BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

Once the Adam thing is settled I will go through some things. Right now, it's probably best that we just watch it unfold.

Samba probably has to play tomorrow because of lack of bodies. But the Villa thing is still live. More details about that could emerge soon.

Sorry to box clever on that, but there are tales to be written on Sunday.

I hope.

I hope not if that means Samba's going :P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be interesting to see what players Rovers want rid of from the squad.

Obviously if anyone bids for players on big wages who never play (or should I just write Grella?) or are about to be out of contract then it's understandable but I wonder if it means getting rid of players who don't fit in with the style of football we will be playing in the future?

Saying that, our squad is so small at the moment, I can only see people leaving who aren't involved in the first team at all or when we get 4 or 5 new bodies in.

nicko, i know there is know ronaldinho talk in here but im desperate to know, is there a new development on that front as the manager said something had happened in last 24 hours, ie a phonecall and hes optimistic on that one

Gremio dont have the cash to pay Milan for him. We if Venkys are to be believed do.

Blackburn and Newcastle in fight for Uruguay defender Mauricio Victorino

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1AOIqDh9V

It worries me when we're linked to South Americans who are in their late 20s who have never played in Europe. I've never heard of this guy but I can't help but wonder that if he was any good, he would be playing for a bigger team in Europe at a much earlier age.

Anyone know much about him?

nicko, i know there is know ronaldinho talk in here but im desperate to know, is there a new development on that front as the manager said something had happened in last 24 hours, ie a phonecall and hes optimistic on that one

UnKINbelievable

Eh? Garner in any capacity on the coaching staff would be a total disaster.

I don't care if he had a decent record in the lower leagues for, scoring something like 1 goal in every 4/5 games, he would be an absolutely awful appointment on the coaching team.

Although I agree that Garner isn't the answer as a coach, that sentence wasn't necessary :angry2:

I have a lot of time for BPF and I don't doubt the sincerity of his posting.

I do wonder about who is putting this latest 'line' out.

There have been many similar downbeat tales and certain suspicions about where they are coming from.

If it ever came to light that someone was trying to mix it there would surely be some severe consequences.

What the heck does that last sentence mean ffs?!? Bang out of order. BPF hasn't been far wrong recently has he?

You know what nicko? For someone who doesn't even support Blackburn Rovers you don't half put the hours in on here. All to give us the news 7 hours early. God bless you. Cheers!

Still, in all fairness, Wednesday was fantastic and if your man with the good Presser, Stevie Kean, can get us playing like that every home match then fantastic. We'll stop up, pick up the occasional away win and jobs a good un. We have players to come back as well. For all the talk of a defensive midfielder needed we have N'Zonzi and Grella back soon (OK - maybe not Grella - "He's Fit!", 2 days later "er sorry - He's Injured!") - so why shell out again? You could also arguably play Andrews in there (I did say arguably).

Morten and Dunn were superb on Wednesday, class acts, out passed Liverpool. I do recognise that 'Pool were pony but even then we played some great stuff. Charlie Adam for £6m? Not convinced myself.

Biggest concern for me is keeping Samba. Keep him and we're safe. Then we can concentrate on bidding for Kaka, Messi and some Kentaro players in the summer.

Although I agree that Garner isn't the answer as a coach, that sentence wasn't necessary :angry2:

String him up and shoot him with with paintballs made from dogturd.

GARNER = LEGEND, smokes fags, drinks ale, gets in bother with the law, and in his spare time bangs goals in for fun, proper chap.

Man City have been trying to sell or get fully-paid loans for several players for weeks. This is an instruction from HQ.

But they are slowly realising how hard that is.

Given, Bridge, SWP, Lescott, Roque...all huge earners they want to move out. But nobody can afford them

My heart bleeds...

Most of them moved for the money, you can't then expect them to come and rough it in midtable for less cash if they might get their knees dirty. They'll end up rotting in the reserves until their contract runs out, which is probably what they deserve.

