BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

Did you ever consider that Sidwell and Bentley were not a priority for Kean?

Or should we sign every single player that the fans like and are transfered to other teams?

If so, we missed out on Julio Baptista

"

The point is, who was Priority for Kean, he knows who they are so why as I stated earlier, havent we been on the ball and moved more quickly?

Taking time is fine if we dont have targets, but the targets were listed, Kean said so himself.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have a sneaky feeling we may well go in for Seb Larsson in the next couple of days.

Do we really need a right winger? Hoilett looks good there, Diouf has had a good season as well. We've got Emerton beyond that.

Sidwell was never an option by the way. He didn't even leave London when he was at Villa, it was no secret he wanted to return. Wolves could have offered him a similar arrangement, but there is no way he would have gone any further north.

i just wish our club wud do acctually do what it's been telling us. there is to much himing and haming about whats going on. nothing should be said till everything is sorted and contracts signed. thats whats really pi*sing off the fans all these empty promises

for the first time in years we are being told that we have target and some are even being mentioned

no promises made, just being told what is going on behind the scenes

would you prefer to know nothing and then we suddenly sign someone? I know I prefer it this way...

I do have a sneaky feeling we may well go in for Seb Larsson in the next couple of days.

I was chatting to my Brum fan mate and obviously he is delighted with Bentley but says Larsson is such a talented player and one who could be very good for us if we can get him to concentrate on playing, rather than the inflated ego he gained when he had that brilliant season a few back. A change of scenery will do him he world of good.

I know there are language differences but having Mrs Desai talking about the Duff signing was just wrong - according to Hughes we have not even contacted Fulham about it.

I read omething earlier from Hughes which said he believed there had been contact but he wouldn't take the call as there was nothing to discuss. Duff is a key part of the Fulham project and is staying (so much for those who say he is past it)

for the first time in years we are being told that we have target and some are even being mentioned

no promises made, just being told what is going on behind the scenes

would you prefer to know nothing and then we suddenly sign someone? I know I prefer it this way...

We've been told they will try to get players in asap yet we have made no bids. there was ment to be 2 new faces before the QPR game . i just saying wait till it's a strong thing before talking to the press.

The point is, who was Priority for Kean, he knows who they are so why as I stated earlier, havent we been on the ball and moved more quickly?

How do you know what exactly is going on behind the scenes? As I have stated before, we dont want the name's of all our targets been made public, it opens up a bidding war, and inflates the prices of players.

JW is handling the domestic transfers, and he normally goes about this in a professional manner, nothing will be made public until a deal is agreed, pretty much how it should be.

In regards to any transfer Venkys are handling, well no doubt it will be posted on their Facebook account, so just keep checking on there.

Come on guys, lets just try and be patient, I agree it can be frustrating, and there is uncertainty on how much we will actually have to spend, but lets just wait and see.

As it's been mentioned many of times already, hardly any deals are done in the first couple of weeks of the transfer window.

I'm confident by the end of January we will have at least 3 new players.

I think alot of the posts on here in the last couple of days show how desperate we are to see a couple of signings of players that will STRENGTHEN the squad. This is the difference in this window compared to the last few years under the Trust, in that we have money to spend and don't need to sell first (if you take the Venky vision at face value). I know we are all impatient, but as has been pointed out it is only 7th Jan and no league game for a week. Plenty of time to bring the RIGHT players in - I just hope that is what we do!!

Clearly another forward, at least 1 if not 2 midfielders and a defender (probably to cover the likely Samba exit) are what we need. Not massively excited by the names mentioned on here as being probables, but they will give us more depth and if play to their potential they will be better than what we have got (RSC, Adam, Duff). Its a shame Bellamy isn't up for a return to Ewood

A Dutch 11 o'clocker [because there is little to report apart from denied targets].

DUFF...there was an inquiry straight to Mark Hughes which was quickly rebuffed...I think that is what the manager means by 'moving on' from a target...past tense now.

BENTLEY...never was a target.

SIDWELL...never was a target...why should he have been?...always wanted London...got Fulham in the end...good luck to the lad.

RUCHINA...been with a Spanish expert this evening who tells me the Barca striker is decent...he has been understudy to Bolton's on-loan Rodrigo throughout the international youth teams...if he is half as good as the Bolton boy he will be good...doesn't sound like one for the first team, to be fair.

ADAM...rumbling on...quite afew clubs keeping an eye on that...Rovers have a pretty good chance...but no counting chickens [not used that line for a while].

RESSIES...loads in shop window on Monday...some in squad tomorrow.

