BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

We have debated the pros and cons of politely allowing a League One player to turn out as a Premiership player but quite frankly enough is enough. Keith Andrews is comfortably out of his league and we have had to endure three consecutive managers selecting him. Let's not even debate this - you would have to be an absolute [removed] to think that Keith Andrews justifies being selected as a first team player for Blackburn.

Please let's be as one and send a message out to Steve Kean that selecting Andrews for the away game against Villa & seeing his mindless challenge to concede a penalty and cost us the game means that enough is enough and we must really get rid of this League One liability.

He is the worst player to turn out for Rovers in living memory and I really believe that our Premiership status may be dependent on Steve Kean realising that we cannot afford to carry passengers and the number one liability is that useless joker Keith Andrews.

Get behind me and endorse this thread - just about ANYONE would be better than Keith Andrews - even 10 men - so come on Steve Kean, keeep Keith away from our team. If nothing else look at the APTA stats and see what a total liability he is.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he leaves for his own sake as much as Rovers'. Yes he is well below the required standard but its not his bloody fault he gets selected. Anyone of us would have made the move from MK Dons to Rovers. It was his big chance FFS. He hasn't done the business and its time for him to move on. He is entering the final furlong of his 'glittering' career and it would be a shame for him to take such a confidence bashing that he can't make a go of things at another club. Rovers are better off without him and he is better off without us. If he went on loan tomorrow i'd wish him all the very best.

Oh, and the day i read that Kean said he'd only play him away from home was the day i began to have doubts about Kean too. I've never ever heard something so ridiculous said about a professional footballer.

I wont boo him during a game but he is the worst player Ive ever seen wear our shirt. His technique is Sunday league at best. No sense of pass direction. So lax, and lazy on the ball, even Zidane with his technique wasnt like that. I truly hope he never wears our shirt again.

Tonight he was an absolute useless @#/?, pure and simple, there can be no argument.

As useful and dangerous as a broken rubber chicken, with the tactical intellegance to match.

The useless bitch passed the ball forward once which can in anyway be construed as a complete and useful pass. Had all the positional sence and tact of a blind man having a seizure in the box.

Did he make a tackle? He certainly never touched the ground besides for his two left feet, besides falling to the floor when he tried some Brazilian skills IN OUR OWN BOX. At least Jones and Grella had the common courtesy to get booked for us. The clown cant even get booked for a penalty right.

Waste of skin and wages.

Did any of the Andrews haters on here actually go to the game yesterday ? The few of us who did will agree it's wrong to just single out Keith here.

Without doubt pederesen was far worse than Keith yesterday he was an absolute liability at one point I thought Nelsen was going to chin him.

Not far behind was Emerton what exactly does he bring to the table apart from huff and puff ? he produces nothing.

Santa Cruz should be shipped back to city at the earliest possibility waste of 90k a week he just walked around for an hour sulking before he got subbed I don't think he even broke sweat.

Jones well once again the game passed him by his only contribution a stupid challenge on pires when if he had chased him fir another 2 yards he would have taken the ball off him.

It's not just Andrews we are carrying 5 or 6 players who just aren't good enough at this level.

Well put mattym. I doubt any of those criticising Andrews were there to see the reality of yesterday's team. Three players performed acceptably, Robinson (stopped five nailed on chances), Nelsen and Hanley.

I dont think anyone is singling out Andrews. Rather people are highlighting his performance yesterday. I'd argue that he was by far the worst player on the pitch and MGP a close second. The difference being Pedersen although he was abysmal and gave a through ball to Bent did not directly result in a goal against us.

In fact, Andrews followed it up with a backward header which almost beautifully went into our own top corner. His appetizer was a wayward back-bass diagonally across the field to Villa in the first half. I dont think anyone has been unfair to him ever. No one wants a player to fail in our shirt.

Its true that he is "trying his best", but some of his mistakes are too elementary for this level.

I agree he is trying his best and it's clearly not good enough but why oh why does Kean keep selecting him.

The blame has to lie at his door because there are other options.

Also thought Salgado was sadly lacking second half Albrighton ran him ragged.

Grella didn't do to bad I thought midfield totally loat shape after he went off.

Niko did well when he came in looked bright

whereas Roberts why has he been given a new deal

he was BY FAR the worst player on the pitch and MGP A CLOSE SECOND

Eh??

Paul's point on the other thread was a very good one - if Keith Andrews had put Darren Bent through like MGP did yesterday he would have been assasinated by now.

Keef is not good enough and I think the penalty mistake yesterday may well have been his "Chimbonda" moment. I don't expect him to play any more unless there's an absolute emergency.

I also don't think what has happened to him during his time at the club reflects well on some of the fanbase at all. The fact that I can feel sympathy for a man who earns tens of thousands of pounds a week playing football for a living says it all for me.

Eh??

Paul's point on the other thread was a very good one - if Keith Andrews had put Darren Bent through like MGP did yesterday he would have been assasinated by now.

Keef is not good enough and I think the penalty mistake yesterday may well have been his "Chimbonda" moment. I don't expect him to play any more unless there's an absolute emergency.

I also don't think what has happened to him during his time at the club reflects well on some of the fanbase at all. The fact that I can feel sympathy for a man who earns tens of thousands of pounds a week playing football for a living says it all for me.

Lost my wording a bit. Should've said Keith Andrews was the worst player yesterday, with MGP a close second. Both were crap. And in fact both have been worst of a bad bunch during the last few weeks.

Andrews did attempt a Gamst-esque back pass even before MGP did. Unfortunately our defenders fizzled the move out.

• Moderation Lead

Pedersen was far worse than Andrews yesterday, having been at the game and seen this first hand, I can only assume it's because people have an axe to grind regarding Keef that they would say he was the worst player on show.

I'm not a fan, and he is terrible, but even the penalty he conceded, Pedersen shouldn't have even put him in that position, there's not many could have escaped that situation!

I disagree with some of you on here. Pederson was not the worst player yesterday. Andrews was by a mile. The worst player I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt. Get rid. Whilst he is on the books there is a temptation to play him. I'd prefer to play the No.2 goalkeeper in midfield.

I disagree with some of you on here. Pederson was not the worst player yesterday. Andrews was by a mile. The worst player I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt. Get rid. Whilst he is on the books there is a temptation to play him. I'd prefer to play the No.2 goalkeeper in midfield.

It was between Keith and him, but in my opinion Keith just shaded it. Wasn't it Pedersen that did the pass to Andrews which led to the penalty? Whoever it was, it was stupid to pass the ball back in that situation. There was also the Pedersen pass/through ball to Bent that on another day could have been put away for a goal.

But Pedersen is a £40k a week star midfielder.

Andrews was plucked from League One.

So who's the biggest under-performer?

But Pedersen is a £40k a week star midfielder.

Andrews was plucked from League One.

So who's the biggest under-performer?

Andrews. Doesn't matter what they are paid when they cross the white line.

Keef Andrews what a star... three managers played him, ALL three managers were sacked, enough said about professional football peoples opinions.

We've been conned.

What a daft post. Awful logic. You're talking about Rovers managers, right? Robinson has been with us exactly as long. And it's TWO managers that have been sacked, Kean is still our manager!!

If you were to simply say Andrews is gash, I'd roundly agree.

Archived