BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

If that's all Christmas is to you, then yes, you've got a poor one. For me it's about having 2 of my 4 kids home, one of whom has just landed a new job that we're very proud of her for. It's about sharing time as a family with the others who can't be here for Christmas. It's about sharing with my daughter's friend who has just lost her mum to a particularly nasty cancer. It's about going to church, singing carols and celebrating the birth of Jesus with all who want to celebrate. Yes, I'm unhappy with what has happened at Rovers, but ruin christmas - no chance. I'm going to have a happy one and wish one for all my fellow Rovers fans.

Wow. You really made yourself appear so much bigger and better than him with that reply.

Its quite ironic that you are having a go at him for over reacting about his christmas, yet you feel the need to write that response to 4 measley words he finished the end of his post with.

Pathetic.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why go to all the fuss of making the caretaker manager a caretaker manager, which is basically all they've done. Instead of being here a few weeks he's here 6 months, so what? - the job still isn't his permanently. Footballers must be incredibly stupid if they are suddenly happy because of this - J Roberts (alledgedly).

Kean is Kentaros man, he's represented by them. I would be very surprised if Venkys have even considered anyone else after Kentaro talked them round.

People seem to think that if Kean does badly then they'l sack him, and get in some top manager.

The reality is no top manager would be willing to be a 'yes-man' for kentaro.

I have no idea how this will no pan out - but we should ask ourselves one question.

How would we have felt about appointing Holloway prior to his success at Blackpool ?

My point is - nobody knows whether Kean will be any good or not - pointless worrying about it at this point. Only thing we can do is continue to support Kean and the club - and hope for the best. The continued demonstrations and reteric etc won't harm our new owners - but will potentially harm the club.

Not really. For many fans Christmas will be spoilt if Rovers do badly. Just like every weekend when Rovers lose. It's called love and passion.

Not more important than family though surely. If that's your outlook on life I feel for you. At the end of the day, no matter how passionate you are, and I am too, it is only a game. Family must come first in my eyes. Yes I'll be upset if we lose against Stoke and I'll have the long walk home. But when I get home and see my children, all that will be forgotten.

Not more important than family though surely. If that's your outlook on life I feel for you. At the end of the day, no matter how passionate you are, and I am too, it is only a game. Family must come first in my eyes. Yes I'll be upset if we lose against Stoke and I'll have the long walk home. But when I get home and see my children, all that will be forgotten.

why do people feel the need to jump on glib comments with their life stories, like going from talksport to radio bloody 4.

Rovers are a big part of my life and doing crap effects my mood, therefore Christmas less fun, rovers win 5-0 on boxing day = great Christmas.

If you look I didn't say football was more important than family. But I wouldn't dismiss any sport you feel passionate about as "only a game". That's the talk of non-competitors and losers.

Tell you what, on Saturday it was worse, much much worse, believe me, bloody awful!!

Oh really Kelbo; how can you say that? For the first time in almost 2 years we were "entertained" by all the delightful little triangles and passing movements (to me........to you...... backwards... forwards.... sideways). The fact that none of this created any danger to WHam, and gave them plenty of time to get back andorganise their shape to defend, or to move up and put our hapless strke force offside is totally irrelevant when you compare it to the huge amount of pure entertainment we were all getting. None of this 'get the ball forward quickly' and 'get behind their defence before they can recover' boring stuff that Sam seemed to favour.Looks like we have found our ideal solution to the Sam problem at last eh?

Wow. You really made yourself appear so much bigger and better than him with that reply.

Its quite ironic that you are having a go at him for over reacting about his christmas, yet you feel the need to write that response to 4 measley words he finished the end of his post with.

Pathetic.

Wow. If ever a post was more deserving of the minus rep button.

Btw, I've found you a new avatar...

carrey-as-scrooge-firstlookm18-med.jpg

Bad decision to appoint Kean imo although hardly suprising.

The good news is we have a bit more stability (not masses as it is a temporary appointment) and actually know a bit more about what is going on - somethimes its bad news is better than the uncertainty and speculation.

I really think Kentaro and Venkeys have dropped a clanger here. Kean hasn't united and doesn't seem to have the respect of the players or the fans, and whilst I'm not saying there is anything improper about his appointment, there is the potential for massive conflict of interest.