I can't see what all the fuss is about. We will sign some players this month, I like the fact that they have let JW look after the domestic stuff. This man knows how to go about his business, make no mistake about that.

I think there are a few publicised targets & we do have some cash to spend, but we are being public about the £5m thing to try and ensure we dont get price raped on the players we want. I don't agree with how the Rao's have gone about the business of recruiting new players thus far, but have you noticed that they haven't really said much for the last 2/3 days, even though we beat Liverpool the other night. I hope that they have learned their lesson with regards to the British media, and only open their mouths when it's appropriate.

I'm not hopeful of a "Marquee" signing anytime soon, but believe that we will get one eventually as the owners seem to have the bit between the teeth on that one.

It is of paramount importance that we strengthen the midfield, Nikola Drincic from Lokomotiv Moscow would be a player I'd like us to look at, also we need look for some good deals on some defenders, both full back positions are up for grabs for me, Richards from City would be a good bet if they could persuade him to come, but I've no idea on any good left backs, I like Givet there, but I don't think it will be long before he goes back to France. If there was the possibility of a good stiker I'd only take it if the player would improve the squad vastly, I can't wait to see Mame Diouf & Niko Kalinic up top again, and even Benjani looked good there the other night.

It will be panic stations if we are still in the same boat 3 weeks from tonight, but for the moment, we need to chill out & wait to see what they come up with.

Don't EVER put a sad face next to Simon Garner again :angry2:

Eh? Garner in any capacity on the coaching staff would be a total disaster.

I don't care if he had a decent record in the lower leagues for, scoring something like 1 goal in every 4/5 games, he would be an absolutely awful appointment on the coaching team.

Read in tonight's Telegraph a random paragraph about Beckham wanting to be the England Assistant Manager if Stroke Boy ever gets the big job.

If he WAS thinking about going into coaching...

Now that Dzeko has completed his 27m move to City (SSN), can we see the likes of Santa Cruz and other City players get shoved out asap?

Man City have been trying to sell or get fully-paid loans for several players for weeks. This is an instruction from HQ.

But they are slowly realising how hard that is.

Given, Bridge, SWP, Lescott, Roque...all huge earners they want to move out. But nobody can afford them

The Roque thing is even more difficult because Rovers had their strides down when they got £15 million-plus for a player with bad knees.

Now Rovers want him back - with City paying a chunk of his wages for the privilege - when City think there is a small chance that Lazio would take him and Roque would uproot and go.

City have been dreaming about getting their unwanted men moved out. It's just a question of when they wake up.

ADAM...rumbling on...quite afew clubs keeping an eye on that...Rovers have a pretty good chance...but no counting chickens [not used that line for a while].

Nicko sorry for the questions but why are you so confident that Rovers have a good chance on Adam, when we haven't made a bid yet and Holloway says he won't sell to anyone not in the top 4.

Also, do you think Samba will play tomorrow or can be convinced to stay by Kean at least till the end of the season? He looked extremely happy on Wednesday

Thank you

Eh? Garner in any capacity on the coaching staff would be a total disaster.

I don't care if he had a decent record in the lower leagues for, scoring something like 1 goal in every 4/5 games, he would be an absolutely awful appointment on the coaching team.

Read in tonight's Telegraph a random paragraph about Beckham wanting to be the England Assistant Manager if Stroke Boy ever gets the big job.

If he WAS thinking about going into coaching...

ooops... prepare for the backlash!

Simon Garner is Legend :brfc:

Nicko sorry for the questions but why are you so confident that Rovers have a good chance on Adam, when we haven't made a bid yet and Holloway says he won't sell to anyone not in the top 4.

Also, do you think Samba will play tomorrow or can be convinced to stay by Kean at least till the end of the season? He looked extremely happy on Wednesday

Thank you

Once the Adam thing is settled I will go through some things. Right now, it's probably best that we just watch it unfold.

Samba probably has to play tomorrow because of lack of bodies. But the Villa thing is still live. More details about that could emerge soon.

Sorry to box clever on that, but there are tales to be written on Sunday.

I hope.

• Backroom

RESSIES...loads in shop window on Monday...some in squad tomorrow.

Do they want rid of Linganzi? He never seems to get a shot and even an out of position Morris was used instead on him on Wednesday, he looked good against Norwich early in the season

Once the Adam thing is settled I will go through some things. Right now, it's probably best that we just watch it unfold.

Samba probably has to play tomorrow because of lack of bodies. But the Villa thing is still live. More details about that could emerge soon.

Sorry to box clever on that, but there are tales to be written on Sunday.

I hope.

Hopefully they are good tales Nicko and don't make the club a laughing stock. In your opinion how many will we sign?

Archived