BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

THIS IS NOT WHAT JACK WALKER WANTED FOR US AT ALL!!!!!!!! :angry2::angry2::angry:

Undoubtedly true but the blame for this lies squarely at the door of the trust. They've been completely disinterested for years and have now sold the club to this lot. Picking my words carefully, I read on one of the other threads that Jack's son implied that certain promises made during the sale have not been honoured. Well too late now mate - that's what contracts and business sense is for. Reminds me of the previous Liverpool owner trying to assuage his own guilt after selling out to Hicks and Gillet.

Dread to think what the Stoke game is going to be like now

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She wants to market the club in India, she wants the team to "entertain the fans" watching the Man Utd game is similar to many away games over the last couple of seasons, we have gone there with the mentality of not wanting to lose rather than trying to win. I think the Man Utd game confirmed to Desai what she has heard about Sam previously.

I am not agreeing with this, in fact I would say that she is wrong but I can see why she has made the decision, timing leaves me baffled though.

Suppose we were playing at Old Trafford this week? A cricket score would be on the cards wouldn't it? I can understand them feeling frustrated about that game, hell we all were. But they've made things worse!

So Kean is manager, I wish him luck. However Venky's have misled us over the appointment of an experienced manager and taking time to make the right decision.

If I was to believe a number of issues heard / read then we arent the only ones who have been misled.

There are too many conflicting statements / comments surfacing for me to feel comfortable.

This article says that only 7 players turned up to the Christmas party. I could be wrong but wasn't the players Christmas do the week before Sam was sacked ?

I think they could be referring to the disabled supporters party which was the day Sam was sacked. I believe 7 players turned up for that ?

Not that it makes much difference but it irritates me when papers get things wrong.

What a mess.

And for those who say we have 5million. What does 5million get you? Our wage bill is still going to be absorbing most of our income.

Id have rather had nothing to spend big sam at the helm and john williams hands on the tiller.

I fear we are going down and once we drop we could be heading for free fall.

Dark Days

Undoubtedly true but the blame for this lies squarely at the door of the trust. They've been completely disinterested for years and have now sold the club to this lot. Picking my words carefully, I read on one of the other threads that Jack's son implied that certain promises made during the sale have not been honoured. Well too late now mate - that's what contracts and business sense is for. Reminds me of the previous Liverpool owner trying to assuage his own guilt after selling out to Hicks and Gillet.

Dread to think what the Stoke game is going to be like now

Where have you heard that from? have you got a link to it?

Where have you heard that from? have you got a link to it?

Kelbo posted it

Did anyone hear Howard Walker, Jacks son on Radio Lancs yesterday?

I am told he said his dad would be spinning in his grave at what had happened at the club, that the takeover was not supposed to be like this and Venkys representatives, during takeover discussions, made various promises which have been broken, he did not elaborate.

The person of the Walker family who looks after the Purse strings is Jacks daughter Carol (is she Matthewmans wife?)

as Jack didnt trust the sons with money, they would spend it unwisely, as yet I havent heard any comments from her personally, but from Howards interview, the Walker family are not happy with the situation to say the least.

Christ, which 6 people plussed this steaming pile of turd?

We have Venky's who have so far pledged us the princely sum of £5 million. Great. With a manager who has never spent money and agents with vested interests pulling the strings.

We've sacked a very good manager who wouldve kept us up and had us probably in the top half again.

We've now signed a novice, and there's absolutely NO indication he's capable of keeping a very average squad up.

If Kean does not do well, which half decent manager in their right mind would want to take over a club with crackpot owners which is hurtling towards the drop? If we just about beat the drop, again who in their right mind is going to want to manage relegation candidates with crackpot owners? Maybe we might get Dave Jones?

Do you think Mike Ashley threw hundreds of millions at Newcastle to mess around?

Do you think the practically dozens of owners Pompey had threw money to mess around?

No, but they ruined their clubs anyway, Newcastle have come back up but no thanks to Ashley and he's messing things up once more by Pardew. So really that argument is redundant too.

You ask why the negativity and tell people to chill the f**k out?

I think you need to wake the f**k up mate.

Yes Venky's have not been very professional or "Walker like" in the way they go about their dealings. However, the Walkers are no longer in charge of us.

However, I stick to my point about the negativity. People complain on here when we had no money and had Allardyce in charge. We got rid of Allarydyce, agree the timing isn't the best and the replacement may not be the best, but we have money to spend. Be it £5million or £5, it's more than the Walker Trust gave to us.

You nor majority of the people on here have an idea of what Venky's want to do with this club. You're all being negative about the whole thing because we aren't used to this as Blackburn Rovers fans.

Nobody likes change, but it's happening so deal with. You nor me know whether it's change for good or bad. All we can do is wait and see.

Venky's hold the ball in their court, they can change the manager when they want if Kean isn't doing well. Anything wrong with that?

