BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

Whilst most of the board is feeling depressed lets all share a thought for philipl.

He finally got something correct.

He is probably dancing round his room shouting "YES!!!!" right about now overjoyed that after years of guesses one has finally happened.

Well done sir.

Sadly, you will see I have got a lot right. And I am utterly miserable because the club I have supported for 50 years looks doomed right now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst most of the board is feeling depressed lets all share a thought for philipl.

He finally got something correct.

He is probably dancing round his room shouting "YES!!!!" right about now overjoyed that after years of guesses one has finally happened.

Well done sir.

Personally, I think he's making himself a tinfoil hat and preparing to stand outside the nearest supermarket declaring that Jerome Anderson is one of those alien lizards David Icke talks about, and he is part of some conspiricy to enslave all humanity.

At least that's the impression I get from recent posts.

Anyone who wants to walk out on us in our hour of need can go. They don't deserve our support. There isn't a single one of them we haven't had to put up with utter dross from at one time or another, but we still turned up and carried on paying their wages.

Footballers really are scum.

What a load of rubbish.

Samba has got rave reviews whilst he's been at Rovers and been recognised as our star player, but has never spoken a word out of turn as long he's been playing at a club with sensible owners and which is being run in a dignified manner.

Sure he's getting big wages but then no more than the average Premier League player gets surely.

But if something rotten is going on at this club then he's got every right to want out. He didn't grow up supporting Rovers like the rest of us did he?

If he quit over wanting more money then that'd be one thing. But wanting out because he disagrees with whats going on at the club is a perfectly valid decision and one that's made with the heart and the head rather than the wallet.

Our own captain kicking us when we're down will never be acceptable, no matter what the circumstances. If he wanted to leave then that would be one thing, but he could do so with dignity, by talking to the club and dealing with things in private. Giving quotes of this type to a national tabloid is completely unacceptable, at a time when we need solidarity more than ever.

He's done it this way to put himself in the shop window. There's no way this can be seen as a positive thing for BRFC, our captain is supposed to be a leader and ambassador.

Our own captain kicking us when we're down will never be acceptable, no matter what the circumstances. If he wanted to leave then that would be one thing, but he could do so with dignity, by talking to the club and dealing with things in private. Giving quotes of this type to a national tabloid is completely unacceptable, at a time when we need solidarity more than ever.

He's done it this way to put himself in the shop window. There's no way this can be seen as a positive thing for BRFC, our captain is supposed to be a leader and ambassador.

He probably doesn't feel it's the same club anymore.

There's plenty of lifelong fans who feel the same.

If he wants a move he's got very legitimate and fair reasons for wanting one IMO, and a lot of what he's saying the fans are thinking.

Only we can't just leave the club like he can, but he's more than entitled to.

Can you be a leader and ambassador of something you no longer believe in, I'd say no, I agree he could have dealt with it better.

If it's true then no doubt Nelsen will be wearing the armband again or Robbo.

You could try. Ask John Williams.

So wait.

You slag Samba off for wanting to leave if his hearts not in it anymore, but you criticise John Williams for staying?

Both of these men have earned the trust of fans over the years.

It's one hell of a tumultuous time right now at Ewood and sticking with Rovers or wanting to find pastures new are both legitimate positions. But neither of them should be attacked when theyre far from being the real villains in the piece.

I feel sorry for every single one of the players, gotta agree with the comments, "can you lead somthing you don't believe in", thing is I don't think Nelsen would be able to either from his comments of the last week. Personally after some of the stories I have heard about the club I have supported since I was 9 years old, I really don't think I want to renew my season ticket next year, even if we stay up under the non existant Walker Trust I would have renewed and renewed even if we ended up in the conference. Im so disheartened about everything.

Ive read a lot about Kentaro on this site and their involvment at the club, I am against their involvment but I can't see were their logic is for destabalising the club like it has been. If anything they need Blackburn Rovers to be successful and in the Premier League, they probably would have recognised that Sam until the end of the season would have been a sensible option then change manager. Venkys seem to have pressed every self destruct button possible, I cannot understand why the 'manager' is in India when the the team needs preparing for one of the biggest games of the season. Why would you sack the man that will guarentee stability against the wishes of what seems every key individual at the club? Even the die hard Sam haters have got to agree that his dismissal was wrong at the wrong time.

What do they want us for? I think its for brand awareness, which is fine but the way things are going now they are going to kill their brand rather than enhannce it.

I feel sorry for every single one of the players, gotta agree with the comments, "can you lead somthing you don't believe in", thing is I don't think Nelsen would be able to either from his comments of the last week. Personally after some of the stories I have heard about the club I have supported since I was 9 years old, I really don't think I want to renew my season ticket next year, even if we stay up under the non existant Walker Trust I would have renewed and renewed even if we ended up in the conference. Im so disheartened about everything.

