BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams Leaves

Ray P

So far, experienced pros have signed new contracts and there are more to follow.

I don't think someone of Salgado's calibre would stick around if he thought the club was on the slide.

Also, for all Kean's inexperience, he's been able to sign both proven players and two young starlets.

And it's lose.

Oh dear! Salgado is one hundred and two and we're paying good money so he can visit his sister okay.

SK has spent £4m - most of the years transfer budget borrowing some players who would not fit my category of top drawer.

Note - no one else was interested in any of them, and judging by the look on the two spanish speakers on Wednesday night they'll be off at the end of the season.

I don't even think we're paying all RSC's wages and unless he takes a drop won't be either come July.

Oh dear! Salgado is one hundred and two and we're paying good money so he can visit his sister okay.

SK has spent £4m - most of the years transfer budget borrowing some players who would not fit my category of top drawer.

Note - no one else was interested in any of them, and judging by the look on the two spanish speakers on Wednesday night they'll be off at the end of the season.

I don't even think we're paying all RSC's wages and unless he takes a drop won't be either come July.

And while I'm on a rant - Mrs D. will always tell the truth - she's not clever enough to make up believable lies! and you lot should all be greatful for the money they've put in the club. Or else!

And while I'm on a rant - Mrs D. will always tell the truth - she's not clever enough to make up believable lies! and you lot should all be greatful for the money they've put in the club. Or else!

And see - this whole situation has got me talking to myself now - Doh! :lol:

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was Tom Finn, I would be highly offended by all the comments along the lines of, 'we now have a completely inexperienced people at the helm'. This is a good opportunity for him to grow in his role after many yrears of JW being the mothpiece for everything going on at the club.

Anyway, the person I feel most sorry for is Andy Cryer who has lost his one and only source!

And that's why the term 'key roles' was used.

2 most important roles at a football club without doubt are:

1.) The manager

2.) The person running the club - I use that term as previously it was the chairman, but it would seem the Roa's are taking on that role nowadays.

Those are the roles I was referring to and since Tom doesn't fill any of those roles so its not a slant on his ability or contribution.

I hope that clears things up for you.

And that's why the term 'key roles' was used.

2 most important roles at a football club without doubt are:

1.) The manager

2.) The person running the club - I use that term as previously it was the chairman, but it would seem the Roa's are taking on that role nowadays.

Those are the roles I was referring to and since Tom doesn't fill any of those roles so its not a slant on his ability or contribution.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Not really. The Chief Executive runs the club on a day to day basis doesn't he? William's role, when it was revised, was positioned as being a more detached, strategic one, replacing that of the Trust when they had been more involved. A role obviously now done, and rightly so, by the new owners.

In my view there are three key roles: Manager - inexperienced; Owner - aren't they all inexperienced to some degree?; Chief Executive - experienced, runs a complex organisation that has hundreds of non-player employees.

Not really. The Chief Executive runs the club on a day to day basis doesn't he? William's role, when it was revised, was positioned as being a more detached, strategic one, replacing that of the Trust when they had been more involved. A role obviously now done, and rightly so, by the new owners.

In my view there are three key roles: Manager - inexperienced; Owner - aren't they all inexperienced to some degree?; Chief Executive - experienced, runs a complex organisation that has hundreds of non-player employees.

I was under the impression that Tom Finn looked after the youth and JW looked after the first team in regards day to day affairs/dealings. At least that was how JW explained it to me, he looked after the first team, Tom the youth, if on top of that he also did the day to day business side of things great. I doubt the owners get involved in the day to day stuff, hence the 2 new directors

At the end of the day I place the 1st team above all else in a football club as it is the influencing factor over everything else. The day to day running or business side is obviously important, but do you follow Rovers because the ticket office is impeccably run or because of what you see and experience on/from the pitch?

Everything else is effected by what we do and how we perform on the pitch at a football club and so for me whilst it's an important role, I don't consequently consider it key.

So there's my thinking and my logic and I'll say again it's no slant on Tom Finn which was the point you were inferring. It's just we differ on what is a key role at a football club. Nothing more.

I'm not impressed at Desai saying JW has 'lost interest' in the club. I just can't believe he would/could.