Jol, O Neil and Benitez are all rumoured to be available and whilst I'm not saying they are right for rovers (especially wouldn't want Benitez) they are all big names and have had some success in their managerial careers. Anyone logically looking for a new manager would think that they were worth investigating at the very least. The fact we've gone for some no-mark with limited experience as a number 2 and non asa number 1 seems very risky and foolish in the extreme. Not to mention it looks highly suspicious - even if there is nothing to those suspicions.

• Backroom

If that's all Christmas is to you, then yes, you've got a poor one. For me it's about having 2 of my 4 kids home, one of whom has just landed a new job that we're very proud of her for. It's about sharing time as a family with the others who can't be here for Christmas. It's about sharing with my daughter's friend who has just lost her mum to a particularly nasty cancer. It's about going to church, singing carols and celebrating the birth of Jesus with all who want to celebrate. Yes, I'm unhappy with what has happened at Rovers, but ruin christmas - no chance. I'm going to have a happy one and wish one for all my fellow Rovers fans.

Perfectly put

1129200723431PM_golfclap.gif

Can I just take the time to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas Gumboots and all my fellow Rovers.

Also just remember:

I am glad there is a little more certainty now, even though I would have preferred an experienced manager (goes without saying really), I will get behind Kean and I will sing my heart out for the team week in, week out. I will do that, but I do feel I'm on an emotional rollercoaster, as we all are. I am fearful for the future with these people "in charge", and worry that the club I have loved and adored for 25 years is no longer the same. That it has gone.

Whatever they do, they can't take away our club's history, and our memories.

I have just been speaking to my wise old Grandad (next year will be his 80th in going to almost every home game) and he said 'nowt you can do about it but get behind them and hope for the best.'

I respect JW and TF so much. Wish our great club wasn't going through all this turbulence, which is SO unnecessary. Part of me thinks we have to do something, whilst another part of me thinks there is nothing to be done; just wait and see.

I am sick of the majority of the media and have stopped reading most of it. I want things to be okay because I love Rovers. I want things to be okay because I want them to be wrong in their sniping at us.

As Rovers fans its our duty to get behind the team and therefore the manager.

All right I'll admit last Saturday was dire, but I doubt Mourinho could have done much with one day of training in what was possibly the most topsy turvy week in the clubs history.

Lets get behind Kean and the boys and re-assess in the summer.

Keep the faith, nothing bad has happened yet, we've not lost any of our players, we've not lost any games since Kean took charge, papers are hardly the most reliable of sources yet everything suggested on here at the moment is taken as gospel!

Well said, Roger. Kean may have it in him, and if he doesn't, maybe new transfers and the existing squad can pull it out. The issue is getting to 18+ points, not an impossible task despite the appearances of problems.

Let's keep the faith and hold our fire until summer.

Hold on a second.

We had no money to spend under The Walker. We had to sell to buy. Now we have Venky's who are willing to give us some money. Something the Walkers didn't do.

We got rid of a very good manager that would have kept us up. He has now been replaced by Steve Kean who, by the sound of things, isn't the best but is more than capable of keeping us up this season.

Now why the negativity?

For the first time in years we can go into a transfer window knowing we can spend. Look forward to signings without players leaving. If Kean does not do well, I'm sure he will be replaced. If he has a decent season, then he may get replaced or we have the whole summer to look for a good manager.

You really think Venky's threw £43million at our club to mess us around?

Some people need to get a grip and chill the f*** out!!

Christ, which 6 people plussed this steaming pile of turd?

We have Venky's who have so far pledged us the princely sum of £5 million. Great. With a manager who has never spent money and agents with vested interests pulling the strings.

We've sacked a very good manager who wouldve kept us up and had us probably in the top half again.

We've now signed a novice, and there's absolutely NO indication he's capable of keeping a very average squad up.

If Kean does not do well, which half decent manager in their right mind would want to take over a club with crackpot owners which is hurtling towards the drop? If we just about beat the drop, again who in their right mind is going to want to manage relegation candidates with crackpot owners? Maybe we might get Dave Jones?

Do you think Mike Ashley threw hundreds of millions at Newcastle to mess around?

Do you think the practically dozens of owners Pompey had threw money to mess around?

No, but they ruined their clubs anyway, Newcastle have come back up but no thanks to Ashley and he's messing things up once more by Pardew. So really that argument is redundant too.

You ask why the negativity and tell people to chill the f**k out?

I think you need to wake the f**k up mate.

Hold on a second.

We had no money to spend under The Walker. We had to sell to buy. Now we have Venky's who are willing to give us some money. Something the Walkers didn't do.