Ive read a lot about Kentaro on this site and their involvment at the club, I am against their involvment but I can't see were their logic is for destabalising the club like it has been. If anything they need Blackburn Rovers to be successful and in the Premier League, they probably would have recognised that Sam until the end of the season would have been a sensible option then change manager. Venkys seem to have pressed every self destruct button possible, I cannot understand why the 'manager' is in India when the the team needs preparing for one of the biggest games of the season. Why would you sack the man that will guarentee stability against the wishes of what seems every key individual at the club? Even the die hard Sam haters have got to agree that his dismissal was wrong at the wrong time.

What do they want us for? I think its for brand awareness, which is fine but the way things are going now they are going to kill their brand rather than enhannce it.

Sad to say I agree with most of what you've written there Seggie. I can't help wonder if there's some truth in doom-monger-in-chief Philipl's musings. On the leadership point, if some of what we're hearing is true it could be a question of who's left : Andrews for captain?!?!?! The only (fading) light at the end of a very long tunnel that I can see is that EVERY pundit I've heard has had nothing at all good to say about Venky's so what's that doing for their brand if they want to expand it in the UK? Yes they might have some cunning plans to make a few bob out of us but surely they'll be damaging their company's value more? Please someone tell me I'm thinking straight.

Yes, we should all pretend everything is chip and dandy at our club. Don't say anything negative, or it might upset the fans.

I'm sick of hearing people telling our players to shut up because they speak out against the current goings on at the club with good reason. We're not a police state for (Please don't use that word again)'s sake.

Furthermore, I couldn't give a ###### if they were getting paid in pennies or in billions, has absolutely nothing to do with people and their views on things. People are paid what their employers think they're worth, if they're overpaid, it's not the person's fault.

Whether you're paid pennies or billions, dignity costs nothing. Do you honestly believe that Samba doing this in public will get him further with the new owners than doing it in private would have?

Players speaking out is fine, when done correctly. If they want to leave, that's also fine. Our captain putting himself in the shop window by giving a few self serving quotes to a tabloid is most definitely not fine. There's right ways and wrong ways to go about things, every week there is a different footballer showing that they have absolutely no clue what the right way is. Or, as I suspect is more to the point, they just don't care.

Whether you're paid pennies or billions, dignity costs nothing. Do you honestly believe that Samba doing this in public will get him further with the new owners than doing it in private would have?

Players speaking out is fine, when done correctly. If they want to leave, that's also fine. Our captain putting himself in the shop window by giving a few self serving quotes to a tabloid is most definitely not fine. There's right ways and wrong ways to go about things, every week there is a different footballer showing that they have absolutely no clue what the right way is. Or, as I suspect is more to the point, they just don't care.

Talk in private? Apparently to do that you need to fly over to India. If they sack Sam without even so much as a conversation or an explanation as to why, then I doubt Samba would get too far in trying to talk to them.

If Kean is the manager, he deserves our support. So I pledge to try and hold my fire on his appointment for a few games.

First Nelson, then Samba, and now rumors of Robbo all being discontented. Has it occured to anyone that those three are the guts of our defense? I really hope Kean, Kentaro and Venkys know what they are doing. It will certainly be Kean's first test, perhaps even before Stoke.

Why sacked the 3rd most PL experience manager and replace himm with a totally novice. never been a maanger before. Big Sam was the right manager to lead us forward and get us into the top 6 with the right money and signings. Signing Robbie Keane and David Bentley would have improve alot and push us up the league. I think if you given him 30 million pounds to spend, he would get us into the top 6 and play more attacking attractive football.

I dobn't know if people know this, but when Big Sam was sacked at newcastle, he was just about to sign Luka Modric. What a great signing he would have been for them. Modric was talking to Big Sam and was going to sign that day and then He was sacked and newcastle didn't go through with the signing of him!! Idiots!!! Modric is a great player

Why sacked the 3rd most PL experience manager and replace himm with a totally novice. never been a maanger before. Big Sam was the right manager to lead us forward and get us into the top 6 with the right money and signings. Signing Robbie Keane and David Bentley would have improve alot and push us up the league. I think if you given him 30 million pounds to spend, he would get us into the top 6 and play more attacking attractive football.

I dobn't know if people know this, but when Big Sam was sacked at newcastle, he was just about to sign Luka Modric. What a great signing he would have been for them. Modric was talking to Big Sam and was going to sign that day and then He was sacked and newcastle didn't go through with the signing of him!! Idiots!!! Modric is a great player

Most people are aware its a rumour, what has it got to do with his time at Rovers?

Give him £30 million, where the hell will that come from?

Well the new owners seem to be all about self promotion and self interest so why not the players?

I mean truly expecting loyalty from a professional footballer is like asking a whore to tell you she loves you and really mean it.

Archived