BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that's the case. I do know that our owners were genuinely under the impression that £5,000,000 was a large amount of money. I've heard that there have been lots of arguments in the past few weeks (From 5 or 6 different people.)

I'm considering everything as a rumour until February 1st.

I can't believe for one minute that they thought £5m was a lot of money for transfers. They were advised by football agents - who should know what transfers cost. Surely you don't fork out millions on a football club without knowing the detail of what you are taking on. I would be disappointed in the extreme if the Trust sold the club to buyers with such a flawed business plan.

Could it be that Steve Kean and John Williams have told them to stop mouthing off about how much money we have to spend and who we are buying ? Surely the thought that our owners have money is making it more difficult for JW to necogiate reasonable fees - especially in January when we have an injury crisis.

To be honest we won't know the truth until the end of January - then will be the time to either panic or praise our generous owners (while praying any transfers are from their own money - and not putting the club at risk).

BPF has been pretty reliable so do you not believe him or is it a case of simply not wanting to believe him or do you think hes winding everyone up. We shall see, but even BPF hopes hes wrong somehow though theres no evidence to believe to the contrary.

It could be a deliberate leak ? As you say BPF is only relaying what he has been told.

Hang on...

It's a fact that someone at the club said those things. It cannot be claimed those events are facts though because we have no idea.

I would certainly take Steve Keans word over anyone's post on a message board. He has been pretty honest in his interviews so far.

I dont think any club would ever make it public how much exactly they will have to spend.

If you choose to believe we only have 5million to spend, thats up to you, and who ever else, personally I would rather listen to what I hear from out manager, who has nothing to gain, and everything to loose by telling porkies in interviews.

Just as i was typing, Kean was on SSN, saying we are still trying to get Ronnie, and we are looking to bring in 3 or 4 players.

I'm certainly not having a go at BPF, I respect his posts, and I believe he may have heard that 5million is all we have, but from what we have been told by the manager of our football club, it would have to be a lot more than that.

Nicko,sorry for having to ask, but have you heard anything to support this post that 5million is all we have got. Personally I believe its utter garbage.

Luca Toni news - signed for Juve?

Pathetic, we should be all over that we're a bigger club than them, what have they ever won ;)

Bentley wouldn´t come back. Larsson could be on his way out now. Assistant manager guessing, Henning Berg.

Larsson doesn't seem happy with Newcastle so if Bentley arrives it could leave us with a chance to make a play for him. I think he would be a good purchase with only a few months left on his contract and a lot of potential.

More scare mongering about Venkys not having money...predictable.

Well until they spend anything on players then people are going to wonder.

It bemuses me, how people still think there are no funds available, when there are the points -

Fact - We were trying to get Ronnie on a deal worth 20million, and as Steve Kean has confirmed today, we havnt given up hope yet.

Fact - Steve Kean mentioned after his trip to India there would be at least 10million to spend

Fact - Steve Kean confirmed today that we are looking to bring in 3-4 players

Fact 1 - Only ever confirmed by Mrs Desai. Milan have had no contact from us (which you could expect). Ronaldinho himself has never mentioned us. Smoke and Mirrors?

Fact 2 - Venky's change their tune every day

Fact 3 - Steve Kean said we'd have signed 2 by the game tomorrow and that looks as likely as me pulling Cheryl Cole.

It's only the 7th Jan but I just thought we would have at least tested the water with some offers for our targets, who were targets under the previous manager so the background work should have been done. Just all feels a little strange to me and I'll be very happy if/when Venky's have pulled £10m out on players.

More scare mongering about Venkys not having money...predictable.

You would have thought offering £7m a season in wages to one player alone would have made people realise £5m isnt massive money to Venkys.

Like someone else said - why gloat you have a big budget to spend? Especially if we plan on dealing with clubs like Spurs for Bentley..or take a new clubs main man off them (Adam)

I could offer Ronaldinho 7m to come and play for my saturday side. Just cos I have offered it doesn't mean I have the money. Venky's put the bid in knowing full well that he wouldn't come. Even if he decided to speak to Kean I bet there would be some other reason why we wouldn't sign him (ie. Kean has looked him in the eye and he doesn't have the hunger).

I've been hanging off posting for a few days but I'm sure these guys have little/no money. The gloating of a budget around the Ronaldinho/Beckham circus was for publicity purposes only, and to be honest it worked.

What is betting that Birmingham/anyone else bid more for Adam that we are 'willing to pay' and we don't sign Duff because Fulham refuse to sell him (even though we will probably never put a bid in). We might sign Roque back but it will certainly only be a loan.

I can't express how much I hope I am wrong but I guess we will see as the window plays out.

