BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

They dont have the experience because we are the 1st football club they have run. THey are little over a month into the job and people are questioning their experience. WHy not question their business experience? Look at the empire they have built and it is continuall growning. THere are always going to be teething and etiquette problems when moving into a new line of work, so why do we all not be a bit patient and lets see this vision they have for us and like one of the brothers said on SSN the other day "we are their baby" and they wanna see that baby grow.

My point is, lets just wait and see

This is in real danger of going off topic - sorry to everyone. They do have the experience necessary in the business. Apparently Venky's are extremely successful in the poultry industry. At Ewood Park we have two of the most respected executives in English football - John Williams and Tom Finn. The experience is available to Venky's but it appears they wish to ignore it. This, in my book, is not competent management by Venky's.

Now please let this get back to transfers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and sit 9th in the premiership

The league is extremely tight this year however the reason we are doing well is down to solid management on & off the field over recent years (namely JW/TF, Sparky and Sam).

Of course our success will be defined by Venky's actions, however, if they keep making strange decisions/statements with seemingly no plan then we could be in big trouble.

Personally I am very concerned at what the future may hold however it is still, relatively, early days.

I certainly wont pretend to speak for others but I do believe that a significant proportion of posters/readers of this forum will, like me, find your posts intensly irritating.

For someone who's only been around for a short period of time, it’s not too late to move to Rovers mad you know, and take some of the other fledgling posters with you if you don't like it.

Whose idea was it to paste the web address across that flag?!

On a serious note, this forum thrives on alternative views that may not be in line with yours. Far too many fledglings don’t understand that people in the real world have different opinions, but here’s the thing, they do!

You may not agree with Pauls posts, and I'm sure he think I talk cr@p most days, but to call his posts intensely irritating is out of order and offers nothing to any debate.

You and your ilk are the ones whose posts are exclusively agenda driven and making the forum difficult to read at times. How can a poster have any credibility when their posts are so blatantly driven by agendas?

I certainly wont pretend to speak for others but I do believe that a significant proportion of posters/readers of this forum will, like me, find your posts intensly irritating.

You're quite right of course. How dare Paul post an opinion so eloquently. Everythings well. La de da de da.

Enjoy the transfer speculation.

"I twist the truth, I rule the world, my crown is called deceit

I am the emperor of lies, you grovel at my feet

I rob you and I slaughter you, your downfall is my gain

And still you play the sycophant and revel in your pain

And all my promises are lies, all my love is hate

I am the politician, and I decide your fate"

Kilmister.

'I certainly wont pretend to speak for others but I do believe that a significant proportion of posters/readers of this forum will, like me, find your posts intensly irritating'

Dear Mr Spoon,

As one of the majority of occasional posters you do not speak for me. When trawling the vast numbers of informed / uninformed / hysterical/ rational posts on this and other threads, Paul is one of the posters like Philp, Kelbo Fife and others I always stop to read, I may not always agree but his post are well thought out and presented. As someone who no longer lives in the town I rely on those of you in the know to provide some insight in to what is going on in these strange times.

Yours

Dear Paul,

Keep posting mate, you are not irritating me!

Yours

Apologies for being off topic - Johns link is encouraging as we all know £5m isn't enough but until this window is complete we will just have live in hope that the Owners understand more than we think they do.

Just a quick word in support of Paul, DGS.

I think I know him "reasonably" well. One thing I can definately vouch for, is that he's honest and doesn't post in order to get a reaction. What he says, is what he believes. There's little more that we can ask for, from any poster.

The league is extremely tight this year however the reason we are doing well is down to solid management on & off the field over recent years (namely JW/TF, Sparky and Sam).

Of course our success will be defined by Venky's actions, however, if they keep making strange decisions/statements with seemingly no plan then we could be in big trouble.

Personally I am very concerned at what the future may hold however it is still, relatively, early days.

OK I knew there would be some flak from somewhere so let me explain things. I only contribute to certain threads on the MB because much of it doesn't interest me and my football knowledge (players around the world etc) is not good enough these days. Long gone are the days when I could reel off a stream of football based facts. A good example of this is the "Marquee Signing" thread where I expressed the fantasy which went through my head watching the LIverpool game and it became apparent I had totally the wrong end of the stick. I very, very rarely even read the transfer window thread because I can't keep up, don't know 95% of the names and I'm only interested in players on our pitch not 500 pages of fantasy football. This window is a bit different though.

One of the things which interests me is the future of our club. I hear a lot of rumour and I'm not sure how much is true, but most of it would send the MB in to complete meltdown. I have never posted any of this on here and will only ever comment on what I see in the published media.

