BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mirror reckons Rovers only value Samba at £6m. Very confused reporting.

The Independent's list of Rovers' targets is Keane, RSC, Adam, Oriol from Barca and Jones from Wolves.

Looks like a list picked from recent articles in the Mirrror/People.

I'd hope there is at least one exciting name in the frame.

Kean did say the other day because of injuries the players would have to be experienced, I assume he meant by that currently/recently in the Prem.

Optimistic I know (must be the new year alcohol) but if we could (,doubtful) I would love to see us try for Ivan Rakitic

Rakitic could well be coming to the North West.

5 Playmakers for us to look at http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/5-playmakers-for-Blackburn-Rovers-/12779/

Anyone know anything about any of them?

Formica is meant to be joining Galatasaray next week.Catania nearly signed him in the Summer.

The Ukrainian lad had a trial at a few Italian clubs 2-3 years back.

Misimovic is meant to be off to russia last i heard.Meant to be going backwards.

Spanish lad interesting Napoli.

Dutch fella no idea.

Formica is meant to be joining Galatasaray next week.Catania nearly signed him in the Summer.

Misimovic is meant to be off to russia last i heard.Meant to be going backwards.

Dutch fella no idea.

Roberto, any news regarding Pedersons Norwegian friend Erik Huseklepp ?

5 Playmakers for us to look at http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/5-playmakers-for-Blackburn-Rovers-/12779/

Anyone know anything about any of them?

Willwm Janssen is good player from what ive seen on ESPN. Good passer of the ball and can score from midfield, something we lack, goals from centre midfield.

When it comes to players playing "in the hole", you can have two different types of players; you can have an attacking midfielder (i.e in the mould of Dunn, Lampard, Iniesta) or you can have a second striker (Totti, Zola); imo we should be looking at the latter as our big-money signing. I say that because I believe it gives us more flexibility. Basically we can play a 4-2-3-1 like that, but can easily switch to a 4-4-2 by having him play further forward and have the wingers drop back. A player like that would often also be a decent option on the wing, and while not ideally suited for the role, would at least be a better option than Samba up front when injuries and suspensions hit. Whereas a Dunn type of player doesn't really fit into a 4-4-2, and isn't an ideal wing player. So I'm looking at it in the sense that we need to look at how the player fits into the squad; we don't want a bloated squad so flexibility is key.

For the central midfield slot I feel that when fit we already have players who can do the ball-winner role in Jones, Grella and N'Zonzi. To play alongside them we'd then want a Tugay/Pirlo/Xabi Alonso type of player; who sits deep but whos primary role isn't defending but keeping possession, dictating tempo, allowing our attacking players to get into position and then feed them the ball. Should be a decent tackler too of course, but primarily it's the positioning that matters defensively, denying runs from midfield.

I believe those two should be the main priorities this window. In the summer I'd expect an overhaul to our strikeforce; Roberts and Benjani leaving. Leaving us with Kalinic + the second striker + Mame/new striker + new striker. Those strikers should be more traditional strikers. But now in January, I don't think we need that striker.

We do need a winger, but I'd look at a loan now in January and instead focus most of the budget we have on the first two positions I mentioned. We at least have the numbers at these positions, albeit not the quality we want.

I'd also be looking at a left back. Which in turn would give us four central defenders (Givet, Nelsen, Samba, Hanley), and allow Olsson to play in midfield if needed.

Those are the signings I'd like to see. In the summer we'd be looking at the abovementioned strikers, winger(s), a ball-winning midfielder and a right back.

If Sam left his filofax behind, now's the time to make the call.

Korea is in the off season at the moment. He uses both feet, plays with his head up and looks like he is up t the physical challenge.

I went to Asian last year, most of them are only 4 ft tall, I looked like Andre the Giant to them just much better looking.

Probably why they have problems physically.

I went to Asian last year, most of them are only 4 ft tall, I looked like Andre the Giant to them just much better looking.

Probably why they have problems physically.

Park Ji Sung has been particularly goood for Man U this season. Speak to any Bolton fan and they will rave about how much Lee Cheong Yong is progressing.

There is a lot more protection for the slighter players these days meaning there is a spot in most midfields for a little magician like Gu Ja Cheol

Dutch fella no idea.

The north west of Europe mainland maybe

Why do we need a centre half? Probably our strongest position in squad depth with Nelsen, Samba, Jones, Givet, Hanley.

We need midfielders and strikers!

Nelsen's getting on and Samba probably won't be at the club much longer.

£1.5m for Wheater is a steal, IMO. Hardly going to eat into the transfer fund... is it?

I agree around a central defender with the likes of Nelsen getting on abit - however would only want to see us spend a small amount - therefore Wheater at £1.5m would be a good deal.

How about Matt Jarvis at Wolves? Wouldnt mind him

Or Rodallega at Wigan? They both may cost a decent sum - but both have prem experience and both seem to be going places.

Nelsen's getting on and Samba probably won't be at the club much longer.

£1.5m for Wheater is a steal, IMO. Hardly going to eat into the transfer fund... is it?

but no one has left nelsen has a couple of years in him.....kinda pointless he'd just replace khizs future vacancy that doesnt need replacing. Not exactly a world beater we can't let slip through our fingers.

just blow everything on a cm and a striker ffs the rest can sort themselves out after that.

Not sure why Wheater is so highly rated by some. He's young and English and cheap but wasn't that good last time he was in the Prem and I haven't seen him much this season but Middlesborough haven't been great in the Championship.

Archived