Nicko,sorry for having to ask, but have you heard anything to support this post that 5million is all we have got. Personally I believe its utter garbage.

I have a lot of time for BPF and I don't doubt the sincerity of his posting.

I do wonder about who is putting this latest 'line' out.

There have been many similar downbeat tales and certain suspicions about where they are coming from.

If it ever came to light that someone was trying to mix it there would surely be some severe consequences.

They have said £5m minimum several times, haven't they?

Let's just hope this is the case. It isn't easy to take much belief from what they say, granted. But they've assured SK so let's just hope it is accurate.

Did they not say they would ecide a budget after seeing the player list?

Perhaps the three Kean signings are crap and not worth more than £5 mil?

I could offer Ronaldinho 7m to come and play for my saturday side. Just cos I have offered it doesn't mean I have the money. Venky's put the bid in knowing full well that he wouldn't come.

So they wanted MEGA media interest only to turn around & it turned out we couldnt afford?!?! To then look absolutely stupid to EVERYONE, including the fans that already were against them?? :lol: Where did you make that one up from. :blink:

Seriously the Jan window is usually VERY SLOW....and nothing tends to happen until the last few days, the only thing I think they have done wrong is for Kean to say "he plans on doing it all at the beginning", the sensible thing to do is to wait & get the right players for the right price.

personally I would rather listen to what I hear from out manager, who has nothing to gain, and everything to loose by telling porkies in interviews.

I too believe he is honest, but I think he doesn't know details either.

He's not involved with the Ronaldinho thing, that's something Venky's are doing on their own. He has said in an interview that he was told "a minimum of 5 years", and that'll he'll just push to try and get more than that.

Basically he only knows what Venky's tell him, and we have no reason to trust them yet.

Bentley signed for Brum on loan!! FFS

I would have loved him to be back here.

Have we been paid all of the money we sold him for or could we potentially miss out on any money due to certain contract clauses not being met with him joining another team and potentially being able to leave permanently at the end of the season?

On this 'budget' thing...

ROQUE...at the very cheapest you would still have to pay close to £2 million in wages to get him on loan.

ADAM...if the price goes to £3 million you would also have his wages on top for - say, three-and-a-half years, which would be £4.5 million or so.

SAMBA OUT/COLLINS IN...you would actually make money on the settlement...possibly £2 million or slightly more...wages would be similar.

Let's say those are the three deals done [i think there will be more] that would mean a 'net' figure of around £7.5 million.

But there are so many ways you could break that down and interpret it that there is NO WAY that a limit of £5 million for fees and wages exists.

If Roque didn't come there would have to be a striker...possibly costing MORE over time.

If Adam didn't come you would have to buy a midfielder...similar cost.

If Samba's swap doesn't happen you would be slightly out of pocket.

My head is spinning.

Please stop.

On this 'budget' thing...

ROQUE...at the very cheapest you would still have to pay close to £2 million in wages to get him on loan.

ADAM...if the price goes to £3 million you would also have his wages on top for - say, three-and-a-half years, which would be £4.5 million or so.

SAMBA OUT/COLLINS IN...you would actually make money on the settlement...possibly £2 million or slightly more...wages would be similar.

Let's say those are the three deals done [i think there will be more] that would mean a 'net' figure of around £7.5 million.

But there are so many ways you could break that down and interpret it that there is NO WAY that a limit of £5 million for fees and wages exists.

If Roque didn't come there would have to be a striker...possibly costing MORE over time.

If Adam didn't come you would have to buy a midfielder...similar cost.

If Samba's swap doesn't happen you would be slightly out of pocket.

My head is spinning.

Please stop.

I'd much rather be out of pocket then let Samba go to Villa

I would have loved him to be back here.

Have we been paid all of the money we sold him for or could we potentially miss out on any money due to certain contract clauses not being met with him joining another team and potentially being able to leave permanently at the end of the season?

THINK we have been paid - believe the final one was Champs league footy which they this season.....although they might have some based on x number of appearances for England.

If we don't sign RSC on loan, Will the next target be a buy or loan? personally would like us to sign a striker with PL league or a top league experience because Roberts and Benjani are both 32 and out of contract in the summer. So we are going to have to add to the striker department in the summer.

Targets identified, business to be done early (heard that many times before) with 2 here before QPR, funds to invest. Sounds great.

It can be done when a club is minded to - look at Brum with Bentley & Miller.

Time for all at Rovers to simply shut-up and put-up.

I appreciate the kind words.

I was gutted when I heard the latest. There's a lot going on at the moment, but fingers crossed a lot of what Venkys are doing is deliberate.

I'm hoping to be here on February 1st laughing about my posts.

Archived