BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the person that asked:

I am confident that not only can Venkys not support us in th Championship, they have no desire to. The Premier League money is something like 60% of the core business, without that they will be looking to rid themselves of us and then whoever comes next will have a whole lot of debt to pick up before owning us.

Make no mistake, relegation could easily destroy Blackburn Rovers.

So you pay 40million for something and if it goes tits up, walk away.

So you pay 40million for something and if it goes tits up, walk away.

If it was going to cost that amount again just to keep it afloat, I think most business people would do the same. A championship club are entirely useless to them.

we need the walkers to buy us back and quickly in the summer.

or

Just hope that we stay up and we can survive as a club and get in new owners in the summer. We need a owner who wants rovers for the club and the fanbase. Would help if he was a fan of the club.

Going off the Kean topic however always remember these words: Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce has warned that any prospective buyers of the club need to be completely sure what they are taking on.

They have to make sure they know exactly what they are getting into. The last thing you would want to face as new owners is by finding out it was not quite what they thought which could have a massive effect on how the club is developed and could be a down-side rather than an up-side.

Look like the Big Sam was right then. Best thing the owners could do, is sack SK after today game along with JJ. Then get in a proven PL manager in over the weekend. then hopefully stay up and then in the summer the owners will sell the club to new owners and they will get us back to where we were last season. A top 10 club.

Whatever happens on the managerial and ownership fronts, there is huge work to be done.

This four months of, IMO, madness, will have set us back by at least two years - and that's best case scenario, staying-up!

I think we will be back to selling to balance the books.

IF John Williams was motivated to leave due to the influence of Kentaro (erratic decision making aside), now they are out of the picture, do you think he might be willing to come back and save the club, even if Venky's still own us? Obviously that would require a huge slice of humble pie, but it would be so much better than what is facing us currently.

I am keeping everything crossed for a victory today, and the Walkers feeling as I do - DEVASTATED AND HORRIFIED - and buying us back.

On an aside, I do wish Steve Kean well, I don't blame him. I just think we need greater experience FAST.

I've heard from various people around the town that Howard Walker is most upset by the way things are heading. Does that make a Walker return likely? Probably not but it just rams home what a complete disaster these last few months have been.

Today is a huge day for Steve Kean, he needs to somehow motivate the players to get something against Fulham, if he doesn't then his position will become almost untenable.

I don't think there is a possibility of the Walkers coming back at this stage, I am sure that they are horrified at what is happening at Ewood but nothing to suggest at the moment they are going to do anything about it. I have also heard many things about how none playing side of things at Ewood are all over the place and real concerns that if Rovers are relegated then we are looking at a scenario whereby Rovers would be in huge financial trouble.

I don't think there is a possibility of the Walkers coming back at this stage, I am sure that they are horrified at what is happening at Ewood but nothing to suggest at the moment they are going to do anything about it.

The serious people in the Walker camp generally are opportunists and if they can get Rovers back on their terms, it could happen. Venkys are looking down an expensive barrel of a business that they don't understand - on occasions in business, you have to cut your losses and run.

Giving Kean the 3 and a half year deal has buggared us up because if we sack him we lose one of the best COACHES around, thus having to replace our entire management and coaching staff. I mean he isn't going to take a demotion is he? I'd hope he would step down if asked and let someone else man the sails. But if we were to simply lose him and Jensen then our backroom staff would be virtually none existent. This is one of my many fears. Had he simply been given charge just temporarily or til the end of the season we'd be in less of a mess.

Also what half decent experienced manager who could actually do a job would come to rovers?!

Jesus, are people more than happy if we get relegated and get resold to the Trust rather then keeping our Premiership status under Venkys. Level of paranoia...

Regardless, Kean may be out of his depth but the Raos would have the gumption to sack him before things become insurmountable. Plus our squad, even with recent mediocre showings, would still be strong enough not to finish in the bottom . A win today and we can still be in the top half of the table.

Sometimes I wonder if its Blackburn Rovers some of you are concerned about, what i'm getting is that instead, people are harbouring the misguided hope that the club gets back to 'proper' 'local' owners again.

Venkys are naive and will learn. Relax.

Giving Kean the 3 and a half year deal has buggared us up because if we sack him we lose one of the best COACHES around,

I think that is a complete myth.

Compare his record and influence against illuminaries such as Malcolm Allison (the coach and not manager), Brian Kidd (@ United), Ray Harford (the coach and not manager) and more recently Steve Clarke.

What has he achieved of note ? Who, of note, pursued him (IMO, the Chelsea 'thing' was more from a linguistic angle in order to help Scolari who was very much a coach rather than manager).

Kean, IMO, got lucky at Rovers, in allegedly dubious circumstances, after Sam rescued him from his period without a job.

I think that is a complete myth.

Compare his record and influence against illuminaries such as Malcolm Allison (the coach and not manager), Brian Kidd (@ United), Ray Harford (the coach and not manager) and more recently Steve Clarke.

What has he achieved of note ? Who, of note, pursued him (IMO, the Chelsea 'thing' was more of a linguistic angle in order to help Scolari who was very much a coach rather than manager).

Kean, IMO, got lucky at Rovers, in allegedly dubious circumstances, after Sam rescued him from his period without a job.

I should have said apparently and emphasised it. But I'm just going off what I've heard. Be it myth or not I don't know.

I'm not sure Kean's contract was extended further than this summer, if you listen to him on Sky Goals on Sunday last week he mentions it getting extended from 3/4 games to the rest of the season, but didn't talk about it going further than that.

I know Mrs D mentioned getting him to stay for a few years, but I'm not sure he's actually signed it.

I'm not sure Kean's contract was extended further than this summer, if you listen to him on Sky Goals on Sunday last week he mentions it getting extended from 3/4 games to the rest of the season, but didn't talk about it going further than that.

I know Mrs D mentioned getting him to stay for a few years, but I'm not sure he's actually signed it.

Unless the Venkeys have spirited it away and shredded it I bet he damned well has! His agent will have seen to that. :glare: Whether they have signed their bit might be more open to conjecture.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9368705.stm

"I am delighted to commit my future to Rovers at the start of what I see as a massively exciting new era' date=' the owners have shown great faith in me and I will do all I can to repay them. This is a great opportunity for me and I intend to grasp it with both hands."

[/quote']

"We have great confidence in Steve' date=' someone who impresses us with his work ethic, enthusiasm, positivity and football philosophy. We feel that the playing squad is in very safe and capable hands and we look forward to working with him. [b']Stability is very important to us and this contract is further evidence of our desire to achieve such stability at the club[/b]."

Is sarcasm an Indian trait?

Archived