I can. If certain things are true then I can imagine he would have lost interest and he would probably admit that.

So you will know he did not lose interest in Rovers.

I doubt he lost interest in Rovers. I suggest he lost interest in doing the job. He has, after all, decided it's time to go and negotiated his way out. That, frankly, is losing interest in doing the job whether you like it or not. He has his reasons. Those reasons ended up in him calling time on the job. Fair enough?

I doubt he lost interest in Rovers. I suggest he lost interest in doing the job. He has, after all, decided it's time to go and negotiated his way out. That, frankly, is losing interest in doing the job whether you like it or not. He has his reasons. Those reasons ended up in him calling time on the job. Fair enough?

Only fair to the extent it is not true.

Genuine question, why is Finn still at the club if as has been infered JW was forced out? logic tells me that his job was no longer the same and as such both parties felt it was time to move on, if the Raos wanted him out they would have fired him, look at Sam as proof of that.

What absolute drivel philip.

"I'm right and everyone else is wrong but I'm not going to specify what my viewpoint actually is then no-one can ever say whether I was right or wrong. But I'll throw in a snide innuendo implying Venky's are at fault along the way just for good measure."

Btw according to today's LT Mrs. Desai arrived in London on Monday before flying to Manchester ahead of Wednesday night's game. She then apparently visited Brockhall on Thursday before flying back to India yesterday.

So unless the LT are making all that up you would appear to be similarly "wide of the mark" with your previous assertion that the Venky's delegation cut short their stay.

Well they are making up when they left the UK as they definitely flew out on Thursday evening on Swiss. They may also have had reservations on Friday but they went on Thursday.

And the proof for this statement is where? Come on Philip it's time to tell all or at least tell something of substance...

Look there are things that some posters do know about the club, that they cannot completely reveal.

For example I was told way back in Decemeber via pm - that Sam & JW would be leaving very soon. That has been proved truthful.

But the poster could not reveal it for various reasons. When I was told that in confidence I kept it.

Even today without that posters permission, I would not reveal who told me about Sam & JW.

But my gripe - for want of a better word.

Is not that they know things I would like to know or care about. But if they want the support from supporters, they need to find away of being able to reveal what they know, without revealing sources. Especially when something is happening that they consider detrimentel to the club. I therefore hope that philip, timmytimmy etc take that in mind.

Sometimes my reply to their posts may seem that I am opposed etc to what they are saying. But I am not.

I post in the hope that having hinted that something isn't right in the club, they will do more or find a way, a safe way to spill the beans. So that if the need arise we can try to do something about it.

I accept that doing so via PM is one way or email, but the giving of some information could be counter productive as it could reveal the original source of the information and then information coming out of the club would dry up.

But it is hard to find that way. I believe Philip and others, will spill what he can and when he can.

I think the problem with a lot of the "in the know" posters is that for every time they are right they are usually wrong a dozen times. I don't doubt that they have their sources, but, with a few notable exceptions, the vast majority are not nearly as clued in as they like to make out.

I think the problem with a lot of the "in the know" posters is that for every time they are right they are usually wrong a dozen times. I don't doubt that they have their sources, but, with a few notable exceptions, the vast majority are not nearly as clued in as they like to make out.

and the attitide among many of those in the know that somehow if you're not you're dim. We're not dim. We just don't have connections inside Rovers. If we did know we might view things differently - most of us have the brains to make up our own minds - but just because we have to base our opinions on the facts and feelings we have, doesn't make that opinion invalid - we can only judge on what we see.

and the attitide among many of those in the know that somehow if you're not you're dim. We're not dim. We just don't have connections inside Rovers. If we did know we might view things differently - most of us have the brains to make up our own minds - but just because we have to base our opinions on the facts and feelings we have, doesn't make that opinion invalid - we can only judge on what we see.

That's my point exactly. We can only judge on what we see and what we can read. One thing that strikes me is that JW is an honest man and I don't think he'd say he chose to leave without it being true. No matter what people say, JW says he chose to leave and that means he isn't interested in doing the job any more. That, in all regards, is losing interest whether you like it or not.

Archived