We no longer have to worry about finishing as high as possible so we have an extra £500k to spend in the transfer market. This season now is just about staying up and see how things pan out. Nothing to worry about just yet. If things are not going our way on the pitch and Kean is out of his depth and Venky's still decide to stick with him, then by all means we should all be worried.

Kelbo posted it

I am told he said his dad would be spinning in his grave at what had happened at the club, that the takeover was not supposed to be like this and Venkys representatives, during takeover discussions, made various promises which have been broken, he did not elaborate.

The person of the Walker family who looks after the Purse strings is Jacks daughter Carol (is she Matthewmans wife?)

as Jack didnt trust the sons with money, they would spend it unwisely, as yet I havent heard any comments from her personally, but from Howards interview, the Walker family are not happy with the situation to say the least.

anybody got a link to the interview?

Venky's hold the ball in their court, they can change the manager when they want if Kean isn't doing well. Anything wrong with that?

what's wrong with it is that if/when they remove Kean, are they likely to have someone else lined up or will it be a spur of the moment reaction and the kit man suddenly gets his chance on account of the long hours he's putting in?

These are very worrying times right now and the club appears to be being censored, yet you seem awfully keen to defend them!

Yes Venky's have not been very professional or "Walker like" in the way they go about their dealings. However, the Walkers are no longer in charge of us.

However, I stick to my point about the negativity. People complain on here when we had no money and had Allardyce in charge. We got rid of Allarydyce, agree the timing isn't the best and the replacement may not be the best, but we have money to spend. Be it £5million or £5, it's more than the Walker Trust gave to us.

You nor majority of the people on here have an idea of what Venky's want to do with this club. You're all being negative about the whole thing because we aren't used to this as Blackburn Rovers fans.

Nobody likes change, but it's happening so deal with. You nor me know whether it's change for good or bad. All we can do is wait and see.

We no longer have to worry about finishing as high as possible so we have an extra £500k to spend in the transfer market. This season now is just about staying up and see how things pan out. Nothing to worry about just yet. If things are not going our way on the pitch and Kean is out of his depth and Venky's still decide to stick with him, then by all means we should all be worried.

But seeing as Samba and Jones are both worth potentially £20m, unless they give us 25m they will effectively be giving us less than the trust.

what's wrong with it is that if/when they remove Kean, are they likely to have someone else lined up or will it be a spur of the moment reaction and the kit man suddenly gets his chance on account of the long hours he's putting in?

These are very worrying times right now and the club appears to be being censored, yet you seem awfully keen to defend them!

That is all down to how well Kean does as manager. If he does well then, it's a good decision by them. If he doesn't then we wait and see. You can't just jump to the conclusion that they'll bring in some joey to run our club.

I'm not defending them, all I am saying is give them a chance because other than their media outbursts, which I agree have not been the best, they haven't done much wrong.

They want attractive football and Sam wasn't the man for that. If they wanted PL survival then they would have stuck with Sam. However, everyone must remember it's not the Walkers we are dealing with here. Venkys have new plans so let them implement their ideas, and see where it takes us. Don't jump on their backs when you have no idea where this club is going.

That is all down to how well Kean does as manager. If he does well then, it's a good decision by them. If he doesn't then we wait and see. You can't just jump to the conclusion that they'll bring in some joey to run our club.

I'm not defending them, all I am saying is give them a chance because other than their media outbursts, which I agree have not been the best, they haven't done much wrong.

They want attractive football and Sam wasn't the man for that. If they wanted PL survival then they would have stuck with Sam. However, everyone must remember it's not the Walkers we are dealing with here. Venkys have new plans so let them implement their ideas, and see where it takes us. Don't jump on their backs when you have no idea where this club is going.

I'm only going off what I've seen in the few weeks the new owners have been here. It could be said they've already brought in a joey - whatever one of those is.

But you are right that we will have to wait and see - whether we like it or not. As I've already said we'll have a clearer idea in about 6 weeks time. I'm not averse to change, per se, but I've yet to be convinced that we are heading in the right direction.

From reading some comments, would say too many people are putting too much emphasis on the month of January.

The January transfer window, which is regarded as a nightmare by basically all managers, will be our saviour?

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

Sorry to rain on your parade but we didn't - that would have been McDonald.

Can't say I'm overenthused at this point by the decision to appoint Kean until the end of the season, I had been expecting a stellar appointment to boost the profile of the Club and by asociation Venky's.

However he might prove that scepticism completely wrong and whilst he is manager he deserves everyone's full support unless and until events on the pitch suggest otherwise.

I do agree with nicko and the minority of posters who have sugested the doom and gloom are being completely overdone.

Kelbo posted it

Wait a second.

Are you trying to tell me that the Walker trust, the people who for so many years did not lend us a helping hand, and who were entrusted to protect the club from being left it in the wrong hands...are actually comprised of Jack Walker's own children?

This is becoming a Greek tragedy of some sorts.

Archived