BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that's the case. I do know that our owners were genuinely under the impression that £5,000,000 was a large amount of money. I've heard that there have been lots of arguments in the past few weeks (From 5 or 6 different people.)

I'm considering everything as a rumour until February 1st.

Even to the most naive newcomer to football, lifting any newspaper in the world or even looking at the fees agents charge ;) would tell them that their impression needed re-accessing.

I do know that our owners were genuinely under the impression that £5,000,000 was a large amount of money.

Then what on earth do they think £20m on Ronaldinho is ?!?!

Too many inconsistencies with all this.

Something clearly doesn't add-up and I feel another damp squib.

So if we loan RSC with the suggested 50/50 wage share deal, he'll cost us c. £1M until the end of the season. With the £4M we could get a c. £3,5M player for c. £30k/w. Assuming the £5M needs to last until the end of the season. Yippee.

SSN confirming Bentley is going to have a medical at birmingham, and signing Kenny Miller.

I find it incredible that we have not challenged Birmingham for Bentley. Surely (egos aside for one minute) we are a better option than them?

Weird

Assistant Manager - Venky's and/or Steve Kean seem quite keen on the 'old boys' links, so maybe...Alan Shearer? Tugay?

Probably end up with Simon Garner :(

Shearer doesn't seem to have any fondness for us whatsoever, so hopefully not! He even said he hoped we go down on MOTD a couple of years ago, wtf?? I really hope he never returns, although I idolised him when he was here.

It's looking like the £5,000,000 is being assigned for players AND wages.

So a £2,000,000 transfer fund?

I have never wanted information to be wrong so much in my life.

PATHETIC ! they should have bought a championship club :angry2:

I find it incredible that we have not challenged Birmingham for Bentley. Surely (egos aside for one minute) we are a better option than them?

Weird

How are we exactly a better option? Because of the six points we're ahead of them in the table?

Shearer doesn't seem to have any fondness for us whatsoever, so hopefully not! He even said he hoped we go down on MOTD a couple of years ago, wtf?? I really hope he never returns, although I idolised him when he was here.

I remember hearing about him saying that. Can you recall in what context he said it / why he said it?

It's looking like the £5,000,000 is being assigned for players AND wages.

So a £2,000,000 transfer fund?

I have never wanted information to be wrong so much in my life.

It will be wrong!!

They expect Adam will cost around £3m alone + Wages (minimum £20k a week)

RSC loan - would probably cost £40k (minimum) a week

Barca striker on loan - wages

Duff would cost minimum a couple of million + £30k a week +

More scare mongering about Venkys not having money...predictable.

You would have thought offering £7m a season in wages to one player alone would have made people realise £5m isnt massive money to Venkys.

Like someone else said - why gloat you have a big budget to spend? Especially if we plan on dealing with clubs like Spurs for Bentley..or take a new clubs main man off them (Adam)

I love the scare mongering posts which get posted on here at times. Nobody knows how much we have to spend, let alone anyone who posts on this message board.

It bemuses me, how people still think there are no funds available, when there are the points -

Fact - We were trying to get Ronnie on a deal worth 20million, and as Steve Kean has confirmed today, we havnt given up hope yet.

Fact - Steve Kean mentioned after his trip to India there would be at least 10million to spend

Fact - Steve Kean confirmed today that we are looking to bring in 3-4 players

I dont think I have ever been so sick and tired of hearing/reading the word 5 million.

Sorry JAL wasnt aware that you had access to their bank details and savings.... Oh wait..... You don't. You're making a post based on one post on a message board!!

BPF has been pretty reliable so do you not believe him or is it a case of simply not wanting to believe him or do you think hes winding everyone up. We shall see, but even BPF hopes hes wrong somehow though theres no evidence to believe to the contrary.

Fact - We were trying to get Ronnie on a deal worth 20million, and as Steve Kean has confirmed today, we havnt given up hope yet.

Fact - Steve Kean mentioned after his trip to India there would be at least 10million to spend

Fact - Steve Kean confirmed today that we are looking to bring in 3-4 players

Hang on...

It's a fact that someone at the club said those things. It cannot be claimed those events are facts though because we have no idea.

Archived