BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One or two minor updates.

BA...Hoffenheim sacked their manager tonight...but they are also selling two players and don't need the cash...the price is ridiculous...£7 million or so...time to move on.

Ragnick resigned because hoffenheim sold luiz gustavo (to bayern) without his consent (or even knowledge)

Has Samba seen us play this season? I'll be surprised if anyone of any remote talent wants to take the plunge....

Not a Houllier fan then are you?

I find him really drab and totally uninspiring, he always looks at deaths door too, him and Hodgson could do with a few weeks in Amsterdam.

Not a Houllier fan then are you?

I find him really drab and totally uninspiring, he always looks at deaths door too, him and Hodgson could do with a few weeks in Amsterdam.

Ha, funny you say, I actually am a Houllier fan, one of the very few who is fully behind him, it's our overpaid average bad attitudes that I want to see the back of, not the manager.

BA...Hoffenheim sacked their manager tonight...but they are also selling two players and don't need the cash...the price is ridiculous...£7 million or so...time to move on.

ROMEU...Aston Villa think he is joining them on Monday...they are back on for him because French kid Fofana knocked them back...told he is on the Rovers list but as an alternative to somebody...home they get that somebody then...shame to lose him for nowt.

SAMBA...Villa recalling Dunne tomorrow...very odd...think they will increase 'offer' for Samba soon after...as long as Houllier survives.

Anything new on Osvaldo?

Fofana surely was the second choice to Romeu, similar age same position, One on a loan the other on a contract. No?.

Read Forfana was around 800k fee, take it he wanted a big wadge.

ROMEU...Aston Villa think he is joining them on Monday...they are back on for him because French kid Fofana knocked them back...told he is on the Rovers list but as an alternative to somebody...home they get that somebody then...shame to lose him for nowt.

SAMBA...Villa recalling Dunne tomorrow...very odd...think they will increase 'offer' for Samba soon after...as long as Houllier survives.

Is Ba worth 7 million pounds tho? What happen to his move to WHU? why don't we put a bid of 5 million pounds for?

Can't see samba going to villa. would be a sideway move for him. Villa are going nowhere under Houllier.

• Backroom

Papers saying Bentley set for Newcastle move as Beckham deal to Spurs is close.

We should be all over that if the price is right, would hate to see him succeed there

Don`t agree to much with that Le Chuck - LB isn`t a priority for me, if you analyse the games, you will notice that Left Back has no protection from Left Midfield, ever since Pedders moved inside, they have no protection and we are being unstuck by it, its not the Left backs fault IMO, but thye are looking bad because of it.

I thinjk Pedders needs to move back to the left of midfield, Steie Warnock was more suited to central mid than Pedders !

I didn't mention left back at all?

I still maintain this window will be the same as the last 3 or 4..........uninspiring!

I mean if you're a decent player would you want to come to Rovers at the moment?

We are a shambles on and off the field!

The whole sacking of Big Sam was, I'd agree with you on that. On the field, I don't know. Not 100% sure on Kean at the moment, how he manages the players etc.

Attracting quality players to our club will always be the same, small town club and what not.

Ha, you're becoming famous Nicko.

Samba thing, this is all really strange, Houllier has just said Dunne and Ireland have been impressing in training and have a chance of a future here, I get the impression Dunne will start tomorrow, to then go and offer for Samba for me is going to cause another bust-up with Dunne.

We should try to get Dunne back on form, and sell Warnock as he is the big problem in our backline, I fully expect and welcome his ommision from the squad tomorrow, and to think I was happy to spend 8m on us, you guys are laughing all the way to the bank :(

Can we even afford Samba. I'd be surprised if we can commit 8-10m for a transfer in a position where we have Dunne/Collins/Clark/Cuellar.

This month is vital I hope though after Venkys promised we don't need to sell anyone we don't let samba leave otherwise we will struggle. Nicko apart from Ba which other strikers are on that list I have to say the priority should be to strengthen midfield & attack I think defence can maybe wait till the summer but with injuries & suspensions to many midfielders & strikers that has to be priority anything else is a bonus one player I would like to see don the blue and white halves is the SA midfielder tsabalala.

Archived