BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

Nothing depressing about us taking our time. It's unlikely that any new signing would have played in the FA Cup game, so there is essentially no difference between completing a signing today or doing it by next Friday. Also have to consider that our next league fixture is away to Chelsea and, not that I want to write a fixture off, but it isn't as if it is a crucial game for us where we need to, or are expected to, pick up the three points.

We have to strengthen our midfield during this break, but we don't have to rush into it. Identify the right targets and get them signed up. I just hope that we don't end up falling back on the 'usual suspects', which it looks increasingly like we may have done with the interest in RSC and Duff.

We are a football club not social services, he's a very good midfield player, sign him up.

Won’t happen though, Newcastle surely wouldn’t let him go on current form alone.

We aren't, but it is nice to have players whom you can respect in the side. It is already difficult with Diouf, but at least he is just a prat rather than a criminal. I don't want Barton putting on the blue and white shirt, he's a disgusting human being.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing depressing about us taking our time. It's unlikely that any new signing would have played in the FA Cup game, so there is essentially no difference between completing a signing today or doing it by next Friday. Also have to consider that our next league fixture is away to Chelsea and, not that I want to write a fixture off, but it isn't as if it is a crucial game for us where we need to, or are expected to, pick up the three points.

We have to strengthen our midfield during this break, but we don't have to rush into it. Identify the right targets and get them signed up. I just hope that we don't end up falling back on the 'usual suspects', which it looks increasingly like we may have done with the interest in RSC and Duff.

To be honest I think we can have a crack at Chelsea. They are on terrible form. Arguably worse than Liverpool. If we play like we did last match, sure we can beat them, or at least get a point. Now THAT would send a few signals around.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have a go and that we face the impossible, but simply that it's not as if we have to get our signings in before that game.

but it would be nice to get a few players in before the Chelsea game

i'm not saying he'd be my preferred choice in midfield but he does have the qualities we are looking for , energy , tackling , goals and he's the right age

but it would be nice to get a few players in before the Chelsea game

Without a doubt, but they key in all this, is that they are the right players, who will improve the squad. Other point to remember is we should have Grella, Nzonzi, Andrews, Roberts and Kali back in contention for the Chelski game.

The futures bright, the futures Blue and White :rover:

With the Adam situation, think of a Steven Gerard kind of scenario when wanting to move out off the club and you will see it might take a bit more £££ to convince Mr Adam to leave Blackpool...

Heads of horses come to mind.

:S

Edit: Should I have inserted a disclaimer of some form in the above statement along the lines of:-

"Sysagent understands / believes that"

With the Adam situation, think of a Steven Gerard kind of scenario when wanting to move out off the club and you will see it might take a bit more £££ to convince Mr Adam to leave Blackpool...

Heads of horses come to mind.

:S

Edit: Should I have inserted a disclaimer of some form in the above statement along the lines of:-

"Sysagent understands / believes that"

Who's that coming over your wife,

Is it a mobster, is it a mobster!

Absolutely spot on.

I think the win over Liverpool has also taken the pressure of to sign someone ASAP.

It would be nice to sign someone in the next couple of days but the sensible approach is to look at getting players in for the West Brom game.

Really Jim? It didnt seem like it, many questioned the motives behind it. They may not have said it in such a way, but it came across as a publicity stunt in the making

I think Jim was being sarcastic. And I understand his sarcasm. Until the owners improve the squad with actual, postive transfers, I'm cynical myself. To date, they have not covered themselves in glory.

Linked with Barton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1345000/Blackburn-join-West-Ham-Villa-bid-sign-Newcastle-midfielder-Barton--Pardew-insists-stay-St-James.html

Sort of midfielder we need, but he could prove more trouble than he is worth given his track record. Not sure Morten would be to keen to to play next to him in midfield either after that sucker punch to the stomach

Barton is a talent, I give him that. And MGP seems relaxed about the whole penalty thing, asking that he not be banned and inviting him over to dinner. Which means that MGP is either the nicest guy you'll meet or he has Hannibal Lecter tendencies.

We are a football club not social services, he's a very good midfield player, sign him up.

Won’t happen though, Newcastle surely wouldn’t let him go on current form alone.

I'm trying to raise my children to be decent human beings, in addition to spending quite a few weekend hours selling my children on the Rovers as the good guys, the team we cheer on. My biggest objection to Barton being a Rover is the prospect of trying to explain to my 6 year old why the "good guys" (the Rovers) are violent cheats if Barton gets up to his usual shenanigans (and that is only a matter of time).

Kean has just said on Rovers Player that they will unveil a new first team coach on Monday.

He said it's someone that fans should be very excited about and has a great pedigree.

Any ideas who it could be?

Nicko?

Kean has just said on Rovers Player that they will unveil a new first team coach on Monday.

He said it's someone that fans should be very excited about and has a great pedigree.

Nicko?

Might go for an experienced old head such as Ricky Sbragia or Ray Wilkins!!!

Nicko?

VERY good news!

Kenny? :lol:

Archived