BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters Trust

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this says more about AN [whoever that is] than it says about the proposed supporters trust.

Maybe the FF feel threatened? I don't know, because I'm not involved in the FF. I suggest people listen to the proposal and make their own minds up.

AN = Alan Nixon?

Sorry Nicko,I'm only joking!

Just read that, sounds encouraging on the ST price front.

As for Andy Neill, sounds like he enjoys his cosy chats with the club a little too much...

As I was there at the meeting, I think the comments minuted were out of context. Many generally supportive comments were made by everybody at the meeting. However many of us know that given the BRISA experience it needs strong leadership and a lot of commitment to keep the momentum going. The current situation could potentially lean things to turn into an Anti Venkys group

Regarding no transparency - thats why the meetings are minuted, and anybody is welcome to put questions into the club via the forum. Is it inclusive - well almost every supporters group is represented on the forum. (I'm still trying to get them to let the Ewood Blues into it mind) The Forum doesnt purport to be any sort of supporters association though, its more of a focus group and doesnt normally cover on the pitch activities, a supporters trust can ask far more reaching questions - but whether it gets an answer or not is anybodys guess.

I'll just correct something. When I said "Maybe the FF feel threatened?", I should have said "maybe AN feels threatened?"

Slight difference, but important. Could very well be that no-one feels threatened.

• Backroom

Just read that, sounds encouraging on the ST price front.

As for Andy Neill, sounds like he enjoys his cosy chats with the club a little too much...

Nice judgement there based solely on some brief minutes.

Andy offered a bit of insight into what a supporters trust is about no more no less.

• Backroom

Yeah,a bit off on my part!

Fernhurst Blue isn't it?

:blush:

I'm not sure mate.

But for the record he offered no negativity towards the supporters trust, the only doubt expressed was being unsure if a venue was able to be found for the meeting.

But for the record he offered no negativity towards the supporters trust, the only doubt expressed was being unsure if a venue was able to be found for the meeting.

Then the person writing the minutes should be asked to amend them because they seem to then be misrepresenting what was said by AN at the meeting and indicate negativity towards the concept of the Supporters Trust (minutes imply that the trust would be "vehicle for negativity").

Then the person writing the minutes should be asked to amend them because they seem to then be misrepresenting what was said by AN at the meeting and indicate negativity towards the concept of the Supporters Trust (minutes imply that the trust would be "vehicle for negativity").

That would be me then ... stand-in secretary for the evening! I have re-read my notes and stand by the information contained in the minutes regarding this subject. One thing is clear though ... some people are mis-interpretting the tone of Andy's coments. I hold my hand-up here if I have failed to convey the context of their delivery. I will try again. Andy was being in no way negative toward the idea of a Supporters Trust, quite the contrary. In fact he explained the generic workings of a Supporters Trust to those of us who are not au fait with their remit. I did not put this information in the minutes because it is freely available in the public domain. The point was that Andy knew some of the 'movers and shakers' behind the proposed Supporters Trust and he felt that they would not want to create something that could be turned into a vehicle for negativity at a crucial stage of the season. Hope this helps.

<br />Well I know Paul has been to an earlier meeting, Paul, what do you say to Tom Finn's comments?<br />

The meeting I attended was very focused on organisation of the first public meeting. I've also been copied in on e-mail correspondence. To date I've neither heard or read anything which could be described as negative or anti-Venky's. Without putting words in other people's mouths I expect the attitude would be one of working together (club and BRST) to achieve a common goal with BRST wishing to represent the support. This is the impression I have gained.

While I'm not part of the FF I think ES's comments will be very accurate.

It was me that went on the radio on Tuesday night and can confirm we are not setting out to be an "anti-Venky's" pressure group.

What the trust actually wants is to be decided by the membership. In setting up the trust we are merely creating an arena for concerns/wants/needs to be voiced and not actually setting any agenda ourselves.

There is nothing that any Rovers fan can possibly object to in the setting up of the trust and I urge everyone to come down on May 11 (although logistically may cock us up if 10,000 turn up :-) )

We've set up a website now as well at http://roverstrust.wordpress.co.uk

It was me that went on the radio on Tuesday night and can confirm we are not setting out to be an "anti-Venky's" pressure group.

What the trust actually wants is to be decided by the membership. In setting up the trust we are merely creating an arena for concerns/wants/needs to be voiced and not actually setting any agenda ourselves.

There is nothing that any Rovers fan can possibly object to in the setting up of the trust and I urge everyone to come down on May 11 (although logistically may cock us up if 10,000 turn up :-) )

Thought you came over very well and am 100% behind the idea.

I can't make it on May 11th (pesky uni exams) but hope it all goes well and will be interested in being a part of this in the future.

Thought you came over very well and am 100% behind the idea.

I can't make it on May 11th (pesky uni exams) but hope it all goes well and will be interested in being a part of this in the future.

Cheers mate. Email brst@hotmail.co.uk and we'll add you to the mailing list and keep you in the loop.

the link don't work!

The is the first chance I have had to come on and explain my comments made at the recent Fans Forum meeting. I am AN (Andrew Neil) and have been a member of the FF for a couple of years now.

The comment "vehicle for negativity" was only my opinion about how the trust might be taken off course given the feelings of the majority(?) of fans towards Venkys. I understand that words can be taken out of context when they are just presented in a written format, without hearing what was said, before during and after the quoted comment.

That was all I meant, I will be attending the meeting at Blakeys and will be interested to hear more meat to the bones sort of speak.

In response to Mattyblue "As for Andy Neill, sounds like he enjoys his cosy chats with the club a little too much..." - care to expand on this? Not quite sure were you are coming from?

The is the first chance I have had to come on and explain my comments made at the recent Fans Forum meeting. I am AN (Andrew Neil) and have been a member of the FF for a couple of years now.

The comment "vehicle for negativity" was only my opinion about how the trust might be taken off course given the feelings of the majority(?) of fans towards Venkys. I understand that words can be taken out of context when they are just presented in a written format, without hearing what was said, before during and after the quoted comment.

That was all I meant, I will be attending the meeting at Blakeys and will be interested to hear more meat to the bones sort of speak.

In response to Mattyblue "As for Andy Neill, sounds like he enjoys his cosy chats with the club a little too much..." - care to expand on this? Not quite sure were you are coming from?

Look forward to meeting you Andy. If it does take off, it may be worth combining the trust with the FF? At least worth considering.

My apologies FB :blush:

Look forward to meeting you Andy. If it does take off, it may be worth combining the trust with the FF? At least worth considering.

You'd need to ask the movers and shakers, neither of which I am :D

My apologies FB :blush:

No need to aplogise Matty, we are all grown ups (well most of us) :brfc:

You'd need to ask the movers and shakers, neither of which I am :D

I'm not sure I would describe myself as a "mover and shaker" either but I am secretary of the Fans Forum (although I was skivving off the last one in Mallorca). It would be interesting to see if and how the FF could work together withe Supporters Trust but let's get a Trust set up first. I was hoping to come to the meeting but I will be in London on 11th May but I am sure Andy and others from the Forum can help on the night if needed.

Archived