We got rid of a very good manager that would have kept us up. He has now been replaced by Steve Kean who, by the sound of things, isn't the best but is more than capable of keeping us up this season.

Now why the negativity?

For the first time in years we can go into a transfer window knowing we can spend. Look forward to signings without players leaving. If Kean does not do well, I'm sure he will be replaced. If he has a decent season, then he may get replaced or we have the whole summer to look for a good manager.

You really think Venky's threw £43million at our club to mess us around?

Some people need to get a grip and chill the f*** out!!

Just when I thought this place had morphed into ClaretsMad, along comes a shaft of common sense.

Take a bow.

I think that now would be a good time to get behind the new guy and show him our support.

We don't know much about him and we were all shocked by the sudden departure of Big Sam, but let's give Kean a chance to prove himself to the club. :rover:

Yep, agree with you 100% - i`m not a fan of what has been going on, but I`m a fan of the Football club and I will give Kean the benefit of the doubt and see how we play, what our results are, who we bring in, before I make my judgements

The whole basis of some peoples arguments is that we *supposedly* have 5million to spend.

Our owners who by their own admission know naff all aboout football have replaced an experienced manager with a novice midseason, created a mutinous dressing room, have agents running transfer policy and have neutered accomplished executives. The club is in utter chaos.

But it's ok because the owners who seemingly have little cash have said we can buy a player in January. Completely worth risking the whole club's future for.

Sorry but "having money to spend" means very little to me when everything else is so rotten.

We had lots of money to spend in 98/99 as I recall, but we had managers who were terrible at spending it.

We've had very little to spend this year but kept our heads well above water. Had the same management team been in charge we arguably wouldve finished this month in the top half again with the run of games this month.

We won't even get as much as 98/99 this time, especially in relation to how much the teams around us can spend.

Christ, which 6 people plussed this steaming pile of turd?

We have Venky's who have so far pledged us the princely sum of £5 million. Great. With a manager who has never spent money and agents with vested interests pulling the strings.

We've sacked a very good manager who wouldve kept us up and had us probably in the top half again.

We've now signed a novice, and there's absolutely NO indication he's capable of keeping a very average squad up.

If Kean does not do well, which half decent manager in their right mind would want to take over a club with crackpot owners which is hurtling towards the drop? If we just about beat the drop, again who in their right mind is going to want to manage relegation candidates with crackpot owners? Maybe we might get Dave Jones?

Do you think Mike Ashley threw hundreds of millions at Newcastle to mess around?

Do you think the practically dozens of owners Pompey had threw money to mess around?

No, but they ruined their clubs anyway, Newcastle have come back up but no thanks to Ashley and he's messing things up once more by Pardew. So really that argument is redundant too.

You ask why the negativity and tell people to chill the f**k out?

I think you need to wake the f**k up mate.

1. Venkys have said that we will spend more than £5 million in January. Desai has also said that we will spend a substantial amount for the next three years, it is documented and she has said it.

2. Every agent has a vested interest, difference being in our case we should have people wanting the very best to arrive at our club, otherwise it is not worth while.

3. Agreed, Sam would have kept us, playing the most dire brand of football seen at Ewood for many a year- not my words but of people who go on a regular basis.

4. He is respected by the players and by his peers. His selling point to the owners would have been that he will get the squad playing "attractive football and win." He is also qualified (something the likes of Ince were not), even so I agree a gamble.

5. There are 20 PL clubs which realistically means there are about 4-5 jobs a YEAR available, the question would be which person would turn it down!

6. Ashley bought the club then virtually straight away has been trying to sell it, I have not seen millions thrown at the club- after he purchased it. Pompey, well, they were bought on debt which was then piled on the club, cant compare now- hopefully never.

Venkys deserve a chance, they have invested over £50 million to purchase our great club, fans talking of protests after 4 weeks is premature, though it is a view that I respect.

Time now for all Venkypeople to say nothing until the end of the season.

No leaked links to potential new managers or signings.

No plans for the future.

Just let the players and manager get on with keeping us in the league we are in.

Let's try to get some respectability back.

Thank you

What is the reaction going to be if we lose the next 2 fixtures? Let's face it, I'm not confident of winning either of these games, against Stoke and WBA we have to be picking up pts, having a guy with no experience is crazy, if we win the next 2 I'd be amazed and Steve would be a hero. God football is mental!

I'd of thought Big Sam would of targeted 6pts from West Ham, Stoke, WBA, let's see how many we get.

Archived