String him up and shoot him with with paintballs made from dogturd.

GARNER = LEGEND, smokes fags, drinks ale, gets in bother with the law, and in his spare time bangs goals in for fun, proper chap.

and top scorer for kirkham open prison (i believe!)

Yet again another day passes and we haven't even made a bid for anyone and by the sounds of it we won't be spending anymore than £5 million.

listening to the radio whilst driving home from work an irish radio station said "damien duff has joined blackburn rovers on a 6 month loan deal"

i'm delighted we didn't put a bid in for sidwell,the guy is useless,at reading both him and harper were superb but what has he done since then.as for the 11 o'clocker not one thing positive in it AGAIN.i beg the mods CLOSE THE RONALDINHO THREAD,he hasn't even acknowledged our bid.

Yet again another day passes and we haven't even made a bid for anyone and by the sounds of it we won't be spending anymore than £5 million.

listening to the radio whilst driving home from work an irish radio station said "damien duff has joined blackburn rovers on a 6 month loan deal"

i'm delighted we didn't put a bid in for sidwell,the guy is useless,at reading both him and harper were superb but what has he done since then.as for the 11 o'clocker not one thing positive in it AGAIN.i beg the mods CLOSE THE RONALDINHO THREAD,he hasn't even acknowledged our bid.

and it's the 7th January already. We might as well pack up and go home! ....... or chill out........or look stupid.

I hear that the guys from Venkys have finally approved a budget for us (Within the last 24 hours, yes, really.)

Might open things up a lot, but from what I hear, don't expect to win any bets from William Hill....

Fans should take note of this man. We only get the tip of the iceberg on here........

but it was the tip that sank the titanic.

Correct, which is why you should worry

and we will form our own opinions, thanks anyway!

I would hope you will.

Fans should take note of this man. We only get the tip of the iceberg on here........

Hi Paul,

I appreciate the comment.

I noticed your signature regarding the QPR game. I'm going to that game and would advise anybody reading this to do the same. Yes, we are potentially in a tough spot right now but please continue to support the team. I know this sounds strange but the last thing we want to do is encourage Venkys to think that they have made a mistake. There are problems with them but there would be far scarier issues if they decided to sell (Although contractually, that would be difficult).

I love Blackburn Rovers, like you do. Please do not stop supporting them.

From all the duckin and divin you wonder if Vennkys had a buyer lined up for Jones in December and thought that money would give us a decent kitty for January. When he got injured that plan hit the wall....

Then our next most saleable asset wants to leave (Samba). Despite being told we would have players in early, we still haven't made any bids.

I'm getting suspicious that we are waiting for a decent bid for Samba then that money will be freed up for transfers...

I know this sounds strange but the last thing we want to do is encourage Venkys to think that they have made a mistake. There are problems with them but there would be far scarier issues if they decided to sell (Although contractually, that would be difficult).

Such as? Asset stripping (selling all our best players) in order to maximize profit, and then selling the club?

Hi Paul,

I appreciate the comment.

I noticed your signature regarding the QPR game. I'm going to that game and would advise anybody reading this to do the same. Yes, we are potentially in a tough spot right now but please continue to support the team. I know this sounds strange but the last thing we want to do is encourage Venkys to think that they have made a mistake. There are problems with them but there would be far scarier issues if they decided to sell (Although contractually, that would be difficult).

I love Blackburn Rovers, like you do. Please do not stop supporting them.

How the hell are we in a tough spot exactly? Any spot we are in has been created by themselves, we are in ninth spot in the league with a manager that wants to play positive attacking football coming off one of the best performances I have seen for a long time.

What is so upsetting for them? the fact that we cant sign the best players in the world by just throwing money at them? Or maybe its because the fans get upset if we dont trust in them 100% and call them sir.

I have never read anything so wild in all my years and if they really think they have made a mistake then I hope they sell us to first person they can who actualy knows what football is because these guys are the worst owners in the prem by a long shot.

Maradona my arse!

Archived