As regards Phil Jones I still believe he would have been sold. I refuse to reveal the source of this information but by way of explanation I will say this. Many sports people live ordinary lives, like you and me (I'm no one special, I have no club contacts). Just through every day life I meet / know / hear of many sports people. My son was coached by Laura Massaro (World No.8 squash), my wife knows her mother, I used the same gym as many Bolton and Rovers players, my wife knows Kevin Gallacher's wife, within literally one minute of my back door live Tom Smith (Lancashire cricketer), Nicky Reid (ex Rovers and Man City), Jason Quealy (British cyclist), my kids went to school with relatives of Neil Ruddock and still know them, one of my lads has two friends who play in the FL and one friend whose father manages in the FL, I know a Bolton Wanderers director. I won't bore you with any more except to say Phil is a local lad and I live locally - I do NOT know the player. The point is in my ordinary humdrum life I come across people in ordinary everyday settings and hear things.

Alan Nixon is a journalist and has to guard his sources. He is clearly an intelligent and articulate man. In the past I and others have asked him deeper questions about football and Rovers. These are never answered. To know what he writes he must have very good contacts, ergo he must know a great deal about events at Ewood, way beyond who we may or may not buy etc. That none of this ever gets a mention makes me question things. I don't doubt nicko I just question it, that's what we do with journalism and media, we should not believe everything that is published. He is is not a Rover and one question I would love to see answered is why is he here?

Many football fans are only interested in the good news, not being interested in, for example, the huge, unsustainable debt that may be piled on to the club. In today's PL every action has a consequence and it is very foolish to live for today.

You're right I do have an agenda - it is this. I believe money and foreign ownership are killing our game. I have said this for years. I can accept we have little choice but foreign ownership for Rovers. I am happy to accept competent owners who will manage the club well. Sadly the current owners have not, in my opinion, demostrated the experience to manage our club. I will continue to try and argue this in a rational manner without resorting to being unpleasant to other MBers.

I feel so strongly about this ownership issue I will boycott today's game. For me this is extremely hard not least because it means one of my sons, who needs support to attend, cannot go. I think though the issues surrounding our proud club are sufficient to justify this.

I apologise if my thoughts offend you and others but all I do is try to present them in a reasonable and, I hope, well argued manner................and I still believe Phil Jones would have been sold in January, presumably to fund purchases but I don't know that.

Paul, as always of course you put your case in a rational and eloquent way and your opinion carries a lot more weight with me than most on here but I have to say on this occasion I think your stance is completely wrong.

The new owners are are coming over to me as a little bit like a kid with a new toy, possibly over eager to please which has led to one or two ultimately irrelevant communication gaffes. I for one would accept that initially as opposed to ten years of stony silence from the previous incumbents. Ultimately however they should be judged on the results and players they bring to the Club. You don't appear to be prepared to allow them that chance. It is not their fault if you dislike the influence other foreign owners have had on the game either. I'm sure you would be outraged if anyone judged foreigners in a generic or stereotypical way in any other walk of life.

We've also just come off the back of the most entertaining performance at Ewood in years with a fledgling manager who for me has done very well in his first few games in charge given the crippling injury list he has had to endure. He deserves everyone's support.

Ultimately I hope he and the new owners win your support. I'd hate you to paint yourself into a position whereby we reach a Cup semi final or final for example and you have to try and explain to Tom that you can't go because of your moral standpoint.

Where has this figure come from? I never saw any quotes from the owners or Kean, apart from Kean saying there was no fixed cap.

Venky's stated this pre/post takeover - maybe because of injuries we might spend more.

'Initially there will be £5million put in, straightaway, to buy players but of course if we have to do more then we will.

"We don't expect to be in the top five of the Premier League. We will be happy to be in the top 10-12."

We've spent about seven years not seven days waiting for the previous qwners to spend any net transfer cash. And we'd still be waiting!

Quite true, however, millions were either pumped-in or capitalised (written-off) in order to keep us going. Would you do the same with your family's assets.

Paul has a very fair point. For me the club is in a really delicate position. We have been so successful despite meagre resources because of our stability and solidarity over the years whilst others have yo-yoed up and down the table, some even being relegated (Newcastle, Sunderland) due to cyclical instability.

That we can reintroduce this stability is absolutely key, but the owners business plan seems from the outside to not geared towards this. As Paul says any major expenditure will mean the club will struggle to "wash its own face", so where is the debt that accumulates going to be placed? If Venkys write it off happy days, if they do not it will in my opinion contribute to growing instability. Plus the manager situation is odd, as is the lack of clarity about goals for the club.

I am uncomfortable about Rovers going down a route where the club could not stand on its own two feet without Venky's support - that is the only stable position.

Archived