BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters Trust

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went along to the meeting and the end result was that we intend to hold a public meeting on Thursday, April 14. This is a pre-requisite of becoming an official supporters' trust, recognised by Supporters Direct.

Apart from setting a date, no arrangements have been made. We need venue suggestions, speakers, etc, etc.

There should be something official written and sent out in the next couple of days.

Came across this group: http://www.facebook.com/FCRoversOfficial

They call it 'I Love Blackburn Rovers' then bang on about setting up a new club called 'FC Rovers' I suggested they might do better to get behind the club they are supposed to love ...

JUST POSTED...HARDCORE FANS ..MY ARSE!!!!

hardcore fans who want to form another rovers..idiots!!!! theres only one rovers AND THATS BLACKBURN ROVERS FFS!!!! :angry:

JUST POSTED...HARDCORE FANS ..MY ARSE!!!!

hardcore fans who want to form another rovers..idiots!!!! theres only one rovers AND THATS BLACKBURN ROVERS FFS!!!! :angry:

Absolutely. And Blackburn Rovers needs ALL the support we can possibly give at the moment.

UPDATE

A date of Thursday 14th April has been set for a public meeting where we hope to get the Blackburn Rovers Supporters Trust launched (venue TBC).

If you'd like any more info, or to register your interest, please contact brst@hotmail.co.uk. You can also follow us on Twitter - Rovers_Trust, and Facebook.

• 3 weeks later...

Public meeting to be held on WEDNESDAY 11th MAY, at BLAKEY'S (King Georges Hall) from 7:30 PM.

Representatives from Supporters Direct, BRST and other established Trusts will be speaking.

This is our chance to help shape the future direction of our beloved club, and ensure decisions are made with our input.

This meeting will be a chance for everyone to get involved, and vote to form a Supporters Trust!

Put the date in your diary, and please spread the word amongst your fellow Blue and Whites!

Public meeting to be held on WEDNESDAY 11th MAY, at BLAKEY'S (King Georges Hall) from 7:30 PM.

Representatives from Supporters Direct, BRST and other established Trusts will be speaking.

This is our chance to help shape the future direction of our beloved club, and ensure decisions are made with our input.

This meeting will be a chance for everyone to get involved, and vote to form a Supporters Trust!

Put the date in your diary, and please spread the word amongst your fellow Blue and Whites!

Is there any parking nearby?

Whats the agenda?

And also have you got a line into the club saying they will listen to you??

Or is this going to turn into some Anti Yank liverpool style march?

Not saying its a bad idea....just asking

Fans forum minutes from the 28th...

MH asked if the club had had any dealings with a proposed Supporters Trust which he understood was being formed. TF stated that the club had not been approached by such an organisation. AN indicated that he knew some of the main protagonists behind the venture and that in his opinion it was unlikely to get off the ground because some of these leading figures deemed it could become a vehicle for negativity which would detract from the club’s fight against relegation.

Is this whats it is all about ? Some witch hunt against the club ?

After listening to the chap on Radio Lancs last night (whio I thought came accross really well) I was going to attend the meeting in May but after reading this on the fans forum minutes I am undecided....

AN indicated that he knew some of the main protagonists behind the venture and that in his opinion it was unlikely to get off the ground because some of these leading figures deemed it could become a vehicle for negativity which would detract from the club’s fight against relegation.[/i]

I think this says more about AN [whoever that is] than it says about the proposed supporters trust.

Maybe the FF feel threatened? I don't know, because I'm not involved in the FF. I suggest people listen to the proposal and make their own minds up.

Fans forum minutes from the 28th...

MH asked if the club had had any dealings with a proposed Supporters Trust which he understood was being formed. TF stated that the club had not been approached by such an organisation. AN indicated that he knew some of the main protagonists behind the venture and that in his opinion it was unlikely to get off the ground because some of these leading figures deemed it could become a vehicle for negativity which would detract from the clubs fight against relegation.

Is this whats it is all about ? Some witch hunt against the club ?

After listening to the chap on Radio Lancs last night (whio I thought came accross really well) I was going to attend the meeting in May but after reading this on the fans forum minutes I am undecided....

Surely the plane from India constitutes the greatest 'vehicle for negativity' that the supporters have ever come across!

I think to suggest it may become a "vehicle for negativity" is a little wide of the mark. The meeting is occurring towards the end of the season, as hopefully we will have a better idea of where we will be finishing, and it will have no impact on on pitch activities.

Any Supporters' Trust follows a fairly rigid constitution, and the main point is that it is transparent and inclusive (personally, I don't feel the fans Forum offers this). It is independent of the club, and the direction it takes is entirely down to its members and will be decided democratically.

The club will be contacted in due course. We tentatively approached John Williams some time ago, and he was supportive.

While it is not an anti-venky's movement, a large proportion of our support are unhappy with recent developments at the club, and many people feel in the dark. They have concerns they feel need addressing. We'd welcome anyone to come down to the meeting, hear what we have to say, ask any questions they may have, and vote on whether or not to proceed.

Archived