns for owners and my favorite player wants to jump ship and 5/1 to be relegated...blinding christmas this year

crap unwanted journeymen by the boatload will be who signs in janurary, anyone the agents can invoice a fee for

rudderless club, mr nobody as manager, clowns for owners and my favorite player wants to jump ship and 5/1 to be relegated...blinding christmas this year

If that's all Christmas is to you, then yes, you've got a poor one. For me it's about having 2 of my 4 kids home, one of whom has just landed a new job that we're very proud of her for. It's about sharing time as a family with the others who can't be here for Christmas. It's about sharing with my daughter's friend who has just lost her mum to a particularly nasty cancer. It's about going to church, singing carols and celebrating the birth of Jesus with all who want to celebrate. Yes, I'm unhappy with what has happened at Rovers, but ruin christmas - no chance. I'm going to have a happy one and wish one for all my fellow Rovers fans.

If that's all Christmas is to you, then yes, you've got a poor one. For me it's about having 2 of my 4 kids home, one of whom has just landed a new job that we're very proud of her for. It's about sharing time as a family with the others who can't be here for Christmas. It's about sharing with my daughter's friend who has just lost her mum to a particularly nasty cancer. It's about going to church, singing carols and celebrating the birth of Jesus with all who want to celebrate. Yes, I'm unhappy with what has happened at Rovers, but ruin christmas - no chance. I'm going to have a happy one and wish one for all my fellow Rovers fans.

Thanks, and a peaceful and happy christmas to you and all your family, football does come second where family is concerned!

And from me a happy Christmas to all Rovers fans.

I assume if he is in charge until the end of the season that he will be able to bring in an assistant manager and a coach, to replace those who have left. Maybe we could get our next manager in as a coach, we don't want to break with tradition.

And doesn't that put these last few weeks into perspective

Just a quickie here, Thanks to the Mods and Admin team for their efforts over the past twelve months, for putting up with our rantings and trying to ensure none of us stepping over the line!

Have a great Christmas and hopefully a better 2011!! (but Rovers wise, I wont be holding my breath)

I assume if he is in charge until the end of the season that he will be able to bring in an assistant manager and a coach, to replace those who have left. Maybe we could get our next manager in as a coach, we don't want to break with tradition.

Well, I do believe Queroz was a good coach, he knows the prem and has worked at Man U ?? I wish.

Merry Xmas gumboots.

Family, good health all come before anything else.

However my football club is very important to me and my dearest and I won't feel any guilt at this time of year in feeling very down about a mere football club.

Today is the day we finally broke off from the club of old. A club that was flourishing- but just needed more muscle for transfer fees. THIS was not wanted by anyone, the mythic '5million' has come at a very heavy price.

Archived