BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if this is really Jason Brown's Twitter?

@greathover32

Just had it confirmed that I can leave blackburn for free! Any jobs going about?

I think it is genuine mate, cant see why someone would make up a fake twitter account for Jason Brown. Just checked it out and it seems the genuine article, as there is tweets with outher footballers on there.

He also tweets that he had to train on his own, instead of with the rest of the keepers.

Good luck to him, hope he can find a club asap.

I hate all this ''The sun shines out of Ian Holloway's arse'' stuff I keep hearing on the radio etc.

The bloke is a prize tool and proves it time and time again.

Bang on the money!!

I probably shouldnt mention the money word round here :blink::lol: ...............

it is january 7th!

please reserve judgement.

dont forget there were idiots at ewood on Steve Kean's back after one game, who now look pretty daft.

I think it's a bit harsh to call people idiots who had reservations about Kean being put in charge, he was'nt even an assistant manager, he was only a coach who has had one massive result, yes he looks very good and im behind him all the way but one great result wont ease people's fears.

As for the window, well we have new owners who have constantly blathered on about the window and the players they want to bring and to lay all trust in them, add that to the fact that we have one of the most threadbare squads that has'nt been added to for the last 2 years with any quality, I would have expected us to be more active and to be linked with better quality.

RSC, Duff, Ronaldinho and Adam, out of them four which would you expect to come and which would you say are really needed? I would like to be optimistic over this window but the only name that has inspired me is Adam and Holloway will not let him budge easily.

If Venky's want to make a statement then they really need to be snatching Scott Parker or O Hara and a top class striker because that is what we really need.

I think what is happening tonight is that you have Birmingham and Fulham who are panicking and probably paying way over the odds because of their league positions, and us sitting pretty after wednesday which has given us a little breathing space and means that we can indeed exercise patience and hold out for the best prices for the best players.

Remember the Ward and Blake panic buys? Waaaaay over the odds and disasterous.

That win on wednesday might not have just done the team and the fans some good, but might have also put us in a stronger position transfer wise.

I think it's a bit harsh to call people idiots who had reservations about Kean being put in charge, he was'nt even an assistant manager, he was only a coach who has had one massive result, yes he looks very good and im behind him all the way but one great result wont ease people's fears.

Sorry if it came across like that, i didnt call people idiots who have reservations and fears - trust me I am one of them - I was talking about some of the vile abuse levelled at Kean at home to Stoke, in particular from a number of people around me, and how VERY quiet they suddenly were on Wednesday

I think the lack of money thing is to put us in a better negotiating position. Venkys will be Learning fast about talking figures in public about big deals and have found out it is hampering other negotiations! "Hi Man City we will pay 30k for Roques wages!".............. "But you where going to pay 130k for ronoldinho who is unproven in the league! So we want 60k". Venkys are probably exited about there new acquisition... they are taking a hands on roll and making mistakes, when things start to settle down a bit I am sure they will start to delegate to the likes of Finn and Williams... Lets just have some patience let them learn and go from the summer before judging.... I bet nobody on here has made the money they have, but most believe they can run a football club better!

The @VenkysLondonPLC is making some REALLy weird tweets just now.

"We have a new signing to announce"

Then posting pics of AkonSanta, Duff and Ronaldinho... Think that sums up that the thing is fake.

EDIT

Now he did "Say goodbye mr Belokon" (President of Blackpool FC, with a picture of Adam.

This to me is the most worrying aspect, the more viable and affordable targets are going early, Bentley, Sidwell etc players who would improve our squad, this really should have been sorted earlier, the problem for me is, we are an English Premier League club who appear to be being run by a call centre in India, surely at a crucial time of the year, there could be some sort of link 'get together' where things can be sorted quickly, we have been in this situation previously and were told its early, dont worry, then there are snags, another club barges in and we have panic buys.

It is irrelevant how much we have to spend, rather, whatever we have to spend, do it quickly before others do, they dont have to be big name signings but players who will improve the team, especially in the middle of the park where we really are weak.

If you were in a match situation, most coaches will always tell you, keep the ball moving quickly, do it early, and we as a club should be doing the same with transfers before others can react.

Did you ever consider that Sidwell and Bentley were not a priority for Kean?

Or should we sign every single player that the fans like and are transfered to other teams?

If so, we missed out on Julio Baptista

I think the lack of money thing is to put us in a better negotiating position. Venkys will be Learning fast about talking figures in public about big deals and have found out it is hampering other negotiations! "Hi Man City we will pay 30k for Roques wages!".............. "But you where going to pay 130k for ronoldinho who is unproven in the league! So we want 60k".

"But Ronaldinho has been World player of the year TWICE and Roque had one good season in his entire career!"

The @VenkysLondonPLC is making some REALLy weird tweets just now.

"We have a new signing to announce"

Then posting pics of AkonSanta, Duff and Ronaldinho... Think that sums up that the thing is fake.

EDIT

Now he did "Say goodbye mr Belokon" (President of Blackpool FC, with a picture of Adam.

It's weekend mate, the lad will get to stay up late on his I phone and laptop - no school tomorrow!

• Backroom

Don't rate Sidwell at all and Bentley would probably never have come back here. Acted like a tool when he left, anyway. Not arsed about either.

I don't mind Kean taking his time, as long as we get the right players.

Did you ever consider that Sidwell and Bentley were not a priority for Kean?

Or should we sign every single player that the fans like and are transfered to other teams?

If so, we missed out on Julio Baptista

"But Ronaldinho has been World player of the year TWICE and Roque had one good season in his entire career!"

You have hit the nail on the head there my friend. How can we miss out on someone we were never interested in, in the first place?

I do have a sneaky feeling we may well go in for Seb Larsson in the next couple of days.

Archived